U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are marijuana users criminals in your opinion?
Yes 61 26.07%
No 166 70.94%
Undecided 7 2.99%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 10:42 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,129,440 times

Advertisements

Just like meth, dosage is critical.

Cannabis: Potent Anti-depressant In Low Doses, Worsens Depression At High Doses
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 10:48 AM

13,256 posts, read 11,045,310 times
I'm tired of people accepting the excuse of "that's just the way things are." I'm a pacifist, but I'm not passive.

We have all the WRONG lobbyist pushing in this country and getting laws written and passed monthly. Meanwhile lobbyist for the PEOPLE can't get jack sh*t passed.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:00 AM

13,620 posts, read 11,662,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
in that study it says synthetic thc, a real study would use real natural cannabis to get results...

moderation is key to a good life, eat to much greasy food you gat fat, heart disease, clogged arteries..

drink to much booze you become an alcoholic with a holey liver

drive to fast, and you will become fertilizer..

eat to much fish and you will get mercury poisoning..

Old 06-01-2013, 11:34 AM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,108,891 times
Illegal? Seems Microsoft's Jamen Shively doesn't really care.

How strange this world has become.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/22730340

Last edited by pvs; 06-01-2013 at 12:12 PM..

Old 06-01-2013, 12:03 PM

25,387 posts, read 32,436,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
so in other words^^ you are saying we should go back to prohibition with alcohol?? alcohol is a drug!!! and one of the worst ones ever created..mj is one of the best plants know to man, the potential is just being realized. as far as kids go, kids should not do drugs of any kind, blame it on the parents.

tell me what contribution greasy fast food makes to society??

like I said before everybody is a criminal...

oh and by the way I do no other drugs than weed, I drink booze only on a rare moon. so would you rather me give up weed and go back to the worse drug booze??
I really don't care if they do. Alchohol use doesn't serve any purpose either. Unfortuntetly, as we saw during prohibition, it's nearly impossible to go backwards. One legal drug is one too many but we're stuck with one. We can make sure we don't have others to contend with. I'd love to see tobacco made illegal as well but you can't do that when you have people who are addicted to it as a legal drug. There is a difference between making something legal illegal and never legalizing something in the first place. We're stuck with alcohol and tobacco. That's enough.

If we legalize marijuana, why not just legalize everything? Why is marijuana special? We either condone drug use or we don't. Personally, I don't. I see what drugs do to the kids I teach.

I wish people would realize what they are supporting when they buy drugs. The disregard that drug users have for life is appalling. They support drug dealers who have no regard for life and don't care as long as they get high. Nice people....

If people stopped buying drugs, the world would be a better place. Unfortunately, drug users don't care about that. I have no respect for illegal drug users.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:06 PM

25,387 posts, read 32,436,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Which is why medical use for any drug should be handled through a pharmacy. I don't believe that marijuana has any medicinal purpose for the simple fact that no drug company is trying to capitalize on the beneficial compounds. You'd think with all that money to be made, they would. The fact they don't speaks volumes.

Anyone using drugs is self medicating. You should know the proper dosage of any medication you take and you should be under a doctor's care when using them. Not everyone responds the same to the same drugs.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I really don't care if they do. Alchohol use doesn't serve any purpose either. Unfortuntetly, as we saw during prohibition, it's nearly impossible to go backwards. One legal drug is one too many but we're stuck with one. We can make sure we don't have others to contend with. I'd love to see tobacco made illegal as well but you can't do that when you have people who are addicted to it as a legal drug. There is a difference between making something legal illegal and never legalizing something in the first place. We're stuck with alcohol and tobacco. That's enough.

If we legalize marijuana, why not just legalize everything? Why is marijuana special? We either condone drug use or we don't. Personally, I don't. I see what drugs do to the kids I teach.

alcohol is worse than mj.. kind of odd that you would rather see the harder drug stay legal..

I choose weed and it should be a choice..

I wish people would realize what they are supporting when they buy drugs. The disregard that drug users have for life is appalling. They support drug dealers who have no regard for life and don't care as long as they get high. Nice people....

do I have to say this again, i wish people would realize that if they buy consumer goods made with slave wage labor they support slavery.. oh and by the way I buy locally grow cannabis..

If people stopped buying drugs, the world would be a better place. Unfortunately, drug users don't care about that. I have no respect for illegal drug users.
in a perfect utopia..

if people stopped voting for morons we would have laws that represent the majority, every poll I see now days is in favor for legalization..

if people stopped buying alcohol they would not support big alcohol..

if people stopped eating greasy foods they would be healthier.

if auto companies made cars that only go 60 mph less traffic fatalities would result.

if people stopped texting and driving we would see lots of lives saved..

if people did not litter we would not have the pacific vortex

just to name a very few..

only in a perfect world

Old 06-01-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Which is why medical use for any drug should be handled through a pharmacy. I don't believe that marijuana has any medicinal purpose for the simple fact that no drug company is trying to capitalize on the beneficial compounds. You'd think with all that money to be made, they would. The fact they don't speaks volumes.

Anyone using drugs is self medicating. You should know the proper dosage of any medication you take and you should be under a doctor's care when using them. Not everyone responds the same to the same drugs.
Pharmaceutical Drugs Based on Cannabis - Medical Marijuana - ProCon.org

Pharmaceutical Companies Rush To Patent Medical Marijuana | The Weed Blog

Tremendous PBS Video Explains Why Medical Cannabis Works — And How Big Pharma Is Planning To Cash In On It | NORML Blog, Marijuana Law Reform

please wake up from your coma

Old 06-01-2013, 04:21 PM

73,524 posts, read 39,482,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Fortunately for those who can think for themselves, people like you are quickly becoming the minority.
Lawlessness is 'hip' among too many, but I am not the only one who still respects the law and the constitution.

Old 06-01-2013, 04:43 PM

32,525 posts, read 32,967,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Lawlessness is 'hip' among too many, but I am not the only one who still respects the law and the constitution.
Well, dang.

I'm beginning to wish I smoked pot simply to tick off all the people who try to use our constitution as their holier-than-thou card.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies