U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are marijuana users criminals in your opinion?
Yes 61 26.07%
No 166 70.94%
Undecided 7 2.99%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 10:19 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,804,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Quite obviously he was still under the marijuana phsychosis since he ate the other guys face. We DO KNOW what he had in his system because of the toxicology report. It was pot, only pot, and nothing but pot.

A friend of mine once smoked some pot, and ended up wandering around the streets of Miami in his underwear. He had no idea why he had left the hotel in his underwear. Later he said it was an exremely scary experience.
Quote:
There have been a number of studies that have explored the link between marijuana use and mental health symptoms. Strong associations are often found but this is not the same as a causal link (i.e. one causes the other).
Marijuana: Factsheets: Mental Health and Marijuana

I know several people with schizophrenia. None of them have EVER smoked pot. In contrast, I know dozens of pot heads. None of them have ever had a psychotic episode. The link to mental illness and pot is still up for debate. No one has any solid proof that pot causes mental health issues, other than mild depression and anxiety from withdrawals after long term use (which is still much less severe than with alcohol withdrawals). Saying otherwise is delusional!

Now come back and argue that actual neuro-toxic drugs like alcohol, meth and bath salts cause mental illness, and I will take you seriously. The face-eating dude didn't need bath salts in his system to be damaged for life from using them one time. Bath salts can be out of your system in 1-5 days, but they can permanently change the structure of your brain after one use.

Last edited by soanchorless; 05-29-2013 at 10:30 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 10:20 AM

6,331 posts, read 4,846,231 times
Quote:
No, unlike marijuana, table salt does not have such side effects.
Can you cite studies that indicate that marijuana causes cannibalism

Old 05-29-2013, 10:21 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,189,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post

I know several people with schizophrenia. None of them have EVER smoked pot. In contrast, I know dozens of pot heads. None of them have ever had a psychotic episode. The link to mental illness and pot is still up for debate. No one has any solid proof that pot causes mental health issues. Saying so is delusional!
Pot is the best diagnostic tool for determining psychosis there is!

Old 05-29-2013, 10:22 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,064,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post

I know several people with schizophrenia. None of them have EVER smoked pot. In contrast, I know dozens of pot heads. None of them has ever had a psychotic episode. The link to mental illness and pot is still up for debate. No one has any solid proof that pot causes mental health issues. Saying so is delusional!

And given that it is still illegal under Federal Law and considered a Schedule I narcotic, research is obviously limited. Which makes it even more so that the powers that be are threatened by legalizing it, because with all of it's benefits they have something to hide! Nah, let's just keep people hopped up on big pharma's crap!

Old 05-29-2013, 10:22 AM

73,522 posts, read 40,836,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Yes Finn, I've heard the story, and to me it sounds like the stuff was laced. The only other thing I can think of is if he took one too many hits! Back when I was a teen, I had some stuff down in Florida that put me in outer space! It was admittedly quite scary. But I honestly think I was paranoid, because I didn't want my parents to know that I was stoned, so I couldn't enjoy it. Yes, one of the potential side effects is indeed paranoia, however; if you know what you're looking for, the simple solution is, sit back, crank up some Floyd, and it subsides. It sounds though like your friend as I said had the stuff laced, or wasn't an experienced user, and over did it so to speak.
He smoked for the "old times sakes", and maybe he did not realize today's pot is not the same as the 1980s stuff. Either way, this kind of thing could happen to anyone when pot appears of the shelves of the local Publix or Groger. They buy some, smoke it, and fall into deep phsychosis and do something they would never do sober.

Did I mention marijuana is also known to trigger hear attacks, and sever arrythmia?

Old 05-29-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Finn really just needs to learn when to walk away from a conversation. He, himself, seems to be under a current state of psychosis.
When you have people on the left, right, and middle attacking your message, then the game is over.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:25 AM

73,522 posts, read 40,836,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Can you cite studies that indicate that marijuana causes cannibalism
It causes mental phsychosis, and in that state of mind, people can do horrible things including murder and suicide, and yes, even cannibalizing other people alive.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:26 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,730,821 times
Quote:
It causes mental phsychosis, and in that state of mind, people can do horrible things including murder and suicide, and yes, even cannibalizing other people alive.
Now you're just trolling, and I feel stupid.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
cite some studies to back up your claim and misspellings.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:27 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,189,933 times
Quote:
It doesn't cause, it reveals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies