Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2013, 07:45 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times

Advertisements

If Obama could take credit for killing osama, then by rights, must take responsibility for the IRS turned Democratic assault weapon.

Amazing that anyone would even ask if Obama bears blame for his outlaw agencies that act out Chicago style politics at a banana republic dictator level !!!!!!

Obama's message is clear....if you oppose his policies you will be punished by the feds..quite a departure from American standards and well into a crimninal act.

If the same starndard was used to judge Obama's responsibility in the IRS, Benghazi and AP scandals as was used to award him a nobel peace prize, he'd be behind bars.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 07:53 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Still trying to excuse the Administration by pointing fingers elsewhere I see.
Your point is moot, what anyone else did regardless of it was today or last century does not excuse another.
If you would first read, second understand, and third comphrend you would understand that I was not defending any of his actions, but merely pointing out that an event that happened 10 years ago will have affects that will be felt for decades by some people.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:54 PM

27,134 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
But the IRS does not fall under the AG. Who is to say that because of the ruling regarding contributions to political groups that they (factions inside of the IRS) might be a little over zealous?

Uhh, one sided overzealous.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
He was elected to RUN the government--not to go on vacation, go to golfing, not to have expensive campaign fund-raising dinners.

If he couldn't do the job, he should have resigned immediately.

It's not too late now that it's obvious.
Don't rhink it's "can't" though, more apparently won't.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:05 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
If something horribly wrong happens in any given company, the CEO is blamed. It doesn't matter what the CEO knew, he is ultimately held accountable for how the company is being run. He should have known what was going on and a CEO's ignorance doesn't save him from getting fired. In fact, if the CEO is utterly clueless about a massive scandal in the company he's supposed to be running, the board will fire him even faster. Who wants a CEO that doesn't have a clue what is going on?

Obama is the CEO here. Either he knew or he should have known. Ignorance is no excuse.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:06 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times
Quote:
Uhh, one sided overzealous.

I thought that some employees may have taken it upon themselves and supervisors either were not aware or turned their heads on the fact that they personally did not like the Teaparty.

The way that I look at it, so many conservatives have tried to attack him on stupid stuff that he was not responsible for so when something they could nail him on no one really takes them seriously. Pretty much like them calling "wolf" one time too many.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:12 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
Quote:
I thought that some employees may have taken it upon themselves and supervisors either were not aware or turned their heads on the fact that they personally did not like the Teaparty.

The way that I look at it, so many conservatives have tried to attack him on stupid stuff that he was not responsible for so when something they could nail him on no one really takes them seriously. Pretty much like them calling "wolf" one time too many.
You're speaking of those on the left, of course.

Finally, though, some in the liberal media (more than just a few) are beginning to take it seriously.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:19 PM

Quote:
I think that is what really irks the hell outta me is that the same things that has been going on for years are blown out of portion since obama has been president. Nothing changes in the political ivory tower but the faces

So you're OK with what the IRS did then to certain groups in particular while favoring others.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:20 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Quote:
I think that is what really irks the hell outta me is that the same things that has been going on for years are blown out of portion since obama has been
president. Nothing changes in the political ivory tower but the faces
Quote:
So you're OK with what the IRS did then to certain groups in particular while favoring others.
I don't see that in what you quoted. I agree everything has been exaggerated with Obama. It sort of started with Bush but then went crazy. If he is CEO and the buck stops with him there is NOTHING we can't blame on him. NOTHING. Which sort of takes the wind out of the sails of anything he is directly responsible for doesn't it? It might have started out fun, this "blame the POTUS for everything" ...thing. But like everything we do, we overdo until it's meaningless.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:29 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,692,498 times
I think at the very least he has done a lot of mismanaging and has been incredibly neglectful. All that time he spent at parties, on vacations, golfing trips and non-stop campaigning could have been spent on doing his job.

However, he has managed to keep a distance from any "mess" that might rise to the surface, whether he knew about it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies