Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2013, 05:59 AM

28,840 posts, read 30,088,362 times

Advertisements

Everytime I watch this, it all but brings me to tears, and is the reason Why I started watching this show...this speech is an all time classic, so true, and I so wish American's would wake up...seriously...
I see threads all the time, about haters of Obama....people do not hate Obama, they hate his policies and what he has done to this country...same with Bush, people didn't hate Bush, they hated his policies, and the way our government does business....this country is no longer great, b/c of us, "we the people" and when we scrape up some intellectual awareness, and start realizing, one party is no better then the other...things will change, until then, we will constantly come up with idiotic assumptions, like, we hate the man...we don't hate the man, we hate what is happening to this country...period...and what each party has slowly done to this country over the past 40 years....yanno, what really amazes me, ya'll come in and post threads about each party, but never seem to get it...I'm 65 and all I've seen is this....first the republicans get in, then the democrates get in, over and over and over again, and nothing, but nothing has gotten better...we've done wrong by this country and by the people who lost they're lives fighting for our freedoms...and slowly but surely, our freedoms are being taken away from us. This didn't happen over night, this has been going on for quit some time, years...actually, and if you don't get it soon, we will destroy what was once a thriving powerful nation all to greed...what he says is the truth, but also an opening pilot for the Newsroom. A really great show...and all you angry folks, please do not come into this thread, and spew your vile that this show leans towards liberals or towards conservatives...it is a truthful show which stays on the fence, addressing issues that really happened, and if you refuse to see it, then I feel very sorry for this country....what this show is saying, is the truth...and what some of you out there do understand and believe...when I come into CD and read some of the threads, like young people so offended by what is written on FB? Or like, others are so worried about gay rights? My GOD, there are way more important issues going on and you don't even see it...one being, they are breaking this country in two...our systems no longer work, competence, compliance and efficent work etchics are no longer a part of our every day jobs...when your leaders are corrupt, so will your people be! Period!

Why America is NOT the greatest country in the world, anymore - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 06:29 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,910,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Everytime I watch this, it all but brings me to tears, and is the reason Why I started watching this show...this speech is an all time classic, so true, and I so wish American's would wake up...seriously...
I see threads all the time, about haters of Obama....people do not hate Obama, they hate his policies and what he has done to this country...same with Bush, people didn't hate Bush, they hated his policies, and the way our government does business....this country is no longer great, b/c of us, "we the people" and when we scrape up some intellectual awareness, and start realizing, one party is no better then the other...things will change, until then, we will constantly come up with idiotic assumptions, like, we hate the man...we don't hate the man, we hate what is happening to this country...period...and what each party has slowly done to this country over the past 40 years....yanno, what really amazes me, ya'll come in and post threads about each party, but never seem to get it...I'm 65 and all I've seen is this....first the republicans get in, then the democrates get in, over and over and over again, and nothing, but nothing has gotten better...we've done wrong by this country and by the people who lost they're lives fighting for our freedoms...and slowly but surely, our freedoms are being taken away from us. This didn't happen over night, this has been going on for quit some time, years...actually, and if you don't get it soon, we will destroy what was once a thriving powerful nation all to greed...what he says is the truth, but also an opening pilot for the Newsroom. A really great show...and all you angry folks, please do not come into this thread, and spew your vile that this show leans towards liberals or towards conservatives...it is a truthful show which stays on the fence, addressing issues that really happened, and if you refuse to see it, then I feel very sorry for this country....what this show is saying, is the truth...and what some of you out there do understand and believe...when I come into CD and read some of the threads, like young people so offended by what is written on FB? Or like, others are so worried about gay rights? My GOD, there are way more important issues going on and you don't even see it...one being, they are breaking this country in two...our systems no longer work, competence, compliance and efficent work etchics are no longer a part of our every day jobs...when your leaders are corrupt, so will your people be! Period!
Those two emboldened lines sums up your post.

Emboldened sentence 1 is clarified by emboldened sentence 2.

Old 05-30-2013, 06:30 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,208,256 times

Roy Orbison - Crying (from The Roy Orbison Show) - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies