Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2013, 02:13 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,855,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
GUILTY!

The Members of the Independent Commission of Inquiry to Investigate U.S./NATO War Crimes Against the People of Yugoslavia, meeting in New York, having considered the Initial Charges and Complaint of the Commission dated July 31, 1999 against President William J. Clinton, Gen. Wesley Clark, Secretary of State Madeleine Albright, Prime Minister Tony Blair, Chancellor Gerhard Schroder, President Jacques Chirac, Prime Minister Massimo D’Alema, Prime Minister Jose Maria Azmar, the Governments of the United States and the other NATO member states, former Secretary General Javier Solana and other NATO leaders, and Others with nineteen separate Crimes Against Peace, War Crimes and Crimes Against Humanity in violation of the Charter of the United Nations, the 1949 Geneva Conventions, other international agreements and customary international law;

The Members of the International War Crimes Tribunal find the accused Guilty on the basis of the evidence against them and that each of the nineteen separate crimes alleged in the Initial Complaint has been established to have been committed beyond a reasonable doubt. These are:

1. Planning and Executing the Dismemberment, Segregation and Impoverishment of Yugoslavia.

2. Inflicting, Inciting and Enhancing Violence Between and Among Muslims and Slavs.

3. Disrupting Efforts to Maintain Unity, Peace and Stability in Yugoslavia.

4. Destroying the Peace-Making Role of the United Nations.

5. Using NATO for Military Aggression Against, and Occupation of, Non-Compliant Poor Countries.

6. Killing and Injuring a Defenseless Population throughout Yugoslavia.

7. Planning, Announcing and Executing Attacks Intended to Assassinate the Head of Government, Other Government Leaders and Selected Civilians in Yugoslavia.

8. Destroying and Damaging Economic, Social, Cultural, Medical, Diplomatic -- including the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China and other embassies -- and Religious Resources, Properties and Facilities throughout Yugoslavia. 9 Attacking Objects Indispensable to the Survival of the Population of Yugoslavia.

10. Attacking Facilities Containing Dangerous Substances and Forces.

11. Using Depleted Uranium, Cluster Bombs and Other Prohibited Weapons.

12. Waging War on the Environment.

13. Imposing Sanctions through the United Nations that are a Genocidal Crime Against Humanity.

14. Creating an Illegal Ad-Hoc Criminal Tribunal to Destroy and Demonize the Serbian Leadership. The Illegitimacy of this Tribunal is Further Demonstrated by Its Failure to Bring Any Case Regarding the Oppression of the Romani People, Who Have Suffered the Highest Rate of Casualties of Any People in the Region.

15. Using Controlled International Media to Create and Maintain Support for the U.S. Assault and to Demonize Yugoslavia, Slavs, Serbs and Muslims as Genocidal Murderers.

16. Establishing the Long-Term Military Occupation of Strategic Parts of Yugoslavia by NATO Forces.

17. Attempting to Destroy the Sovereignty, Right to Self-Determination, Democracy and Culture of the Slavic, Muslim, Roma and Other People’s of Yugoslavia.

18. Seeking to Establish U.S. Domination and Control of Yugoslavia and to Exploit Its People and Resources.

19. Using the Means of Military Force and Economic Coercion in Order to Achieve U.S. Domination.

The Members hold NATO, the NATO states and their leaders accountable for their criminal acts and condemn those found guilty in the strongest possible terms. The Members condemn the NATO bombardments, denounce the international crimes and violations of international humanitarian law committed by the armed attack and through other means such as economic sanctions. NATO has acted lawlessly and has attempted to abolish international law.
Thank you. I'd forgotten that Ramsey Clark's IAC had done this. They aren't an officially recognized court with any authority, but the people who were involved are all respected individuals who brought first-hand experiences in making the case against Clinton and NATO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 02:23 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,855,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS0311 View Post
Then you are a stupid veteran on two fronts...
1. Where are the weapons of mass destruction????
Exactly when did we have that press conference, I must have missed it.

2. We have not been at war for 25 years...Jesus..
I've never believed that Bush deliberately lied. I do believe that he disagreed with his father when his father went to war with Iraq over Kuwait, and Bush Sr chose to follow the UN mandate for the war, just to drive the Iraqis from Kuwait, when Bush could have proceeded and toppled Hussein then. And I think that W's team, Cheney and Rumsfeld, especially, having been active in Bush Sr's administration, were pre-disposed to see a threat from Hussein and Iraq. The fact that the President, Vice President and Secretary of the Defense were all looking for that threat, I believe, colored the information they were provided. They believed that Hussein was amassing weapons of mass destruction, and that action needed to be taken to prevent those weapons being used. I think that the force of their conviction was very persuasive, to the American people, to Congress, and even to our allies. While some may have thought that conviction was based on information that was only available to the President and his Cabinet members, the strength of Bush's conviction was information, too, for all the rest of us.

When the WMD's weren't found, Bush still believed that he acted properly, because he sincerly believed that Hussein needed to go. And Hussein was a brutal dictator. He did need to go. But I believe it would have been better if it was a unified international community that had taken the steps to oust him.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:33 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,341,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Respect means not using up soldiers lives like they are expendable and sending them into a guerrilla war of your own making, unprepared for close quarters urban guerrilla warfare, where your enemy shoots at unarmored Humvees you are driving around in, or plants IED's that you drive over and you are blown up, burned, concessed, or killed.

Respect means not killing those under your command like Pres. Obama has demonstrated, and Pres. Clinton and Pres. Bush before him.

W is an idiot who is trying to repair his legacy through spin and phoniness, and it will only work on those who are not smart enough to see through it.

There is an old saying "Actions speak louder than words", and his actions as Commander in Chief speak volumes.

Quote:
Respect means not killing those under your command like Pres. Obama has demonstrated
Ever heard of the whole if ignorance is bliss thing?

The rules murdering our troops - NYPOST.com

Old 05-29-2013, 02:43 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,489,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
links have been provided many times..you refuse to admit them
I hadn't seen you post a link to that video, before. Thanks for providing it.

The video isn't a reliable source, in its current form ... IMO. If someone has more of the interview from a reliable source ... say, from CBS/60 Minutes itself ... then we can listen to it and consider the Secretary's comments ... in their entirety. What you presented was an edited version which may have also been altered. There's no way to tell if it's truthfully presented. The other links you provided are repetitive of the faulty video clip.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
I hadn't seen you post a link to that video, before. Thanks for providing it.

The video isn't a reliable source, in its current form ... IMO. If someone has more of the interview from a reliable source ... say, from CBS/60 Minutes itself ... then we can listen to it and consider the Secretary's comments ... in their entirety. What you presented was an edited version which may have also been altered. There's no way to tell if it's truthfully presented. The other links you provided are repetitive of the faulty video clip.
It's like clockwork.......

Liberal/Obama Supporter Auto Response Protocolâ„¢

1. The source isn't valid
2. That's racist
3. But...but...but George W. Bush
4. Haters gonna hate
5. Repeat 1,2,3, and/or 4 as needed then insult the opposition for failing to support this great man, declare victory, and move on

Old 05-29-2013, 03:39 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,489,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
It's like clockwork.......

Liberal/Obama Supporter Auto Response Protocol™

1. The source isn't valid
I can't speak for the "Liberal/Obama Supporter" contingent, but I'm thinking any person seeking information upon which to base an assumption/opinion would want to carefully cosider the source someone making an allgation cites. Particularly when it seems dislike or hate for an individual is being expressed ... over and over again.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I will make sure to provide you a link when I get home, but until then you can simply Google it or look it up on Wikipedia to figure out the exact dates the US was involved and how long the UN was involved because there is a difference between the two that I think you are confusing.
So what happened to that link? Don't want to post something that shows that your hero violated the law, eh?

IBTL

Old 05-30-2013, 07:17 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,467,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOS0311 View Post
Then you are a stupid veteran on two fronts...
1. Where are the weapons of mass destruction????
Exactly when did we have that press conference, I must have missed it.

2. We have not been at war for 25 years...Jesus..
really now...your answer is personal insults

1. I am a retired First Sergeant...served from 1981-2006 with combat tours in panama, desert storm, bosnia, afganastan, and Iraq

2. everyone (even well before bush even came into office) stated that Iraq had wmd...to include both Clintons, Kerry, gore, ted kennedy, and nancy Pelosi WHO WAS ON THE INTELEGENCE committee ...were they all lying???

3. even hussain himself stated that he had these and would NOT COMPLY with the UN RESOLUTIONS

4. WMDs were found (only small amounts, but still WMD)

5. the weapons inspectors even stated that hussain was not being honest and that many of the wmd's were not tracked

you believe what you want..I know what I have seen

been there, done that, got the t-shirt

Old 05-30-2013, 10:37 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,155,365 times
Quote:
So what happened to that link? Don't want to post something that shows that your hero violated the law, eh?

IBTL
Ah yes, sorry about that, I got home about midnight last night and posting a link for you was last on my list of what I wanted to do when I got home.

1 March 2011: The US Senate unanimously passes non-binding Senate resolution S.RES.85 urging the United Nations Security Council to impose a Libyan no-fly zone and encouraging Gaddafi to step down. The US had naval forces positioned off the coast of Libya, as well as forces already in the region, including the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise.

Operation Odyssey Dawn-19–31 March 2011
United States: Operation Odyssey Dawn - Belgium, Denmark, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Qatar, Spain and the United Arab Emirates placed their national contributions under US command

The U.S. initially had strategic command of the military intervention, coordinated missions between coalition members and set up Joint Task Force Odyssey Dawn on the USS Mount Whitney for the tactical command and control in the area of operations.[12][13] but passed complete military command of the operation to NATO and took up a support role on 31 March 2011

31 March: At 0600 GMT, NATO took command of all operations in Libya. Subsequent operations were conducted as part of Operation Unified Protector.

4 April: A US Marine Corps AV-8B Harrier and a US Air Force A-10 Thunderbolt II flew missions near Sirte and Brega, respectively.[58] 4 April also marked the last day of US armed forces taking an active role in military action, as all American forces were placed in reserve that evening, to be used only if requested by NATO.

21 April: US Predator drones entered the theater.[79] According to General James Cartwright, two patrols of drones would be above Libya at all times, with the first deployment originally scheduled for 21 April, though inclement weather forced a delay.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CHRG-11...2hhrg65802.pdf
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timelin...ntion_in_Libya

Again, I think you are confusing the US with NATO, the President isn't in charge of NATO.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:32 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,505,799 times
Quote:
Ever heard of the whole if ignorance is bliss thing?
I see you exhibit it in your posts. (Bliss, that is)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies