Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 02:45 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,981,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I'm not a Republican. And I never watch cable news.
My point exactly!

A huge number of Republicans are gluing themselves to Fox News day after day ... sending Fox rating way up.

While we "non-Republicans" have better things to do with our time then watch cable news ... hence the small audience for MSNBC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 03:12 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,355,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
If you're predisposed to love the President, as many of you folks are, then of course you wouldn't be interested in a channel that points out all of his many shortcomings. We would be more surprised if you demonstrated a tad bit of objectivity and tuned in to FOX to help you with seeing those shortcomings. Unfortunately, we all know that's not gonna happen.
Ah, yes...FOX...the "fair and balanced" station where you can find out the objective truth about everything. You think Fox is objective? Come on...stop pulling our leg. There are pretty much no objective cable news outlets there. Christ, didn't Fox go to court solely to defend their right to distort the truth and basically lie? And that's where you go for your objective source?

For instance, the FCC's recent inquiry about indecency:

FCC Notice: We now seek comment on whether the full Commission should make changes to its current broadcast indecency policies or maintain them as they are.

Fox News Headline: FCC proposing to allow more sex and profanity during kids’ television viewing hours

That's just dishonest and hardly what the FCC is "proposing". It's complete dishonest partisan entertainment, equivalent to the Weekly World News, meant to do nothing more than rile up the viewer. And you people call the other side low-information and sheep?

Quote:
No, it's about MSNBC and their pitifully small audience.
As someone noted above, there are SO MANY "far-left" (otherwise known as "not far-right") choices out there, that the ratings between them would be diluted. There is only one way-out-in-the-bleachers-right channel, and that's FOX. So everyone who needs their daily dose of paranoia and anger goes there. So of course it will have more viewers.

What it also might point out is that us evil leftists don't need to be fed our news by a single source which just happens to confirm our exact view. It also might explain why it seems that every right winger I hear raging about some issue seems to use the exact same catch phrases. It's all they know. I don't watch any single news source...I prefer to pull from a variety of sources.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:45 PM

50 posts, read 44,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Madow is one of the brightest people on television. I don't often watch her, but when I do I'm worn-out following the detail she presents. The RWNJs really dislke her not just because she's a woman, a lesbian or an assertive personality ... it's because they know she shows-up ready to 'play' the game. An enormously talented individual.

Her and many of the commentators on MSNBC just strike me as smarmy and smug. The facial expressions Maddow makes and the condescending "smartest person in the room" routine gets reeeeaaally old. Many liberal "news people" come accross this way.

Stomach turning.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:27 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,674,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansolo72 View Post
Her and many of the commentators on MSNBC just strike me as smarmy and smug. The facial expressions Maddow makes and the condescending "smartest person in the room" routine gets reeeeaaally old. Many liberal "news people" come accross this way.

Stomach turning.

As someone who leans liberal on most issues, I agree. MSNBC guests or pundits have an elitist demeanor in the way they convey their opinions.

Maddow has already been cornered by Nick Gillespie on Real Time with Bill Maher about a year ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZcGSfwpdd8

Old 05-30-2013, 09:12 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,989,165 times
Default Wow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
My point exactly!

A huge number of Republicans are gluing themselves to Fox News day after day ... sending Fox rating way up.

While we "non-Republicans" have better things to do with our time then watch cable news ... hence the small audience for MSNBC.
Really?

You failed to mention some of the interesting things that you do with your time....Like what?

I'm willing t guess that you spend a lot of time on the internet...Spreading your seeds of wisdom.

Though personally - I think that anyone that spends more than 1 or 2 hours per day on the internet don't lead such interesting lives.

I have to admit that on weekends I can get lost on it for a few hours...

I'm interested...What do liberal democrats do with all their time?

Republicans are out making some $$$$, as you probably already know.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:41 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,981,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Really?

You failed to mention some of the interesting things that you do with your time....Like what?

I'm willing t guess that you spend a lot of time on the internet...Spreading your seeds of wisdom.

Though personally - I think that anyone that spends more than 1 or 2 hours per day on the internet don't lead such interesting lives.

I have to admit that on weekends I can get lost on it for a few hours...

Republicans are out making some $$$$, as you probably already know.

Snorkeling at my favorite beach in nearby La Jolla:

Watching the sunset:

These are the kinds of fun and interesting things I am outside enjoying while you Republicans are sitting at home glued to your "Fox News Channel".

Old 05-31-2013, 06:18 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,871,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Well, Don, it shows that the liberal message, when clearly articulated (as it is on MSNBC) is universally uninteresting and readily ignored.

The strength of the democratic party is in those who do not listen to news, but are more influenced by short "sound bytes" or "dancing with the stars.

Fear not- the collective IQ of America is falling, therefore the democratic party will become stronger.
Too funny and so true.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:20 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,871,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You mad huh ?
Thanks for proving his point. You can't make this stuff up.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:23 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post

Well, they have to stand in line for government hand outs..... that takes a lot of their time.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:12 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Well, they have to stand in line for government hand outs..... that takes a lot of their time.
Who waits in line for that, we get it on a credit card, you get it in the mail when you register as a democrat!

We also get a bonus for every time we vote democrat each election, it is so awesome. I bought myself two iPhones after the 2012 election!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies