U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are marijuana users criminals in your opinion?
Yes 61 26.07%
No 166 70.94%
Undecided 7 2.99%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 11:34 AM

6,331 posts, read 4,846,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
A racing heart is a very common side effect of pot, where most users have experienced it. That, combined with the other typical side effect, paranoia, causes users to call the ambulance to take them to the hospital because of fear of dying.
So is asking a hot girl out on a date, should we ban that too?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 11:38 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,064,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Lol. The first couple times I tried pot, yeah, those symptoms were present. However, I am still here today to talk about - who would've thunk it?

So call the whaambulance, buddy.

Me too. It's called being inexperienced, and smoking too much at one time! However; those side effects really are short lived. Again, lie down, put on some Floyd, and chill. At any rate, I always pace myself, because I really don't feel like being so baked that I can't get up off of the couch! Just a nice hum.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:41 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,064,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I need to re-watch Reefer Madness to see if they included that little tidbit.

"Parents of America! Is your youngest child missing? Is his older brother acting oddly? Is he telling you he's not hungry? If so, we urge you to check his room for marijuana. And for pieces of bone. What you don't know is that the killer drug called marijuana is causing rampant cannibalism among America's youth. We must stop this scourge before it's too late.

"Today your youngest. Tomorrow...... you.

"You have been warned."

Tomorrow's episode. "Why marijuana will turn your remaining children into commies."

That's too funny! What is even funnier is the neo-con types (not talking about Libertarians) who actually would buy your last statement about cannabis making you a commie.

Thanks for the chuckle!

Old 05-29-2013, 11:41 AM

28,495 posts, read 16,396,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
A racing heart is a very common side effect of pot, where most users have experienced it. That, combined with the other typical side effect, paranoia, causes users to call the ambulance to take them to the hospital because of fear of dying.
uhm false

A media blitz of 'yellow journalism' raged in the late 1920s and 1930s. Hearst's newspapers ran stories emphasizing the horrors of marihuana. The menace of marihuana made headlines. Readers learned that it was responsible for everything from car accidents to loose morality.

Films like 'Reefer Madness' (1936), 'Marihuana: Assassin of Youth' (1935) and 'Marihuana: The Devil's Weed' (1936) were propaganda designed by these industrialists to create an enemy. Their purpose was to gain public support so that anti-marihuana laws could be passed.

Examine the following quotes from 'The Burning Question' aka REEFER MADNESS:

a violent narcotic.

acts of shocking violence.

incurable insanity.

soul-destroying effects.

under the influence of the drug he killed his entire family with an ax.

more vicious, more deadly even than these soul-destroying drugs (heroin, cocaine) is the menace of marihuana!

Reefer Madness did not end with the usual 'the end.' The film concluded with these words plastered on the screen: TELL YOUR CHILDREN.

In the 1930s, people were very naive; even to the point of ignorance. The masses were like sheep waiting to be led by the few in power. They did not challenge authority. If the news was in print or on the radio, they believed it had to be true. They told their children and their children grew up to be the parents of the baby-boomers.

Congress banned hemp because it was said to be the most violence-causing drug known. Anslinger, head of the Drug Commission for 31 years, promoted the idea that marihuana made users act extremely violent. In the 1950s, under the Communist threat of McCarthyism, Anslinger now said the exact opposite. Marijuana will pacify you so much that soldiers would not want to fight.

There is only one enemy; the friendly people you pay your taxes to; the war-makers and nature destroyers. With your funding, they are killing the world right in front of your eyes. HALF A MILLION DEATHS EACH YEAR ARE CAUSED BY TOBACCO. HALF A MILLION DEATHS EACH YEAR ARE CAUSED BY ALCOHOL. NO ONE HAS EVER, EVER DIED FROM SMOKING POT!! In the entire history of the human race, not one death can be attributed to cannabis. Our society has outlawed grass but condones the use of the KILLERS: TOBACCO and ALCOHOL. Hemp should be declassified and placed in DRUG stores to relieve stress. Hardening and constriction of the arteries are bad; but hemp usage actually enlarges the arteries...which is a healthy condition. We have been so conditioned to think that: Smoking is harmful. That is NOT the case for passive pot.

Ingesting THC, hemp's active agent, has a positive effect; relieving asthma and glaucoma. A joint tends to alleviate the nausea caused by chemotherapy. You are able to eat on hemp. This is a healthy state of being.

They invented the monster of MARIJUANA. (‘If we do not have an enemy, they will create one’). They had to change the word since the world would never have been turned against HEMP. For thousands of years going back to the wisdom of the Egyptians, hemp was employed for the betterment of the human race. Enter ‘marihuana’ in the 1930s; just when farm machinery improved that would have made hemp the first ‘billion dollar crop!’

Well, there are no toxins in hemp. I would love to tell Judge Judy, who is always yelling for someone to take a hair follicle test, the reason why THC stays in your system for so long. (And it’s ‘hemp’ not ‘marijuana’). If it were a toxin, a poison or some foreign substance, the body would immediate reject it and expel it. The body does NOT. It knows THC, the active ingredient of hemp, is GOOD. As mentioned before, there are essential fatty acids in hemp seeds. There are other sources in nature for these essential acids, but eating hemp seeds is a great source of (important) proteins. Our own bodies tell us the truth.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
That's too funny! What is even funnier is the neo-con types (not talking about Libertarians) who actually would buy your last statement about cannabis making you a commie.

Thanks for the chuckle!
it was the liberals that outlawed cannabis

Old 05-29-2013, 11:47 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,730,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Me too. It's called being inexperienced, and smoking too much at one time! However; those side effects really are short lived. Again, lie down, put on some Floyd, and chill. At any rate, I always pace myself, because I really don't feel like being so baked that I can't get up off of the couch! Just a nice hum.
The worst side effect for me, is the munchies. I could literally order value meals 1-8 on the Mcdonalds menu, and if I don't eat it all, I will sure put a dent in it (and I'm in decent shape, no professional eater).

That, or I will sit on the couch contemplating on whether or not to do something. Either grab a drink, get the mail, or even just send a text message. I will contemplate, contemplate, and contemplate some more, then before I realize, an hour has gone by. LOL!

So, needless to say, I really haven't done it in a long while, because I am not in the "productive" group when I use. (although, it is definitely in my retirement plan)

All that being said, even with my worst experience smoking pot, it was less dangerous and healthier than a good drinking day.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:48 AM

6,331 posts, read 4,846,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
proof, what liberals

Old 05-29-2013, 11:50 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,730,821 times
Quote:
Well, that really is a non-factor, as liberalism and conservatism, over the years, has gone back and forth on issues. Heck, liberalism used to be associated with republicans, and conservatism used to be associated with democrats.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:50 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,189,933 times
Quote:
uhm false

A media blitz of 'yellow journalism' raged in the late 1920s and 1930s. Hearst's newspapers ran stories emphasizing the horrors of marihuana. The menace of marihuana made headlines. Readers learned that it was responsible for everything from car accidents to loose morality.

Films like 'Reefer Madness' (1936), 'Marihuana: Assassin of Youth' (1935) and 'Marihuana: The Devil's Weed' (1936) were propaganda designed by these industrialists to create an enemy. Their purpose was to gain public support so that anti-marihuana laws could be passed.

Examine the following quotes from 'The Burning Question' aka REEFER MADNESS:

a violent narcotic.

acts of shocking violence.

incurable insanity.

soul-destroying effects.

under the influence of the drug he killed his entire family with an ax.

more vicious, more deadly even than these soul-destroying drugs (heroin, cocaine) is the menace of marihuana!

Reefer Madness did not end with the usual 'the end.' The film concluded with these words plastered on the screen: TELL YOUR CHILDREN.

In the 1930s, people were very naive; even to the point of ignorance. The masses were like sheep waiting to be led by the few in power. They did not challenge authority. If the news was in print or on the radio, they believed it had to be true. They told their children and their children grew up to be the parents of the baby-boomers.

Congress banned hemp because it was said to be the most violence-causing drug known. Anslinger, head of the Drug Commission for 31 years, promoted the idea that marihuana made users act extremely violent. In the 1950s, under the Communist threat of McCarthyism, Anslinger now said the exact opposite. Marijuana will pacify you so much that soldiers would not want to fight.

There is only one enemy; the friendly people you pay your taxes to; the war-makers and nature destroyers. With your funding, they are killing the world right in front of your eyes. HALF A MILLION DEATHS EACH YEAR ARE CAUSED BY TOBACCO. HALF A MILLION DEATHS EACH YEAR ARE CAUSED BY ALCOHOL. NO ONE HAS EVER, EVER DIED FROM SMOKING POT!! In the entire history of the human race, not one death can be attributed to cannabis. Our society has outlawed grass but condones the use of the KILLERS: TOBACCO and ALCOHOL. Hemp should be declassified and placed in DRUG stores to relieve stress. Hardening and constriction of the arteries are bad; but hemp usage actually enlarges the arteries...which is a healthy condition. We have been so conditioned to think that: Smoking is harmful. That is NOT the case for passive pot.

Ingesting THC, hemp's active agent, has a positive effect; relieving asthma and glaucoma. A joint tends to alleviate the nausea caused by chemotherapy. You are able to eat on hemp. This is a healthy state of being.

They invented the monster of MARIJUANA. (‘If we do not have an enemy, they will create one’). They had to change the word since the world would never have been turned against HEMP. For thousands of years going back to the wisdom of the Egyptians, hemp was employed for the betterment of the human race. Enter ‘marihuana’ in the 1930s; just when farm machinery improved that would have made hemp the first ‘billion dollar crop!’

Well, there are no toxins in hemp. I would love to tell Judge Judy, who is always yelling for someone to take a hair follicle test, the reason why THC stays in your system for so long. (And it’s ‘hemp’ not ‘marijuana’). If it were a toxin, a poison or some foreign substance, the body would immediate reject it and expel it. The body does NOT. It knows THC, the active ingredient of hemp, is GOOD. As mentioned before, there are essential fatty acids in hemp seeds. There are other sources in nature for these essential acids, but eating hemp seeds is a great source of (important) proteins. Our own bodies tell us the truth.
A few tokes of good pot and half a gallon of yogurt.

Mood-Altering Yogurt? | Zen-Haven - Love Hope Courage

Old 05-29-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
proof, what liberals
the democrat controlled congress and the democrat potus of 1937

you cant refute that fact of history
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies