U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are marijuana users criminals in your opinion?
Yes 61 26.07%
No 166 70.94%
Undecided 7 2.99%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 09:20 AM

73,526 posts, read 39,322,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I mock people who respect unjust laws, I admire people who stand up to unjust laws. The Constitution of the US doesn't ban pot, so not sure why you threw that in there
The Constitution defines the process which creates laws, and since you disrespect the law, you also disrespect the process, and the Constitution, and those people who risk their lives enforcing the laws, the process and the Constitution. You are the opposite of what "law abiding citizen" means.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 09:28 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,681,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The Constitution defines the process which creates laws, and since you disrespect the law, you also disrespect the process, and the Constitution, and those people who risk their lives enforcing the laws, the process and the Constitution. You are the opposite of what "law abiding citizen" means.
The county in which I grew up, it was and still is illegal (yet, unenforced), for a group of 3 or more women to congregate in public without having first applied for a permit with the county.

That is a law which was passed within the framework of the constitutional process.

Try again, Hitler.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:46 AM

13,620 posts, read 11,637,699 times
with all the bogus laws in force now days makes everybody a criminal. i'm ready to fire one up..

Old 05-31-2013, 10:52 AM

15,896 posts, read 10,772,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
with all the bogus laws in force now days makes everybody a criminal. i'm ready to fire one up..

Some of them are quite a hoot. Oh and I'd love to fire one up too, but I'm at work. Never mix business with pleasure.

Now.... sometime after 7PM... well that could be a different story.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:35 PM

7,267 posts, read 3,889,910 times
Quote:
Fortunately for those who can think for themselves, people like you are quickly becoming the minority.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:12 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,122,859 times
Quote:
There is a difference between legal, and illegal. Well, maybe not to you, but to most of us there is a difference.

I don't depend on it, but I respect the law and the Constitution of the Unites States. It does not sound like the same can be said about you.

What has Obama got to do with it ? ?

If you want to disrespect the law, then you go right ahead, bot to mock people for respecting the law is just plain lame.
Prohibition of pot is unlawful because it is unconstitutional.

When you get up every morning, take an oath to defend the Constitution.

It's good for your constitution.

You'll be a new man!

I am sure you are aware that statutory prohibition of alcohol is UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:17 PM

12,770 posts, read 10,485,704 times
I just found out today that the neighbors that are cutting down trees to grow pot, also just got their scripts - so they're legal. Her problem is that she's obese, and his problem is that he's lazy and dumb as a box a rocks. They also have five children.
The other neighbor who's flattened and completely destroyed the yard he's renting, gets migraines.
So being legal with their little piece of paper, is worthless.
Legalize it for everybody or nobody, this current system is a joke.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:05 AM

13,256 posts, read 11,020,392 times
Quote:
Delivery drivers are killed more than police officers in this country.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:43 AM

25,387 posts, read 32,377,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
not all laws are just.. why should millions of law abiding citizens not do something they enjoy just because a few don't like it.. if they made eating beef illegal tomorrow, would you give that up.. just because a few people in high places make it a law?
It doesn't matter. They are laws. If you choose to disobey them, you are a criminal. I don't care if you disagree with the speed limit being 25 on a particular street, or the amount of income tax you pay that does not give you the right to disregard the law because you don't like it (you do, however, have the right to work to change the laws while obeying the laws). There is no good reason to use marijuana. It serves no purpose other than to get high. Those who purchase marijuana illegally, support an entire underground economy by choice. They support criminals who also deal in other drugs and, often, arms. IMO, there is good reason NOT to support them. By purchasing drugs, you choose to support them.

This goes way beyond disregard for our laws.

Every person who purchases drugs has a part in every person who is killed as a result of drugs because they keep the trade going. The, simple, solution is don't use drugs but that solution seems to escape druggies....they just want their drugs...

Tell me the contribution marijuana makes to society. How it will benefit us to have it legal. As a teacher, I see kids get into drugs and I see their development arrest. They seem to stop growing up. Getting high removes you from reality. Dealing with reality is how we develop and grow. Getting high doesn't facilitate anything that benefits individuals or society. Therefore, we don't need it.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 06-01-2013 at 07:01 AM..

Old 06-01-2013, 09:27 AM

13,620 posts, read 11,637,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
It doesn't matter. They are laws. If you choose to disobey them, you are a criminal. I don't care if you disagree with the speed limit being 25 on a particular street, or the amount of income tax you pay that does not give you the right to disregard the law because you don't like it (you do, however, have the right to work to change the laws while obeying the laws). There is no good reason to use marijuana. It serves no purpose other than to get high. Those who purchase marijuana illegally, support an entire underground economy by choice. They support criminals who also deal in other drugs and, often, arms. IMO, there is good reason NOT to support them. By purchasing drugs, you choose to support them.

This goes way beyond disregard for our laws.

Hitler made laws too.!!! like I said before some laws are not just.. weed should be legalized countywide, problem solved.. in ten years most states will make it legal...

Every person who purchases drugs has a part in every person who is killed as a result of drugs because they keep the trade going. The, simple, solution is don't use drugs but that solution seems to escape druggies....they just want their drugs...

every person that buys consumer goods that have been made with slave wage labor is contributing to slavery..i could go one and on

Tell me the contribution marijuana makes to society. How it will benefit us to have it legal. As a teacher, I see kids get into drugs and I see their development arrest. They seem to stop growing up. Getting high removes you from reality. Dealing with reality is how we develop and grow. Getting high doesn't facilitate anything that benefits individuals or society. Therefore, we don't need it.
so in other words^^ you are saying we should go back to prohibition with alcohol?? alcohol is a drug!!! and one of the worst ones ever created..mj is one of the best plants know to man, the potential is just being realized. as far as kids go, kids should not do drugs of any kind, blame it on the parents.

tell me what contribution greasy fast food makes to society??

like I said before everybody is a criminal...

oh and by the way I do no other drugs than weed, I drink booze only on a rare moon. so would you rather me give up weed and go back to the worse drug booze??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies