Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2013, 03:14 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,530,248 times

Advertisements

Homeowners shoot armed home invader in Union Co. | WCNC.com Charlotte

one more thug made good at last.

"he was a good boy and was never in any trouble"

Robby Blount Mug Shot

another tragedy averted courtesy of the wisdom of the founding fathers.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:27 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
Good gun control consists of putting the rounds where they will do the most good.
Well done, folks.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:13 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Another POS DOA.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:36 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,694,042 times
I caution everyone not to focus on a particular race, etc. This person is black but the whites are just as dangerous. Focus on situational awareness and what they are doing, do not be offset by the color, whatever it may be.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:41 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,530,248 times
white folk have their share of thugs as well however something needs to be said about 13% of the population committing 70+% of the crime. I live in miami gardens in a mixed race community I don't see many hispanics or whites causing grief. why is that?

Old 05-27-2013, 08:57 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
I caution everyone not to focus on a particular race, etc. This person is black but the whites are just as dangerous. Focus on situational awareness and what they are doing, do not be offset by the color, whatever it may be.
Asshats come in ALL colors. I like PWT as much as I do hood rat Blacks; which is to say, I don't like them.

Old 05-27-2013, 10:00 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,904,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadeguy View Post
white folk have their share of thugs as well however something needs to be said about 13% of the population committing 70+% of the crime. I live in miami gardens in a mixed race community I don't see many hispanics or whites causing grief. why is that?
The facts don't back up your "blacks commit 70% of crimes" claim.

Old 05-28-2013, 12:01 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadeguy View Post
Maybe because they are employed? You think if the employers of hispanic people started laying them off to the tune of 50% and you give that a few years to steep... you think you wouldn't see a rise in crimes committed by hispanic men... and women? It is not a rhetorical question.

H

Old 05-28-2013, 01:25 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,860,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm;29758284[COLOR=Black
........... What is not up for debate is the fact that guns are successful in thwarting home invasion about 2% of the time. There isn't much that is only 2% successful. In fact, more gun owning homeowners have their own guns used by the home invaders to successfully complete their agenda or robbery or worse...........
au contraire

GunCite - Gun Control Web Site: A Gun in the Home

Guns in the Home Offer More Risk than Benefit. Or Not. | The Truth About GunsThe Truth About Guns

NRA-ILA | Armed Citizen

Gun Control - Just Facts

* "In homes with guns, the homicide of a household member is almost 3 times more likely to occur than in homes without guns."[12] [13]

* Reasons for elimination: This statistic is based on a three-county study comparing households in which a homicide occurred to demographically similar households in which a homicide did not occur. After controlling for several variables, the study found that gun ownership was associated with a 2.7 times increase in the odds of homicide.[14] This study does not meet Just Facts' Standards of Credibility because:

1) The study blurs cause and effect. As explained in a comprehensive analysis of firearm research conducted by the National Research Council, gun control studies such as this (known as "case-control" studies) "fail to address the primary inferential problems that arise because ownership is not a random decision. ... Homicide victims may possess firearms precisely because they are likely to be victimized."[15]

2) The study's results are highly sensitive to uncertainties in the underlying data. For example, minor variations in firearm ownership rates (which are determined by interview and are thus dependent upon interviewees' honesty) can negate the results.[16] [17]

3) The results are arrived at by subjecting the raw data to statistical analyses instead of letting the data speak for itself. (For reference, the raw data of this study shows that households in which a homicide occurred had a firearm ownership rate of 45% as compared to 36% for non-homicide households. Also, households in which a homicide occurred were twice as likely have a household member who was previously arrested (53% vs. 23%), five times more likely to have a household member who used illicit drugs (31% vs. 6%), and five times more likely to have a household member who was previously hit or hurt during a fight in the home (32% vs. 6%).[18])
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies