Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 08:48 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post

Madow is one of the brightest people on television. I don't often watch her, but when I do I'm worn-out following the detail she presents. The RWNJs really dislke her not just because she's a woman, a lesbian or an assertive personality ... it's because they know she shows-up ready to 'play' the game. An enormously talented individual.

Matthews is one of the more moderate, balanced/fair commentators on cable television right now. Someone who's deeply rooted in "inside politics" and who knows his way around Washington. Someone with character and honesty. And someone who consistently calls-out the idiots or dangerous people in politics such as Michele Bachmann. He has strong friendships on both sides of the aisle, invites all viewpoints to his program, treats them with respect and isn't a one-sided cheerleader.

The person who once affiliated with MSNBC whom I miss, want to see the most ... is Keith Obermann, someone whom I made time available to watch his show there.

You have lost your mind!

My laugh of the day!

Everyone went over to FOX again. Where they were at least ¾, right
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 08:54 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I refuse to watch any of these "news" channels. But some of them like Madow and Mathews could only appeal to idiots. I'm proud that America has refused to watch MSNBC.
Journalism isn't very popular in this America. CNN realized that, and has moved onto Nancy Grace and like. What sells in America today, is bought by those who think journalism is lame and idiotic.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:00 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,434 times
Quote:
Viewership on the cable news channels, particularly second-tier channels such as MSNBC, is often most affected by curent news events which cause people to tune-in. 2012 was a year full of political back and forth, so it doesn't surprise me that MSNBC would show lower numbers right now. CNN, FOX ... they have the larger draws and are most prominent. HLN is all about spectacular/oddball trials and scandals and as a tabloid-style network draws that segment of the market which feeds off of the soap opera-like environment - particularly so given the demise of soap operas on the networks.

Madow is one of the brightest people on television. I don't often watch her, but when I do I'm worn-out following the detail she presents. The RWNJs really dislke her not just because she's a woman, a lesbian or an assertive personality ... it's because they know she shows-up ready to 'play' the game. An enormously talented individual.

Matthews is one of the more moderate, balanced/fair commentators on cable television right now. Someone who's deeply rooted in "inside politics" and who knows his way around Washington. Someone with character and honesty. And someone who consistently calls-out the idiots or dangerous people in politics such as Michele Bachmann. He has strong friendships on both sides of the aisle, invites all viewpoints to his program, treats them with respect and isn't a one-sided cheerleader.

The person who once affiliated with MSNBC whom I miss, want to see the most ... is Keith Obermann, someone whom I made time available to watch his show there.

Though I don't often tune-in, if NBC would "turn the lights out" it would be when advertisers stop buying time.
LOL Thanks for the good laugh. Now I am ready to face the morons running around the streets of our once great country.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:18 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,097,789 times
Quote:
Viewership on the cable news channels, particularly second-tier channels such as MSNBC, is often most affected by curent news events which cause people to tune-in. 2012 was a year full of political back and forth, so it doesn't surprise me that MSNBC would show lower numbers right now. CNN, FOX ... they have the larger draws and are most prominent. HLN is all about spectacular/oddball trials and scandals and as a tabloid-style network draws that segment of the market which feeds off of the soap opera-like environment - particularly so given the demise of soap operas on the networks.

Though I don't often tune-in, if NBC would "turn the lights out" it would be when advertisers stop buying time.

You lost any and all credibility with this comment. Good Lord, the brainwashing is complete.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:19 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
What are the numbers on the other news outlets? I doubt any place is pulling in 50 mil+ viewers on a nightly basis.
No, broadcast can't even do that and most homes in America gets ABC, CBS, CW, NBC and Fox. Cable/Satelite channels are a little different but MSNBC is on a normal basic package if I am not mistaken. Which means they should get some bites but it seems the pie slice they have is getting smaller. Let me put it this way, HLN is not as basic as MSNBC and they are getting better ratings through attack dog television. I MSNBC need to rock the boat and put new and more relevant people on tv.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:15 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
What are the numbers on the other news outlets? I doubt any place is pulling in 50 mil+ viewers on a nightly basis.
Probably not, but that's not the topic.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:22 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
I doubt that most of us ever heard that she is a lesbian and it wouldn't matter anyway. I don't watch her because I think she is dishonest and her Big Government politics get boring and silly.

Intelligence is immaterial. The Unibomber was also "an enormously talented individual".

Quote:
I've only watched him (shouting) for a few minutes. I must have seen someone else because the Mathews I saw doesn't fit your description at all.

Quote:
Another dishonest idiot who loves Big Government.

Why do you like dishonest idiots so much?

Old 05-30-2013, 10:49 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Off topic. Try to keep up.
Actually it isn't off topic, Fox News is a cable news channel just like MSNBC, I think people should watch less of cable news channels in general.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:00 AM

1,137 posts, read 971,847 times
This is just further proof that the bs opinions put forth on MSNBC about "social justice", "diversity" and "progressive politics" are only sucked up by the few proudly stupid fools who could actually tolerate watching that crap for more than 5 painful seconds.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:24 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
This is just further proof that the bs opinions put forth on MSNBC about "social justice", "diversity" and "progressive politics" are only sucked up by the few proudly stupid fools who could actually tolerate watching that crap for more than 5 painful seconds.
Yet more people on the right enjoy having their crap spoon fed to them by Fox News. Both channels are crap, only progressives are not sitting in front of their televisions having their politics spoon fed to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies