Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of Chris Christie
I self-identify as a Republican and have a Favorable Opinion of him 13 12.38%
I self-identify as a Democrat and have a Favorable Opinion of him 14 13.33%
I self-identify as an Independent and have a Favorable Opinion of him 27 25.71%
I self-identify as a Republican and have a Neutral Opinion of him 5 4.76%
I self-identify as a Democrat and have a Neutral Opinion of him 10 9.52%
I self-identify as an Independent and have a Neutral Opinion of him 13 12.38%
I self-identify as a Republican and have an Unfavorable Opinion of him 11 10.48%
I self-identify as a Democrat and have an Unfavorable Opinion of him 3 2.86%
I self-identify as an Independent and have an Unfavorable Opinion of him 9 8.57%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 04:54 PM

805 posts, read 1,870,922 times

Advertisements

I like the way he stands up to the unions. His is not perfect but I think he could make a great President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 04:56 PM

5,728 posts, read 3,249,287 times
I think he is the best governor they had in a long time.
He is harsh because he tells it like it is and doesn't talk out of both sides of his mouth.
We need someone like him to run against Hillary in 2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Many Democrats dislike Chris Christie, because they see him as someone that is too harsh towards Unions. Many Republicans dislike him, because they see him as someone that helps Obama.

He stands a great chance of getting reelected in liberal New Jersey.

What do you guys think of him?

Old 05-28-2013, 05:06 PM

57,221 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranston View Post
I like the way he stands up to the unions. His is not perfect but I think he could make a great President.
I find him to be very direct in his views, quite different than purely political governors like Cuomo. He has stated his opinions quite clearly, no question where he stands on an issue, the downside is that he is very abrasive at times.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:13 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
I find it encouraging that nearly 50% of the people poled define themselves as independents.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:22 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,755,730 times
I voted neutral.

I am sure I would not agree with all he has to say, but he does not seem like a phony or an idiot, so that puts him above most of the GOP candidates I've seen recently.

Best to him. I hope he loses weight though, or he is dead meat, literally.

Old 05-28-2013, 06:30 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Many Democrats dislike Chris Christie, because they see him as someone that is too harsh towards Unions. Many Republicans dislike him, because they see him as someone that helps Obama.

He stands a great chance of getting reelected in liberal New Jersey.

What do you guys think of him?
I voted neutral, I like some things about him and was hoping he would jump in last year, but I also have some reservations, mostly his lack of class, if that is the correct word. He comes across as very caring but not all that smooth. I love his attitude: this is what I am, take it or leave it, but I am not sure that will play when it comes to voting and when it comes to how we are seen throughout the world. Maybe I should not use the word class, maybe polish would be better. I have mixed feelings about some of his stands on issues. No, I do not think he helped Obama. It was just the timing.

Old 05-28-2013, 06:33 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I voted neutral.

I am sure I would not agree with all he has to say, but he does not seem like a phony or an idiot, so that puts him above most of the GOP candidates I've seen recently.

Best to him. I hope he loses weight though, or he is dead meat, literally.
Yes, America hasn't had a fat president since William Howard Taft and look how that turned out...

Old 05-28-2013, 06:37 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
So the poll illustrates what is Chris Christie's biggest problem(besides his weight)--Democrats and independents like him more than Republicans do at this point... And Democrats and indepedents don't vote in the Republican primary.

It's like hey, I would've loved to vote for Jon Huntsman in a presidential primary--but I'm not a Republican.

Old 05-28-2013, 06:38 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,562 times
I think he is a blowhard who will say anything to get ahead. Pretty much a typical fake American of the 2000's in other words

Old 05-28-2013, 06:39 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
I'm a more left leaning moderate/independent and while I used to dislike Christie (and still disagree with him on some issues) I have grown to have an immense amount of respect for his willingness to talk straight and buck the right wing trends.

I would only hedge my bet by cautioning that this may be a ploy for a future presidential run, but regardless, I like what I see so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies