Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are marijuana users criminals in your opinion?
Yes 61 26.07%
No 166 70.94%
Undecided 7 2.99%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 10:37 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
regardless what you think, it is STILL A LAW, and still illegal...no debate...and why is this a racist problem? Good God?

There are states that are conforming to medical use, however, if it is against the law where you are, and you smoke it, yes, you are a criminal, and there is nothing racist about that what-so-ever.
I say that because race did play a part in why it was initially banned.

Marijuana's illegal status attained through racism, fraud and greed - Pueblo Chieftain: News

If Harry Anslinger were alive today, he would no doubt be in front of a Colorado House or Senate committee on regulating medical marijuana dispensaries, imploring the gathered politicians to ignore the will of the people and ban the wicked weed outright.

“There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the U.S.,” Anslinger might say, “and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana use. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others.”

Actually, Anslinger did say that, and much more. With the help of the federal government, the states, DuPont, pharmaceutical companies and the Hearst newspaper chain, Anslinger sought to keep the heartbeat of Puritanism alive. He was the assistant Prohibition commissioner and then commissioner of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics from 1930 to 1962.

Why Marijuana is Illegal - Top 7 Reasons Why Marijuana is Illegal

"The intense anti-marijuana movement of the 1930s dovetailed nicely with the intense anti-Chicano movement of the 1930s. Marijuana was associated with Mexican Americans, and a ban on marijuana was seen as a way of discouraging Mexican-American subcultures from developing.

Today, thanks in large part to the very public popularity of marijuana among whites during the 1960s and 1970s, marijuana is no longer seen as what one might call an ethnic drug--but the groundwork for the anti-marijuana movement was laid down at a time when marijuana was seen as an encroachment on the U.S. majority-white culture."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 10:37 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Anyone who is willingly and habitually breaking the law is a criminal. Bush and Obama have admitted to using cocaine in their youth, which is against the law, so yes, they broke the law, but you can't call then criminals today since they are not breaking the law now. I am not sure what the Nixon reference was all about. What did he do?

in my book texting drivers are criminals even in states that have no laws against it.. responsible people that smoke cannabis no they are not criminals!!! it is an unjust law..

Old 06-12-2013, 10:39 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
in my book texting drivers are criminals even in states that have no laws against it.. responsible people that smoke cannabis no they are not criminals!!! it is an unjust law..

Come on Crux... the law is the law by golly!!!! Now be a good little follower and follow the rules without question. Bow to your masters.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Come on Crux... the law is the law by golly!!!! Now be a good little follower and follow the rules without question. Bow to your masters.

i'm going to quite smoking mj, and go back to drinking rum. that way I wont be labeled a criminal. kind of whacky ah, going to the hard stuff makes me not a criminal.!!! something wrong with that picture

Old 06-12-2013, 10:53 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Your book also says things like "up is down, and down is up".

Old 06-12-2013, 10:59 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
If we were deeming people crazy based on their opinion being extreme...

Old 06-12-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:

i'm going to quite smoking mj, and go back to drinking rum. that way I wont be labeled a criminal. kind of whacky ah, going to the hard stuff makes me not a criminal.!!! something wrong with that picture

this is just absolutely nuts!!! but it is true.. I smoke a little bit of weed and get a very small buzz. and you would consider me a criminal, but I can go buy a bottle of 150 proof alcohol and get annihilated,!!! and now i'm not a criminal.. not to mention I can text and drive and you don't consider that a criminal offence.. dude your the only one who's book of laws is so screwed up..

Old 06-12-2013, 11:10 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:

this is just absolutely nuts!!! but it is true.. I smoke a little bit of weed and get a very small buzz. and you would consider me a criminal, but I can go buy a bottle of 150 proof alcohol and get annihilated,!!! and now i'm not a criminal.. not to mention I can text and drive and you don't consider that a criminal offence.. dude your the only one who's book of laws is so screwed up..

By their logic yes. Not to mention how rude, obnoxious and beligerent people tend become when drinking some of that hard s***!!!! It's OK though. Alcohol is legal. Talk about being in the Bizzaro World for cryin' out loud!

Old 06-12-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:

so M.r fin based on your stupidity this little girl is a criminal, right??? you lack logic.. go back to your cubby hole..

Medicinal marijuana stops seizures, brings hope to a little Black Forest girl

Old 06-12-2013, 11:17 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,302 times
They decriminalized marijuana here in Canada. Then the Conservatives came in and made it a crime again. Thing is, most Canadians don't see it as a crime anymore. Cops only care about street dealers and grow-ops. The guy growing a couple of plants in his basement and smokes occasionally, just isn't a criminal.

It's not a question of if but when it's going to be legalized in Canada. The Conservatives only made it a crime again because Harper didn't like going against the grain with Bush. Americans can come up here and smoke when it's legalized here.

The law says one thing here, but the police more closely reflect the will of Canadians. Marijuana users aren't criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies