Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 06:26 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times

Advertisements

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...court-date-set

A trial date has been set in an Iowa lawsuit alleging that U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann’s presidential campaign stole and misused an email distribution list maintained by an Iowa home-school group.

On Wednesday, the seven-day trial in Heki v. Bachmann was scheduled to start May 14, 2014, court records show.

The lawsuit names the Minnesota congresswoman, her campaign, former campaign chairman Kent Sorenson (an Iowa state senator) and five other Republican operatives, along with their personal business entities. It alleges that Sorenson stole the home-schooler database off Barbara Heki’s personal computer in early November 2011 as it sat in a Bachmann campaign office in Urbandale.

Court documents allege other campaign officials knew of and supported the theft, which quickly led to the Hekis being kicked off the Network of Iowa Christian Home Educators’ board of directors.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:28 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,042 times
I don't like Bachmann from what I've seen, but I really don't see how this is news. I seriously doubt Bachmann was directly involved in electronic espionage, she was too busy posing for that photo that Time magazine ran on the front cover.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
I don't like Bachmann from what I've seen, but I really don't see how this is news. I seriously doubt Bachmann was directly involved in electronic espionage, she was too busy posing for that photo that Time magazine ran on the front cover.
It usually makes the news when Congress Reps go to court accused of criminal acts. It highlights the "culture of corrpuption in DC " FOX has been going on about for weeks now. Stragely enough, they are not covering this case .

Can you imagine the "outrage" if Obama had stolen the data? You'd never hear the end of it.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 05-30-2013 at 07:40 AM..

Old 05-30-2013, 10:04 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Culture of corruptions. That is what the democrats ran on when Bush was in office. Funny how that gets turned around when the power shifts. Now you lefties are caught in your games and want to act like some email list is some culture of corruption when folks are killed at our embassies and the IRS is illegally targeting political groups. Good luck with your new culture of corruption battle cry. Nobody cares about Bachmann except crazy liberals.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:10 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
A trial date has been set in an Iowa lawsuit alleging that U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann’s presidential campaign stole and misused an email distribution list maintained by an Iowa home-school group.
Horrors. This puts Holder's Fast and Furious, the IRS scandals, the AP phone scandal, and Benghazi to shame.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:11 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,576,379 times
I think she should try the Flip Wilson defense, 'The Devil Made me do it".

Old 05-30-2013, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Culture of corruptions. That is what the democrats ran on when Bush was in office. Funny how that gets turned around when the power shifts. Now you lefties are caught in your games and want to act like some email list is some culture of corruption
I dont' think Bachmann is a lefty. Why would you say that?

Old 05-30-2013, 11:42 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Culture of corruptions. That is what the democrats ran on when Bush was in office. Funny how that gets turned around when the power shifts. Now you lefties are caught in your games and want to act like some email list is some culture of corruption when folks are killed at our embassies and the IRS is illegally targeting political groups. Good luck with your new culture of corruption battle cry. Nobody cares about Bachmann except crazy liberals.
YEP!

Like rats leaving a sinking ship we'll now see the self-Righteous hypocrites who would hold Obama responsible for a kid getting the measles in Iowa conveniently forgetting any association they've ever had with Ms Bachmann. The only differences are the rats are more trustworthy and loyal.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Horrors. This puts Holder's Fast and Furious, the IRS scandals, the AP phone scandal, and Benghazi to shame.
A politician caught stealing is a scandal, since she was personally involved in a crime. You can claim IRS and Bengazi are scandals, but no one is buying because Bengazi happend, but on one made it happen, and the IRS thing has no connection to the Congress or the WH, and it is also something which has happend in the past and no one cared. It is what it is.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:45 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It usually makes the news when Congress Reps go to court accused of criminal acts. It highlights the "culture of corrpuption in DC " FOX has been going on about for weeks now. Stragely enough, they are not covering this case .

Can you imagine the "outrage" if Obama had stolen the data? You'd never hear the end of it.

Yeah, except that nobody died because an e-mail list was stolen. Don't get me wrong I'm all for this being investigated and those guilty being punished, but let's keep things in perspective.

Eric Holder can't say that about his screwup, and not sure if you've heard of this little thing that happened in Libya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies