Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are marijuana users criminals in your opinion?
Yes 61 26.07%
No 166 70.94%
Undecided 7 2.99%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 07:18 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,879,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I guess we are pretty much done here.

Let's recap: Marijuana users are criminals in most states, and marijuana use is proven to cause mental illness, psychosis and violent episodes. Marijuana is addictive, and marijuana causes serious heart disease and deadly arrhythmia. Decriminalization in Portugal led to increased use.
And, a recap for the rest of America - you are crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 07:34 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
read and weep..

States That Legalized Medical Marijuana Saw Fewer Traffic Deaths, Study Says

Marijuana Users Are Safer Drivers Than Non-Marijuana Users, New Study Shows

that evil weed at it again

Old 05-29-2013, 07:48 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Dumb question. Marijuana is illegal therefore they are criminals. Period. There's nothing to debate here. The definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law. They break the law.

No I would not drink if they brought back prohibition. The social settings where I do drink would no longer serve alchohol and there is nothing about alcohol that would entice me to break the law to get it.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:56 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Dumb question. Marijuana is illegal therefore they are criminals. Period. There's nothing to debate here. The definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law. They break the law.

No I would not drink if they brought back prohibition. The social settings where I do drink would no longer serve alchohol and there is nothing about alcohol that would entice me to break the law to get it.

not all laws are just.. why should millions of law abiding citizens not do something they enjoy just because a few don't like it.. if they made eating beef illegal tomorrow, would you give that up.. just because a few people in high places make it a law?

Old 05-29-2013, 08:09 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,879,773 times
Quote:

Oh.My.God. I so wish I could be like you some day.

Please, teach me how to turn off any and all neuroreceptors which link portions of my brain responsible for free-thinking and scrutiny, and rewire it for complacency and assimilation, so I can put my tail between my legs and allow a handful of society to tell me how I should live.

Get some sleep, wake up, and re-think your life.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:12 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,332,941 times
Adults in a suposedly free country should be able to do pretty much whatever they want as long as it doesn't harm anyone else.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:16 PM

472 posts, read 570,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Adults in a suposedly free country should be able to do pretty much whatever they want as long as it doesn't harm anyone else.
Well said!

Old 05-29-2013, 08:27 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,912,730 times
Quote:

Sooooo... I take it you've NEVER driven above the speed limit, used a cell phone while driving, or had a couple of beers before driving? You also have never gone without a seatbelt, used a carpool lane during rush hour, failed to yield right when going slowly, littered, smoked near a public entrance, etc. All of those things will get you a BIGGER fine than smoking marijuana here in California, so I can only assume you've never done any of them (or the equivalent where you live). If you have violated even one of these laws, you're just another hypocrite.

P.S. Marijuana is officially decriminalized in California, even for recreational use - so that's pretty much the literal opposite of criminal, LOL. Wake up and smell the year 2013! It has a nice, skunky smell.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Bingo! And while I often say this is one issue that seems to bring everyone (from varying political viewpoints) together, I still find it ironic that the few naysayers claim to be conservatives. Isn't their stance the polar opposite of conservative thinking? I realize not everyone follows a political ideology lock-step, but this is a fairly big inconsistency IMO.

And before anyone asks, I'm a left-leaning Libertarian.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I guess we are pretty much done here.

Let's recap: Marijuana users are criminals in most states, and marijuana use is proven to cause mental illness, psychosis and violent episodes. Marijuana is addictive, and marijuana causes serious heart disease and deadly arrhythmia. Decriminalization in Portugal led to increased use.
Sounds more like you're describing alcohol and tobacco, but I know for a fact you have no problem with either of those being legal... how do I know you like whiskey? Hmmm.

Last edited by gizmo980; 05-29-2013 at 08:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies