U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are marijuana users criminals in your opinion?
Yes 61 26.07%
No 166 70.94%
Undecided 7 2.99%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 04:53 PM

12,770 posts, read 10,542,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Lawlessness is 'hip' among too many, but I am not the only one who still respects the law and the constitution.
Most doctors agree with the "lawless".
Smell the Truth » Three out of four doctors recommend marijuana in New England Journal of Medicine poll
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 05:01 PM

13,620 posts, read 11,694,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
those buds look sweet that's what the doc said

Old 06-01-2013, 05:09 PM

29,042 posts, read 47,496,846 times
Quote:
Lawlessness is 'hip' among too many, but I am not the only one who still respects the law and the constitution.
And then there are non-sheep who understand when a law is unjust, and fight (or speak out) to change it. Personally, I respect those people WAY more than the "roll over and play dead" types.

FYI: The cover of Barron's (the official Dow Jones financial publication) this week has a giant pot leaf, with the caption "Should the US Make Pot Legal?" Just another sign this issue is gaining serious steam, and will most likely be resolved in our favor within the next decade or two. I predict federal legalization, or at least majority state legalization, by the year 2025 - if not sooner.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:16 PM

13,620 posts, read 11,694,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
And then there are non-sheep who understand when a law is unjust, and fight (or speak out) to change it. Personally, I respect those people WAY more than the "roll over and play dead" types.

FYI: The cover of Barron's (the official Dow Jones financial publication) this week has a giant pot leaf, with the caption "Should the US Make Pot Legal?" Just another sign this issue is gaining serious steam, and will most likely be resolved in our favor within the next decade or two. I predict federal legalization, or at least majority state legalization, by the year 2025 - if not sooner.

every poll I see is in favor for legalization of mj by a landslide, most polls I see for legalizing all drugs are now more in favor than against for all drugs..

Old 06-03-2013, 02:58 AM

7,392 posts, read 3,983,899 times
Quote:
Nothing lawless about smoking in the privacy of their own home. Get a grip maaaan!

Old 06-03-2013, 02:59 AM

7,392 posts, read 3,983,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post

I'm thinking more like 2020, but 2025 will work too.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:44 AM

73,524 posts, read 39,645,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Nothing lawless about smoking in the privacy of their own home. Get a grip maaaan!
I guess some people do not understand the meaning of the word 'lawless'.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:17 AM

15,896 posts, read 10,832,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
It doesn't matter. They are laws. If you choose to disobey them, you are a criminal. I don't care if you disagree with the speed limit being 25 on a particular street, or the amount of income tax you pay that does not give you the right to disregard the law because you don't like it (you do, however, have the right to work to change the laws while obeying the laws). There is no good reason to use marijuana. It serves no purpose other than to get high. Those who purchase marijuana illegally, support an entire underground economy by choice. They support criminals who also deal in other drugs and, often, arms. IMO, there is good reason NOT to support them. By purchasing drugs, you choose to support them.

This goes way beyond disregard for our laws.

Every person who purchases drugs has a part in every person who is killed as a result of drugs because they keep the trade going. The, simple, solution is don't use drugs but that solution seems to escape druggies....they just want their drugs...

Tell me the contribution marijuana makes to society. How it will benefit us to have it legal. As a teacher, I see kids get into drugs and I see their development arrest. They seem to stop growing up. Getting high removes you from reality. Dealing with reality is how we develop and grow. Getting high doesn't facilitate anything that benefits individuals or society. Therefore, we don't need it.

So being a teacher,and knowing your history you should know of course that prohibition doesn't work, right? Furthermore, nobody is advocating use amongst kids. However; given it's illegal status, without being taxed and regulated it is easier for kids to get, because quite simply, dealers don't ID. Legalize it and have same stipulations as alcohol!

Finally, the government, the special interests who continue to lobby to keep it illegal, nor you have no business telling adults what they can or cannot consume.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:58 PM

12,770 posts, read 10,542,317 times
The more studies of medicinal use, the better it gets.

A recent study conducted by Andras Biokei-Gorzo at the Institute of Molecular Psychiatry at the University of Bonn in Germany is suggesting that marijuana(or the activation of the brain’s cannabinoid system) triggers the release of antioxidants, which act as a cleansing mechanism. This process is known to remove damaged cells and improve the efficiency of mitochondria. Mitochondria is the energy source that powers cells. The study was published in Philosophical Transactions Of The Royal Society, B. You can read the entire study here.

Cannabinoids refer to any of a group of related compounds that include cannabinol and the active constituents of cannabis. They activate canbinoid receptors in the body. The body itself produces compounds called endocannabinoids and they play a role in many processes within the body that help to create a healthy environment. Cannabinoids also play a role in immune system generation and re-generation. The body regenerates best when it’s saturated with Phyto-Cannabinoids. Cannabinoids can also be found in Cannabis. Cannabinoids may very well be the best cancer fighting substance out there!
New Study Shows Cannabinoids Improve Efficiency Of Mitochondria And Remove Damaged Brain Cells | Collective-Evolution

Old 06-03-2013, 03:28 PM

13,256 posts, read 11,072,265 times
Cannabis is one of the oldest drugs (medicinal) known to man.

That goes to tell you how ignorant and brainwashed our population is.

Deaths due to marijuana each year = 0 Deaths due to pharmaceutical drugs = 106,000 Deaths due to all illegal drugs combined = 17,000

Someone please explain how we don't live in a corrupt society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies