Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 08:40 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,690,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The U.S. has become one of the countries with the worst opportunities for people to move beyond the economic class they were born into.
Actually, that's a lie. Millions of us have moved from a low economic class to a middle or upper income class.

It's not that hard. It does require self discipline, which is something that whiners don't have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
lol cato institute.
LOL. They only deal with the facts.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
. The distribution of weath in this country is clear. The haves are widening the gap from the have nots.

Reggie
And what is the problem with that?

Old 05-29-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Bull crap. With this attitude you will never succeed. In 1992 when my marriage failed my net worth was less than $100,000, by 2001 when I retired it had reached the million plateau, and has continued to grow...Guess what the reason was?...First of all it was a positive attitude, then hard work, good decisions, (and a few bad ones) a bit of luck, and not trying to keep up with the the guy down the street. In other words I have been frugal.

Getting rid of a wife who's hobby was shopping didn't hurt either.

If I did that, my small number of millions would be a large number of millions.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:00 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,388,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadking2003 View Post
what is "$1 million network"?

msnbc?

Old 05-29-2013, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I travel to Thailand every year. I buy nice things, quality things. One can do both save money and have a good life.
Its called living within your means.

You can't do all of those things on minimum wage. You might not be able to do any of them.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:11 PM

10,567 posts, read 12,792,358 times
Behind every great fortune is a great crime. I believe in that. There is not one multi millionaire or billionaire around that does not have some skeleton in their closet. The super rich may launder the family reputation over a few generations but one will always find some bastard back in history who was willing to murder for riches. Indirectly or directly harm others...This is a material world...In order to make your pile of money bigger - another persons has to be made smaller....It is about drive...if you have a drive to be rich and every waking hour is about money- you will be rich...but do you really want to live like that?

Old 05-29-2013, 09:18 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,160,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
You can't do all of those things on minimum wage. You might not be able to do any of them.
You can't do them on say a $41K/year salary either. Unless someone has absolutely no bills to pay, no rent. Unless of course you're running up credit cards in order to do that.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Actually, that's a lie. Millions of us have moved from a low economic class to a middle or upper income class.

It's not that hard. It does require self discipline, which is something that whiners don't have.

I don;t know any unskilled workers who are middle or upper income. Do they exist?

Old 05-29-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Behind every great fortune is a great crime. I believe in that. There is not one multi millionaire or billionaire around that does not have some skeleton in their closet. The super rich may launder the family reputation over a few generations but one will always find some bastard back in history who was willing to murder for riches. Indirectly or directly harm others...This is a material world...In order to make your pile of money bigger - another persons has to be made smaller....It is about drive...if you have a drive to be rich and every waking hour is about money- you will be rich...but do you really want to live like that?

I saw a show about a guy who built a fraudulent fortune on the basis of pyramiding loans for boats he didn't own. he lived in michigan and discovered that tennessee does not title boats - they do kick out a letter saying this.

He got loans 'secured' by nonexistent boats from tennessee and bought a marina and it was an impressive scam for as long as it lasted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies