Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 04:12 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,154,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
Governments around the world are responsible for 265 million deaths in the past hundred years.

How many people did the Catholic Church in the last century?

Yet, lefties always talk about how awful religion is while calling for more government.

You're just upset because the victims in this case are white. Blowing up a brown kid in Pakistan or a black woman killing her child doesn't bother you lefties a bit.
You'll get no bigger condemnations of state-sponsored murder than I. Right now, we're talking about another corrupt entity that has victimized thousands of children via child rape. I understand, and I think everyone else understands, why you are trying to deflect on to other things right now. For once, just once, would you call on an entity that you support to take account and responsibility for what is has done that is harmful, or is that that just for the entities that you don't support?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 04:20 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
You'll get no bigger condemnations of state-sponsored murder than I. Right now, we're talking about another corrupt entity that has victimized thousands of children via child rape. I understand, and I think everyone else understands, why you are trying to deflect on to other things right now. For once, just once, would you call on an entity that you support to take account and responsibility for what is has done that is harmful, or is that that just for the entities that you don't support?
I'm not Catholic and I don't support their church. I don't have anything against the Catholics either. I have no responsibilty to take responsibilty for what they have done. Nor do I defend it. People that did it should be put in jail.

I was just pointing out the false outrage by the liberals. It's like they wanted to exceute the Enron people but get mad for some waterboarding of Al Queada members. Steal some money and we want to kill you. Kill 3,000 people and we have to respect their rights. lols.

And the point of the thread is not to discuss what happened. It is to bash the Catholic Church and religion in general. There was already a post saying the Pope should be in jail. What did he have to do with it?

Liberals take any chance they can to bash and marginalize Catholics. Except right before election time. It's kinda the same way the treat blacks and women.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Yup..lots of deflection in this thread.

Ratzinger should be behind bars.
Before becoming Pope he's the one who did investigations into the sexual abuse by priests which he clarified in 2001 regarding the secrecy of internal Church investigations. Many view that letter as promoting the coverup for years.
And he also invoked Diplomatic Immunity against some accusations here in the US.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:37 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,919,186 times
Meanwhile, in Scotland ....

Police investigate allegations of sex abuse at Catholic boarding school
Former pupil claims monks at closed boys' school Fort Augustus Abbey committed 'systematic, brutal, awful torture'

"Lavery also accuses Monk A, now a cleric in England, of physically beating and sexually assaulting him. He will tell police that when he broke his leg Monk A took advantage of his vulnerability and tried to grab his testicles. "I told him to leave me when I went to the toilet, but he was standing over me. He said, 'No, you need a hand.' I heard all his heavy breathing behind me. It was the wrong sort of breathing to hear in your life. He was fumbling and I was screaming at him to get off."

Police investigate allegations of sex abuse at Catholic boarding school | UK news | The Observer

And then there is financial scandal .....

"In an old stone tower behind the papal apartment is the Vatican Bank. The church's various departments, its priests and employees keep accounts here. These are secret accounts, hidden from the prying eyes of international regulators. An Italian court investigating the bank found documents showing some accounts had been used for money-laundering and other illegal -- and for the church, highly embarrassing -- activities."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_1...ent-of-reform/

This is not an attack on religion, on christianity or on the intimate beliefs of individuals. It is an attack on that cesspit of corruption and criminality that is the Roman Catholic Church.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:39 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,176,768 times
I can only feel as a Catholic we have a church that is too corrupted by the huge sums of money it takes in each year. The people "running the show" don't allow anything to come between them and the money and allow this type of behavior for decades.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:58 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
From where do you get this data?

Freund, K. & Watson, R.J. (1992).

Old 05-27-2013, 05:17 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Obviously, if the powers that protect them persist, these folks will not be put in prison. I have no idea how any rational person could discuss that particular issue you raised without addressing the question of who has and continues to protect them from prosecution and, thus, prison time.

Discuss it all you want. If you discussed that as opposed to me you might get somewhere.

Old 05-27-2013, 05:31 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,110,449 times
Quote:
Cardinal George Pell Admits Abuse Cover-Up To Protect Australian Catholic Church

Again, if it were any other type of organization, this rotten-to-the-bone organization would have been shut down by authorities across the globe years ago.

Now, I'm certain that you Catholics out there will save some of your moral outrage for this issue and picket outside diocesan offices and the Vatican, right? Yes, of course you will. Why, they deserve almost as much scorn and moral outrage as a poor woman walking into an abortion clinic. Well, almost as much.

Wait, is the raping of children specifically forbidden in the Good Book? I guess not. Certainly not the enabling of it.
He is just confirming what we all already knew.
This is exactly why he was so worried about the Royal Commission
The church is going to be exposed badly
Good.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:18 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,395 times
Huge organization that take huge swaths of money with virtually unchecked power and accountability: good if its for god

Huge government that takes huge swaths of money with vietually unchecked power and accountability: worst thing ever.

Now try to tell me the former does more good for the world than the latter.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:20 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,837,755 times
Quote:
Wait, is the raping of children specifically forbidden in the Good Book? I guess not. Certainly not the enabling of it.
No, you can rape a 12 yr old girl as long as u give the father money.

Not sure if raping boys can be allowed but perhaps if you are ordained by God it is ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies