Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 04:18 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,480,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
The reality is data clearly shows something is happening at an unprecedented level. It doesn't matter if it is man made or cyclical in nature. The studies clearly indicating these changes cannot be ignored. Call it a normal fluctuation if it makes you happier it is still happening.
The data clearly shows that we have been enjoying another Interglacial period for the last 11,400 years. Exactly like the last 50 or so Interglacial periods before it during the current ice-age. These changes are going to continue to occur, whether we as a species exist or not.

Instead of expanding the scope and power of government and spending billions of taxpayer money trying to pretend that we do not exist (as in "reducing our carbon footprint"), we should be learning to adapt to the changing environment. Some previously arid land will become fertile, while other previously fertile land will become arid. As nature has amply demonstrated, when a species fails to adapt to the changing climate it becomes extinct.

Old 06-02-2013, 05:05 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,431,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
The data clearly shows that we have been enjoying another Interglacial period for the last 11,400 years. Exactly like the last 50 or so Interglacial periods before it during the current ice-age. These changes are going to continue to occur, whether we as a species exist or not.

Instead of expanding the scope and power of government and spending billions of taxpayer money trying to pretend that we do not exist (as in "reducing our carbon footprint"), we should be learning to adapt to the changing environment. Some previously arid land will become fertile, while other previously fertile land will become arid. As nature has amply demonstrated, when a species fails to adapt to the changing climate it becomes extinct.
That about sums it up. I find it ironic that the party of "evolution and science" fails to acknowledge such a simple point.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:47 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,774,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 124c41 View Post
Ship it down south. I'm sure they wouldn't mind.
No, I hate snow.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:23 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,991,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
What do you have to refute the evidence, may I ask?
Everything PC do is lies and BS..... Everything from cookie cutter plastic crap make up for the gals made of urea and heavy metals, to every other feel good policy that is useless.
I just can';t wait for GMO foods to finish off what ever it is you PC think is real. So far as i can tell every last one of you is insane.

Such a ashamed. I think this is because there is so much estrogen in the water.

As to GW there is some as Earth runs in cycles and we are nearing the end if a natural warming cycle.

This has nothing to do with man and would happen if man were not here. This has happened in the past and after the next full blown ICE AGE it will happen again in many thousands of years for each cycle with or with out man and probably it will be with out man.

It's one thing to raise the sea level a few feet and another to freeze the earth so much that no land or sea is visible because it all under ice 2 miles thick or more.

A far smaller mini ice age will kill off most man and that happened before too, where a great famine took place in the Northern hemisphere in the 1700's.

My last point is when Al Gore queried weather stations he conviently left out any that would screw his data like the Mt Washington Obs in NH USA.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
You wonder, only for an instance, how people (seemly educated) can convince themselves about these things. Then you start to see it. Its all a conspiracy. I have faith in my convictions. Evidence that doesn't agree with me be damned. . .evidence that furthers my interest i'll focus on.

Ars had a great article on this confusion, and how people's media choices allow them to re-confirm their own hopeful beliefs.

Fox News successfully creates climate confusion, but only among conservatives | Ars Technica

I guess if people can swallow theories as stupid as 9/11 and sandy hook truthers, and Mormonism, then having a media outlet confusing them is like sheep to the slaughter house

"The disturbing thing here is that it's not simply a different view of reality; Fox is disputing reality itself. The change in our climate and the scientific community's widespread attribution of it to human influences are both factual, yet Fox has managed to help foster doubts about these facts.

This is made even more disturbing by the fact that they didn't actually have to do this. Facts don't necessarily dictate a specific policy response, and there is plenty of ground to argue policy from a partisan perspective. But, rather than focus on the policy, the network has chosen to dispute the facts themselves.
" - from the above linked article
I can't tell if in this instance you are agreeing with me, Usually we do not.

The PC made up MMGW for no other reason than to TAX. When the PC have any problem not matter what it is, no matter how it is different from any other problem the solution is always the exact same thing more TAXES.

I hope i don't need to prove that. But if i do i will use any PC problems in the near future. What ever are the next 5 things that cause the PC to set back and worry, wring their hands, which is about all they ever do, the solution will be to create or raise taxes!

Old 06-02-2013, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
My home heating comes from kinetic energy.
Which form? geo thermal would be my first guess. While you don't create carbon the power plant does.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
No, the bull is making everything about extremes: Like saying that the PC crowd wants to stop transportation, thinks that homes should not be heated, or that all human enterprise needs to stop.

Nobody is arguing such a stupid point - well almost nobody with the exception of a few brain-dead morons who cannot fathom that proposing to be conscientious about human usage of our resources is a far cry from wanting to stop any and all human activity.

PC crowd: "We should pay attention to the way we use and waste our resources in order to preserve a livable planet for future generations."

Morons: "But how are you going to heat homes? How come that's not on your agenda? You're so stupid that you haven't even thought about that, aren't you?"

Get it? Being conscientious and acknowledging that human activity has a negative impact on our environment is NOT the same as arguing that everything needs to stop. Nor is tackling one problem at a time. Saying that addressing one issue while neglecting others makes people hypocrites is just as dumb. It's like saying you shouldn't vacuum your living room unless you intend to remodel your entire house. Otherwise, why even try to make your home look nicer?
Well that's how they come across to me. They come across as city dwellers than have no need of snow plows and trucks because someone else does that for them. They have less use of cars because they have metro means not found in rural areas. They think they know about the rural areas and logging but have not clue nor will they that select cutting is better for a forest than no cutting at all. They think electricity is clean and it just isn't. The dirt is just some place else in a pristine remote location, which makes them really appear foolish to me.

And hey I can live with out any heat at all... and i live in the northern half oh NH. But just because i can doesn't mean I will.

I have paleo skill sets and can live that way or any way I please from then to date as I wish.

If i wanted to I could run water thru a vacuum drawn from a pump which heats water very quickly to heat a house.
Currently I am build 3 vac ovens that use water under pump vacuum passing thru a venturii to heat the oven chamber to around 110.117 degrees F which will lower the boiling point of water in the oven, in a container of about 50 gallons cap which in real use will be coconut water, which will go away and leave coconut oil only.

These are 2 types of water. One used to create vacuum in the chamber, just plain water that will have to be passed thru a chiller after it has passed the venturii and is recirculated over and over AND what coconut water which is getting boiled off at 110/117 degrees F leaving just oil in the container.

Set up another way still using this principal and electricity to run the pump motor it is possible to heat a house or anything..

There is still a carbon footprint where ever the power is made.. That's even for hydro and they also make methane too by flooding remote valleys.

Krill and plankton make methane and are making the next round of oil. So these MMGWarmist have a real serious problem ahead.

Now it just so happens i grew up in a placed called Eagle Hill a part of Ipswich Mass. There is a little almost driveway like road there to service the homes on that hill.

In any decent storm if it's also high tide that road goes under salt water. It did as far back as i can remember and it still does today, but if the sea level had risen like the PC warmists say, that road would be under no less than 4 feet of salt water at low tide now, with no storm at all.

It isn't I was there last in 2010 for more than 48 hours which in 4 high tides and 4 low tides so I would know.

These PC are just BSer's and that is all there is to it. Quite insane.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
No they didn't. It's a myth that the science community ever agreed upon global cooling. You are wrong. Sorry.
Oh but they did, and i was there were you?

Old 06-02-2013, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
That is the problem with the global warming fanatics. It does not matter what is put into the atmosphere. What matters is where it is put in our atmosphere. Forest fires, vehicle exhausts, coal burning power plants, etc., etc. only put their "pollution" into the Troposphere where it gets washed out of the atmosphere in a matter of weeks.

In order to effect world-wide climate, the substance has to be in the Stratosphere. This is why volcanoes and large meteorites can have a global effect on the climate, because they spew all kinds of junk into the Stratosphere.
I can buy that!...... I am no longer 'up' on the burning in SA...... would you be? Are they done is any thing left? Or did they quit? SA clear cutting practices were very primitive at best as i recall..

I am so sure the PC would defend their rights to clear cut all of SA at will and send metric tons of carbon sky high even if it added to the carbon foot print because the PC are insane!

You are lucky to live up there.. You don't have to witness the shear madness down here. Why can't the sugar maple just grow there? Hell maybe with all the arming they WILL!

Old 06-02-2013, 10:11 PM

32,131 posts, read 15,120,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
Someone please pass the suntan lotion.

3 feet of snow in upstate NY on Memorial weekend

Northeast Frost, Freeze Concerns Tonight

Northeast Frost, Freeze Concerns Tonight
And some of us are enduring massive heat when we shouldn't be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies