Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 09:25 AM

2,014 posts, read 3,897,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post

"The change in our climate and the scientific community's widespread attribution of it to human influences are both factual, yet Fox has managed to help foster doubts about these facts." - from the above linked article
The reality is data clearly shows something is happening at an unprecedented level. It doesn't matter if it is man made or cyclical in nature. The studies clearly indicating these changes cannot be ignored. Call it a normal fluctuation if it makes you happier it is still happening.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:33 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Funny no one ever mentions carbons n the air from the clear cutting of Amazon basin either where for 60 years fires have burned to just clear the land for cattle.

Once that was a big deal, and beats anything cars can do. I find it odd that the PC just pick on cars too. What are the PC going to do about home heating?

Somehow i don't see the PC stopping home heating any time soon, and they sure are not rugged enough to go with out.

MMGW is lies and bull.... but so is the PC.
My home heating comes from kinetic energy.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:34 AM

470 posts, read 438,432 times
Quote:
The change in our climate and the scientific community's widespread attribution of it to human influences are both factual
Funny they told me the same thing back in the 70's about Global Cooling.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:02 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,443 times
Odd, I can't get any links into my message. Anyway, go to RealClimate: The global cooling myth and read it. What you heard probably isn't what they actually told you.

Old 06-02-2013, 10:16 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,483 times
Quote:

Somehow i don't see the PC stopping home heating any time soon, and they sure are not rugged enough to go with out.

No, the bull is making everything about extremes: Like saying that the PC crowd wants to stop transportation, thinks that homes should not be heated, or that all human enterprise needs to stop.

Nobody is arguing such a stupid point - well almost nobody with the exception of a few brain-dead morons who cannot fathom that proposing to be conscientious about human usage of our resources is a far cry from wanting to stop any and all human activity.

PC crowd: "We should pay attention to the way we use and waste our resources in order to preserve a livable planet for future generations."

Morons: "But how are you going to heat homes? How come that's not on your agenda? You're so stupid that you haven't even thought about that, aren't you?"

Get it? Being conscientious and acknowledging that human activity has a negative impact on our environment is NOT the same as arguing that everything needs to stop. Nor is tackling one problem at a time. Saying that addressing one issue while neglecting others makes people hypocrites is just as dumb. It's like saying you shouldn't vacuum your living room unless you intend to remodel your entire house. Otherwise, why even try to make your home look nicer?

Old 06-02-2013, 01:53 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,416,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
No, the bull is making everything about extremes: Like saying that the PC crowd wants to stop transportation, thinks that homes should not be heated, or that all human enterprise needs to stop.

Nobody is arguing such a stupid point - well almost nobody with the exception of a few brain-dead morons who cannot fathom that proposing to be conscientious about human usage of our resources is a far cry from wanting to stop any and all human activity.

PC crowd: "We should pay attention to the way we use and waste our resources in order to preserve a livable planet for future generations."

Morons: "But how are you going to heat homes? How come that's not on your agenda? You're so stupid that you haven't even thought about that, aren't you?"

Get it? Being conscientious and acknowledging that human activity has a negative impact on our environment is NOT the same as arguing that everything needs to stop. Nor is tackling one problem at a time. Saying that addressing one issue while neglecting others makes people hypocrites is just as dumb. It's like saying you shouldn't vacuum your living room unless you intend to remodel your entire house. Otherwise, why even try to make your home look nicer?
No, it's like saying we should tax you to vacuum your house while your neighbor is remodeling for free.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:33 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
Funny they told me the same thing back in the 70's about Global Cooling.
No they didn't. It's a myth that the science community ever agreed upon global cooling. You are wrong. Sorry.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:34 PM

774 posts, read 2,601,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
Someone please pass the suntan lotion.

3 feet of snow in upstate NY on Memorial weekend

Northeast Frost, Freeze Concerns Tonight

Northeast Frost, Freeze Concerns Tonight

Yeah..... We're loving global warming here in Chicago too.. It snowed on the 4th of MAY....

Only one problem with that argument... I remember walking into a Cinco-De-Mayo party in the middle of a snow storm the year I turned 21. That was back in 1995... Hate to burst the chicken little's bubbes but this has all happened before and the sky is not falling...

Old 06-02-2013, 03:35 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
No, it's like saying we should tax you to vacuum your house while your neighbor is remodeling for free.
No. It really isn't.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:02 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,448,604 times
Quote:
Funny no one ever mentions carbons n the air from the clear cutting of Amazon basin either where for 60 years fires have burned to just clear the land for cattle.

Once that was a big deal, and beats anything cars can do. I find it odd that the PC just pick on cars too. What are the PC going to do about home heating?

That is the problem with the global warming fanatics. It does not matter what is put into the atmosphere. What matters is where it is put in our atmosphere. Forest fires, vehicle exhausts, coal burning power plants, etc., etc. only put their "pollution" into the Troposphere where it gets washed out of the atmosphere in a matter of weeks.

In order to effect world-wide climate, the substance has to be in the Stratosphere. This is why volcanoes and large meteorites can have a global effect on the climate, because they spew all kinds of junk into the Stratosphere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies