Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are marijuana users criminals in your opinion?
Yes 61 26.07%
No 166 70.94%
Undecided 7 2.99%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 11:13 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,105,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
True. There are two kinds of citizens, law abiding ones, and those who have no respect for the law. Obviously drug users fall in the latter category on most situations, and in most places. They tend to respond with anger when this obvious fact is pointed out to them.
You know what, your right. We should jail all prescription drug users and head out to the bars and start throwing people in jail. Smokers too.

You make a ton of sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 11:14 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,964,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
You know what, your right. We should jail all prescription drug users and head out to the bars and start throwing people in jail. Smokers too.

You make a ton of sense.

Don't forget coffee drinkers too.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:02 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,237,480 times
Quote:
True. There are two kinds of citizens, law abiding ones, and those who have no respect for the law. Obviously drug users fall in the latter category on most situations, and in most places. They tend to respond with anger when this obvious fact is pointed out to them.
Would that include Rush Limbaugh, in your opinion?

I ask because I've seen a lot of people who typically are critical of drug users but who are quick to defend Limbaugh and the laws that he violated.

Old 06-11-2013, 01:49 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,720,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Would that include Rush Limbaugh, in your opinion?

I ask because I've seen a lot of people who typically are critical of drug users but who are quick to defend Limbaugh and the laws that he violated.
I guess a right wing drug addict is not really a drug addict.

Old 06-11-2013, 02:56 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,102,535 times
Quote:
So all those Freedom Riders, who broke the law to break segregation's back, had no respect for the law.

Rock on, law breakers of America. Rock on.

No anger. Happy dance time that the far right-wing is so upset with those who dare challenge their beliefs. Happy dance time that the far right-wing thinks this shows "no respect for the law".

You bet some of us have no respect for unjust, silly, discriminatory, hate-filled laws.

(Your unhappy judgement means the world to us. Really it does. It makes it all worth while. All the marching. All the protest. All the "Hell No We Won't Go" that put kids in jail in the 60's because the right-wing didn't like kids standing up to them. Glorious to know that same segment is still up-tight. It keeps the juices of change flowing!!)

Old 06-11-2013, 03:00 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,161,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post

For now, I discreetly grow only a few small plants a year but I'd like to grow as much as I wish. TBH, I am content in that the money I sporadically earn from the plant does not go to support any corrupt Government or laws produced by it (like the USA). So in a way, I am OK with the current system. Not to mention, the illegality of it drives up the price like crazy (#1 Cash Crop in the US).
I once googled how to grow weed & once I read it said "forget it!" It's just too detailed & technical.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:44 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,770,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I once googled how to grow weed & once I read it said "forget it!" It's just too detailed & technical.
Need I highlight more?

Old 06-11-2013, 03:44 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,222,845 times
By the definition of a criminal, yes they are unless they live in Colorado or Washington. The question is should they be? The answer is a resounding no.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:51 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,911,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
That is a very big issue imo. It comes up in DUI cases as well.

It stays in the system for nearly 30 days because the body doesn't reject it.
That is why people need to be informed about the right to jury nullification. Only when the government figures out that it is a waste of resources to harass pot smokers will they focus their attention on dealing with actual crimes instead.

I used to do everything that I could think of to get out of jury duty. Now when I get the notice I see it as a potential opportunity to protect one cannabis user from the immorality of our nation's drug laws.

Old 06-11-2013, 03:55 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,911,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Opposing laws without showing disrespect for our history and legal traditions can absolutely overturn current laws. People who smoke anyway are not the ones overturning marijuana laws.

What a dumb analogy. Breathing and smoking a joint are nothing alike.

It is a citizen's duty to respectfully and peacefully oppose laws, not to do whatever the hell you personally feel is right, regardless of the rest of society. That is the definition of anarchy, not a sound basis for a legal system.

Would you have felt it was your duty to return a runaway slave to their master in accordance with the laws in place at the time? The rules are the rules and all that, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies