U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Are marijuana users criminals in your opinion?
Yes 61 26.07%
No 166 70.94%
Undecided 7 2.99%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-29-2013, 03:36 PM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
29,042 posts, read 47,523,546 times
Reputation: 20606

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97701 View Post
It's a personal opinion that there are almost an infinite number of chemical substances that can trigger unusual behavior? Come on, you lack any logic.
I've known that since the last time I argued this topic with Finn, and not sure why I'm trying to argue with her again... it's futile, trust me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-29-2013, 03:36 PM
 
Location: Florida
73,524 posts, read 39,690,944 times
Reputation: 13595
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97701 View Post
It's a personal opinion that there are almost an infinite number of chemical substances that can trigger unusual behavior? Come on, you lack any logic.
And they found one such substance, and it was identified as "mari-chu-huana". The guy was in full blown pot psychosis, and attacked a person. Get used to it.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2013, 03:42 PM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
29,042 posts, read 47,523,546 times
Reputation: 20606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And they found one such substance, and it was identified as "mari-chu-huana". The guy was in full blown pot psychosis, and attacked a person. Get used to it.
If I smoked crack right now, and you tested me in a couple of days, all you'd find is marijuana. You're so lacking in logic, I think YOU are causing me to go psychotic. Forget pot, just read a few of Finn's posts on the subject - you'll want to eat a face in no time flat!! LOL

Even if he did only smoke pot, there is NO EVIDENCE that this is a common side-effect of marijuana. If it were, why is this such an extreme and isolated case? Shouldn't like 60-80% of Americans have a face-eating fetish, considering that's around how many have tried pot? Heck, I smoke on a regular basis, and haven't yet eaten anyone's face or gone full psycho. So until you can give me some actual evidence, instead of your ignorant half-knowledge of how drug testing & retention works, I'm officially considering you a lost cause.

Thankfully the law is on my side, and all your whining won't change the fact that no cop in the Bay Area can or would arrest me for smoking the Mary Jane. Ahhhhh, I think I'll smoke a fat one in your honor tonight.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2013, 03:53 PM
 
Location: Florida
73,524 posts, read 39,690,944 times
Reputation: 13595
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
If I smoked crack right now, and you tested me in a couple of days, all you'd find is marijuana. You're so lacking in logic, I think YOU are causing me to go psychotic. Forget pot, just read a few of Finn's posts on the subject - you'll want to eat a face in no time flat!! LOL
It is you who is lacking logic. If you died while under the influence of crack, they would certainly find crack in your system AND they would also find the pot you smoked last week.

The guy died under the influence, and they only found pot. THINK!!! Dead bodies do not burn off other drugs.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2013, 03:54 PM
 
Location: Bronx, New York
2,136 posts, read 2,770,239 times
Reputation: 3199
There is no toxicology test for bath salts...hasn't been created yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is you who is lacking logic. If you died while under the influence of crack, they would certainly find crack in your system AND they would also find the pot you smoked last week.

The guy died under the influence, and they only found pot. THINK!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2013, 03:58 PM
 
Location: Bay Area, CA
29,042 posts, read 47,523,546 times
Reputation: 20606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
There is no toxicology test for bath salts...hasn't been created yet.
This. I and a few others have already mentioned this little fact, but I guess Finn has selective reading skills.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2013, 03:59 PM
 
Location: Florida
73,524 posts, read 39,690,944 times
Reputation: 13595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
There is no toxicology test for bath salts...hasn't been created yet.
Oh, yes there is. I am glad you guys are reading, because you might actually learn something here:

Ameritox provides quantitative bath salt testing results for eight of the most common synthetic cathinone compounds:
  • MDPV* a psychoactive drug with stimulant properties
  • Mephedrone* is a synthetic stimulant drug of the amphetamine and cathinone class
  • Methylone* is a stimulant of the phenethylamine, amphetamine, and cathinone classes
  • Naphyrone is a drug derived from pyrovalerone that acts as a triple reuptake inhibitor, producing stimulant effects
  • Methedrone a stimulant and entactogen drug of the phenethylamine, amphetamine, and cathinone chemical classes
  • Butylone stimulant of the phenethylamine chemical class
  • Methcathinone is a psychoactive stimulant
  • Ethylone is an entactogen, stimulant, and psychedelic of the phenethylamine, amphetamine, and cathinone chemical classes
* The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) placed these three synthetic cathinones into Schedule 1 in October 2011, as “necessary to avoid imminent hazard to the public safety” due to high abuse potential and lack of medical use
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2013, 04:04 PM
 
Location: planet octupulous is nearing earths atmosphere
13,620 posts, read 11,702,847 times
Reputation: 20029
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
There were actually three or four of them, so you must have some sticky fingers - especially since you misspelled "psychosis" at LEAST three times. I don't know about you, but I've never made the same exact "typo" that many times in a row.

Anyway, I figured if you're going to use pointless arguments like "some crazy homeless guy chewed off another homeless guy's face," the only thing left was to nitpick your spelling.

by the way that crazy zombie from Florida was nuts from the getgo, I seriously doubt that weed made him go off.. even if it did it is just one case, world wide there's got to be at least 200 million pot smokers..


fin picks that one case for his or her defense against weed, what a joke..

fin needs to watch some big pharma commercials and listen to all the side effects caused by individual drugs..

things like "may cause death"!!

or blindness"

or depression"

or thoughts of suicide" just to name a very few...

just look at all the nut crazy things that people do when drugged on booze.. weed is not even comparable to hard liquor.. I know I've done both many times
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2013, 04:05 PM
 
2,117 posts, read 1,693,061 times
Reputation: 1122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is you who is lacking logic. If you died while under the influence of crack, they would certainly find crack in your system AND they would also find the pot you smoked last week.

The guy died under the influence, and they only found pot. THINK!!! Dead bodies do not burn off other drugs.
You really need to seek professional help. Forget marijuana, it's your inability to pragmatically and logically interpret reality.

I'm being serious. I won't even refute anything you say, because you being uninformed is not the issue, it's your thought process and lack of grasp of reality, which can only be corrected with treatment.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2013, 04:06 PM
 
Location: Bronx, New York
2,136 posts, read 2,770,239 times
Reputation: 3199
No need to be stank.

This must be a new test because at the time of the incident of the face chewer...there was no test.

In any event it's not part of any routine drug panel screen and it's $197 per test so unless you chew someone's face off it's unlikely that the test will be utilized.

Also, the more I read about the face chewer the more questions I have.

Quote:
"Within the limits of current technology by both laboratories, marijuana is the only drug identified in the body of Mr. Rudy Eugene," the statement said.
So it's not a 100% sure thing now is it? There are millions of mj users in this country...do you have any other incidents that may or may NOT have been caused by MJ use?


http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...iner-says?lite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Oh, yes there is. I am glad you guys are reading, because you might actually learn something here:

Ameritox provides quantitative bath salt testing results for eight of the most common synthetic cathinone compounds:
  • MDPV* a psychoactive drug with stimulant properties
  • Mephedrone* is a synthetic stimulant drug of the amphetamine and cathinone class
  • Methylone* is a stimulant of the phenethylamine, amphetamine, and cathinone classes
  • Naphyrone is a drug derived from pyrovalerone that acts as a triple reuptake inhibitor, producing stimulant effects
  • Methedrone a stimulant and entactogen drug of the phenethylamine, amphetamine, and cathinone chemical classes
  • Butylone stimulant of the phenethylamine chemical class
  • Methcathinone is a psychoactive stimulant
  • Ethylone is an entactogen, stimulant, and psychedelic of the phenethylamine, amphetamine, and cathinone chemical classes
* The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) placed these three synthetic cathinones into Schedule 1 in October 2011, as “necessary to avoid imminent hazard to the public safety” due to high abuse potential and lack of medical use

Last edited by Jasper03; 05-29-2013 at 04:23 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top