U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are marijuana users criminals in your opinion?
Yes 61 26.07%
No 166 70.94%
Undecided 7 2.99%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 02:29 PM

29,042 posts, read 47,500,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He smoked for the "old times sakes", and maybe he did not realize today's pot is not the same as the 1980s stuff. Either way, this kind of thing could happen to anyone when pot appears of the shelves of the local Publix or Groger. They buy some, smoke it, and fall into deep phsychosis and do something they would never do sober.

Did I mention marijuana is also known to trigger hear attacks, and sever arrythmia?
Are you sure you're not smoking something (better than pot)? And you think us smokers have problems with brain function, LOL.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
When you have people on the left, right, and middle attacking your message, then the game is over.
I know, right?? And she sounds more like a nanny-state Democrat than a conservative, so I think that's what I'll call her from now on... I mean, I'm fairly liberal (libertarian type) myself, and she makes me look like a small government republican.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:37 PM

2,136 posts, read 2,768,274 times
That weed must have been laced.

Next, did you know that excessive alcohol consumption can cause the same thing?

Alcohol and Heart Disease

Quote:
Drinking too much alcohol can raise the levels of some fats in the blood (triglycerides). It can also lead to high blood pressure, heart failure and an increased calorie intake. (Consuming too many calories can lead to obesity and a higher risk of developing diabetes.) Excessive drinking and binge drinking can lead to stroke. Other serious problems include fetal alcohol syndrome, cardiomyopathy, cardiac arrhythmia and sudden cardiac death.
I think I can skip the cigarette lecture because we ALL know the effects of smoking cigarettes on the lungs and heart.

Which has not been proven to be the case in pot smokers.

Yet, cigarettes and alcohol are legal and weed is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
He smoked for the "old times sakes", and maybe he did not realize today's pot is not the same as the 1980s stuff. Either way, this kind of thing could happen to anyone when pot appears of the shelves of the local Publix or Groger. They buy some, smoke it, and fall into deep phsychosis and do something they would never do sober.

Did I mention marijuana is also known to trigger hear attacks, and sever arrythmia?

Old 05-29-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97701 View Post
The other side is, marijuana is also a cheaper and sometimes more effective alternative compared to pharmaceuticals.
Yup. Works for my condition better than the pharmaceuticals they tried, and without the harmful side effects. You want to know about racing hearts, dizziness, and potential psychosis? Try that Vioxx crap they gave me, before I wised up and switched to medical MJ - oh wait, you can't try Vioxx because they pulled it after it started KILLING healthy young people. When was the last time somebody died directly from taking marijuana? Never, you say??

Old 05-29-2013, 02:40 PM

15,896 posts, read 10,834,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
There's no test for bath salts, genius.
LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
LOL, it's weed, not meth or crack. Pot is harmless. How many of us drank while underage, raise your hands! How many of us have parked illegally or gotten parking tickets, raise your hands? How many of us have driven over the speed limit? Driven through a red light? Rolled through a stop sign? Maybe stolen something small at a store at one time? Please. You're making it seem like everyone on here are criminals when I see so many people who seem to be the purest of the pure. No one is that pure.

And Finn, there is no way pot will cause someone to cannibalize another. I don't care what you've seen/heard/believe. I always get this staunch "I know all about that evil evil drug pot" from the people who don't smoke it yet claim to be the experts. Amazing.
I don't know, sometimes I get the munchies so bad I can eat my own hand! J/K

Quote:
I'm not doing anything illegal by state or local laws, which is what they follow here - so I dare you to bother the cops over it! Once they stopped laughing in your face, they would warn you to stop wasting their time & money.

You probably break more serious laws than I do on a regular basis, and probably engage in more harmful substances too.
Technically it is in my state, though possession of up to 100 grams (approximately 4 ozs) is pretty much equivalent to a slap on the wrist. Distribution or sale of ANY amount is a felony. Which is why, I only consume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Why do people say stupid stuff about people going off the deep end due to mj use? That is such crap. Unless the person has psych issues or is already using a bunch of other drugs or combining weed and alcohol that is impossible.

Alcohol causes far greater harm than MJ.

Drunks will vomit, pi$$ on themselves, and pass out in any corner with enough alcohol in them. Alcoholics can die from ETOH withdrawal and DTs. Aside from Benzodiazepines what other drug has the potential to kill you if you stop using it? At least Benzos are Rx...any idiot over 21 can buy alcohol. Even opiate withdrawal won't kill you (just make you a miserable so and so).

I have taken care of hundreds of patients due to alcohol related problems...I have taken care of zero related to marijuana.
As a former DJ, trust me I know. Drunks can be rather obnoxious. Violent too.

Quote:
Nope. There is no law against talking about marijuana, looking at photos of marijuana, or even having it present in your system (unless we're talking about pre-employment or probationary drug testing). If you walked into a police station and declared "I smoked pot yesterday," they would probably reply with a confused shrug.

And considering under 1oz of marijuana isn't even a crime in California anymore, if you walked in WITH a bag of pot in your hand, the worst you'd get is an infraction.
It seems that in some places the cops are even starting to get sick of enforcing stupid laws against cannabis. I really hope my state gets in on the act! We 2 proposals going to try and get medical weed and legalized recreational weed on the ballot, but I'm not sure if it will make it this year. At least 70% of the people in my state do favor legal medical weed. Unfortunately a slight majority like 56% oppose legalizing for recreational purposes. My question is.... why? Let's just do like Colorado and Washington did, and do it!!!! It's going to happen eventually! So why not let it be now?

Old 05-29-2013, 02:52 PM

13,256 posts, read 11,073,166 times
Quote:
Yup. Works for my condition better than the pharmaceuticals they tried, and without the harmful side effects. You want to know about racing hearts, dizziness, and potential psychosis? Try that Vioxx crap they gave me, before I wised up and switched to medical MJ - oh wait, you can't try Vioxx because they pulled it after it started KILLING healthy young people. When was the last time somebody died directly from taking marijuana? Never, you say??
It's blatant disrespect for common sense. Wonder how much lobbyist have invested into keeping it from being legalized.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:56 PM

2,136 posts, read 2,768,274 times
I've seen people pop two tylenol for aches and pains, a benzo for their anxiety, and Ambien to help them sleep. A joint would have done the same thing for them in most cases without the side effects.

Tylenol has side effects and the maximum dosage is now recommended to be no more than 3000mg. This means that for the average user who takes 650mg at a time no more than 4 times a day. I can't tell you the amount of people who are ignorant of this and exceed the daily dosing...messing up their livers in the process.

Vioxx and Ambien have black box warning...Ambien in particular is really bad for the elderly. Yet it's O.k to let them use that instead of pot.

Quote:

Old 05-29-2013, 02:59 PM

4,838 posts, read 3,810,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post

I don't know, sometimes I get the munchies so bad I can eat my own hand! J/K

I don't really get the munchies anymore. Maybe I'm so used to smoking it now. Maybe it's because I drink wine at the same time, lol. I know I know, waste of pot is what my friend says. But yeah, I don't really get the munchies. I do however feel the need to clean & pick at everything. OCD can really kick in while on the pot.

Old 05-29-2013, 03:00 PM

73,524 posts, read 39,655,545 times
Quote:
Are you sure you're not smoking something (better than pot)? And you think us smokers have problems with brain function, LOL.
Ah, the good old "you made a typo" line. It is such a persuasive argument Unfortunately it is the best many can come up with

Old 05-29-2013, 03:02 PM

15,896 posts, read 10,834,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I don't really get the munchies anymore. Maybe I'm so used to smoking it now. Maybe it's because I drink wine at the same time, lol. I know I know, waste of pot is what my friend says. But yeah, I don't really get the munchies. I do however feel the need to clean & pick at everything. OCD can really kick in while on the pot.

It really depends for me, and if I'm drinking beer. And yes I've had that "working high" before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies