Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2013, 05:46 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times

Advertisements

I sure hope Dubs and the vets made a significant donation to the counties and cities through which they rode, what with all the wear and tear they must have left on the roads, not to mention amount of time they wasted for the motorists. Time is money, you know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 06:01 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I sure hope Dubs and the vets made a significant donation to the counties and cities through which they rode, what with all the wear and tear they must have left on the roads, not to mention amount of time they wasted for the motorists. Time is money, you know?
This event took place on private property, mostly ranches surrounding GWB's ranch in Crawford. He puts on this event every year.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:25 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yes I did go to public schools, some of the best in the country actually. Also, you probably already know that under War Powers Act, a president can send troops into a hostile area before needed to get Congress to approve the action and declare war.

The president is still responsible for sending troops to war, it is Congress who is responsible for allowing it, Congress doesn't actually send troops to war.
The law requires Congressional approval or a withdrawal within 60 days. So how long did we engage in attacking Libya under Obama?

Old 05-27-2013, 07:29 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,750,974 times
I wonder if obama would do this, and if the left would make comments about all the soldiers that have died in the last 5 years. if obama invited them to his home in chicago, they'd better bring their AR-15. that city is a warzone.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:54 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,449,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
So you agree that it was a bi-partisan endeavor? That those Dems in office at the time own a good measure of the blame? You see I blame all involved including the American public who was salivating at the idea of kicking somebody's arse after 911. I refuse to give the Dems a free pass nor do I accept the weak excuse that someone supposedly lied to them. Liars crying about being lied to.
I dont think anyone lied. I think those wmd made their way into syria before we went into iraq. Wmd are made to transport, a group of trucks could drive them over a boarder in a matter of a day or so they could all be out of the country.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:55 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
The law requires Congressional approval or a withdrawal within 60 days. So how long did we engage in attacking Libya under Obama?
Oh we don't like to talk about our invasion of Libya via Presidential memo to Congress.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:02 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Yea, blame those who were cajoled and coerced into believing the lies told by Pres. Bush., Vice President Cheney, Sec. of Defense Rumsfeld, and Sec. of State Colin Powell.

Don't blame the liars, blame those who believed the lies.
Like president clinton

Old 05-27-2013, 08:11 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Inspiring: Former President George W. Bush Rides With Wounded Warriors at His Texas Ranch | TheBlaze.com

I know the response Ill get from some and ill gladly ignore them. Say what you want about him (and I have my own issues with him), but he really is a good man. I tell you one thing, you wont see Obama doing anything like this when he leaves office. Bush has done stuff like this many times. You can tell he enjoys it, he enjoys being with veterans.
Thank you Bush..

Army Convoy IED Compilation - YouTube

Old 05-27-2013, 08:16 AM

Thanks Bush!

Massive IED Explosion Compilation: POOR men die in RICH men's wars! - YouTube

Old 05-27-2013, 08:18 AM

Thanks Bush!!

US troops attacked and ambushed - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies