Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 10:44 AM

376 posts, read 295,794 times

Advertisements

Other flags are blue, red & white or white, blue and red. Ours is red, white and blue. Does that clear it up for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 10:46 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,194,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Don't forget our beloved stars and stripes. We love red, white, and blue simply because they are our flag colors. They also look awesome together and make a great decorating scheme for a room or two in your house.
Not so with red, white and blue clothing seen at a teabagger rally, that is just hideous.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:48 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,553 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
All flags are made in china, you know this.
sarcasm ? Or are you making this statement to show some point im not getting ?

Old 05-30-2013, 12:23 PM

712 posts, read 1,366,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
sarcasm ? Or are you making this statement to show some point im not getting ?
Bubba, its called telling the truth. Look it up, most flags ARE manufactured overseas!

Old 05-30-2013, 12:26 PM

226 posts, read 230,024 times
The American flag invokes pride and patriotism. I find it pleasing to look at on any given day.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:37 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdCanadian View Post
The country you had a Revolution from also has red white and blue on their flag. England.

other countries with red white and blue:

Australia
New Zealand
France
Thailand

the only thing I can think is red white and blue is not Mexican and not Canadian.

I'm going to apply to be the Director (Department/ Agency Head) of the Canadian Department of Tourism. I have some great slogans for Canada including:

"Canada... a GREAT place to take a dump!"
"Canada... where we tout our free healthcare and live of another country's military!"
"Canada... if you aren't wanted anywhere else, you'll probably fit in just fine because we aren't wanted anywhere else either!"
"Canada... where we had to legalize pot because this place sucks!"
"Canada... where it's men are considered to have the smallest penises in the world because it's so fricken' cold!"

Canada...

Take off you hoser.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:37 PM

712 posts, read 1,366,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Jim Robinson View Post
The American flag invokes pride and patriotism. I find it pleasing to look at on any given day.
I use it to clean my furniture with pledge, that part with the stars has a good scrubbing capability, gets rid of coffee rings and tough spots.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:42 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times
Quote:
The country you had a Revolution from also has red white and blue on their flag. England.

Australia
New Zealand
France
Thailand

the only thing I can think is red white and blue is not Mexican and not Canadian.

You have left out a few Nations with Red-White-Blue flags.

Red, White and Blue is the color for the Pan-Slav movement and is the color of the flags of

The Russian Federation
Slovakia
Serbia
Slovenia
Croatia
Republic of Srpska

The flag of Cuba is red white and blue as is Puerto Rica and Chile

Another red white and blue tricolor is the flag of the Netherlands.

The flag of England is not red white and blue, it is the red vertical cross of St George on a white background. The Union Jack is red white and blue for it incorporates the elements of the flags of England, Scotland (Cross of St. Andrew) and Ireland (Cross of St. patrick).

Old 05-30-2013, 02:32 PM

910 posts, read 1,319,124 times
It's a specific color combination designed to keep loony liberal performance artists from defecating on the flag. This historical documentary explains more fully:

Mr. Show - Founding Fathers - YouTube

Old 05-30-2013, 02:41 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:

Australia
New Zealand
France
Thailand

So you woke up this morning, scratched yourself and figured you had a need to bash Americans?
And after careful consideration the thing you came up with was our affinity for a troika of colors?

And here I thought you foreigners had superior intellects? LOL!

Look, I am an old country boy from the south. I cut my teeth on American Jingoism. My Grandpa had a “don’t tread on me” flag on the wall of his house all my life. He died of old age 15 years BEFORE the Tea Party thought that was a good idea, and I can come up with a few dozen better ways to bash America and Americans! LOL!

Dude, the fact Judith Hill got bumped from The Voice a couple nights ago is a better reason to Bash Americans!

You need to head back to the University of Brisbane and get some more indoctrination… I mean education…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies