Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 12:22 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Huh? Helen's issues with Bush are well documented.

That's why I find her criticisms of Obama's administration to carry some weight where if it were some partisan blowhard from Fox I'd dismiss them.

That's kinda the whole point.

You keep trying to change the dialogue to Bush.
Helen was quickly "removed" early in the game by this administration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 12:41 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Huh? Helen's issues with Bush are well documented.

That's why I find her criticisms of Obama's administration to carry some weight where if it were some partisan blowhard from Fox I'd dismiss them.

That's kinda the whole point.

You keep trying to change the dialogue to Bush.
ALL of her criticisms should carry some weight... one of them actually got her out of her job (and do you recall what that was?). But that isn't the point... retaliation was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Really? Your history has quite a flavor.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:43 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
She kinda removed herself.

However, she was gone wayyyyy before the honeymoon period of the wars, guantanamo etc. were starting to end.

I mean, I didn't start really turning on Obama on those topics until around then as I gave him the benefit of the doubt to work on it initially. After a while I realized he was following the Bush-Cheney handbook.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
ALL of her criticisms should carry some weight... one of them actually got her out of her job (and do you recall what that was?). But that isn't the point... retaliation was.
The point of the thread is the press corps relationship with Obama.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:46 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
We have this backlash and outrage from the media because they do not like how it was done, a secret warrant through the FISA Court. Too damn bad. Maybe next time they will think twice before leaking classified information to our enemies.

Obviously they did not collect any narrow and specific evidence, in accordance with the warrant, or there would be reporters being charged under the Espionage Act of 1917.
Please. Our enemies (and China is no ally) have been extracting top secret classified information from all of our government agencies and corporations for years. Whatever the press is "leaking to our enemies" is nothing compared to what our enemies already know.

Obama just admitted that China has been hacking into government agencies for years. When the President of China meets with the mayor of California (yesterday?) and then the President, it's because they want something and Obama will serve it up.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:57 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
The point of the thread is the press corps relationship with Obama.
In your hatred, you forget to differentiate between a person (the President) and his administration. It is also why you would rather simply stick with only Obama and detested the idea of mention of previous administrations and its take on such relationships, a reason you cherry picked a quote that had no retaliation, and ignored the one with greater consequence. Deflection? Perhaps.

Now, this thread is really about couple of media agencies refusing to meet the AG off the record.

Old 05-30-2013, 04:03 PM

5,466 posts, read 4,423,692 times
Clock is ticking toward wed deadline to answer a set of questions concerning how he answered the questions.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:53 PM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Please. Our enemies (and China is no ally) have been extracting top secret classified information from all of our government agencies and corporations for years. Whatever the press is "leaking to our enemies" is nothing compared to what our enemies already know.

Obama just admitted that China has been hacking into government agencies for years. When the President of China meets with the mayor of California (yesterday?) and then the President, it's because they want something and Obama will serve it up.
How do you know what the press is leaking to foreign governments, granted one of the situations that North Korea was going to threaten to retaliate is really nothing, but the press corp. leaked that we had infiltrated Al Queda in Yemen, that is serious. I'm not agreeing with what was done it will come out in the end but the government could claim that anything is classified, do you really want the press to rely on just the information that government provides, if we did Nixon would have never left office.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:34 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Holder to Press: This meeting is off the record. But let me go on record by saying that if anything said in this meeting gets released to the public, I will deny it because this meeting is off the record.

Pretty much sums up Holder the scumbag liar and a deceiftul person. Guy is not even a good liar.

He never seems to know a damn thing, except when it is for his convenience. Lo and behold, then we find out he was not forthcoming in telling us the truth, imagine that.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
In your hatred, you forget to differentiate between a person (the President) and his administration. It is also why you would rather simply stick with only Obama and detested the idea of mention of previous administrations and its take on such relationships, a reason you cherry picked a quote that had no retaliation, and ignored the one with greater consequence. Deflection? Perhaps.

Now, this thread is really about couple of media agencies refusing to meet the AG off the record.
Um, I don't hate Obama whatsoever, I actually kinda like the guy. I'm disappointed in some of his presidential actions though. I've even been called a liberal loon for daring to defend aspects of Obamacare in threads around here.

When I refer to Obama I mean it to be his administration, heck, they all serve at his pleasure....they are one and the same as he is the leader.

The quote from Helen was right there in her wikipedia profile right after all the section on her relationship with Bush. Since we are discussing the Obama whitehouse and not the Bush whitehouse it was appropriate.

Basically, you used the spat between helen and Bush to try to deflect the discussion but she had some negative comments to make about the obama admin as well....and of course you didn't want to face that reality.

It's funny watching partisan nutjobs flail wildly when confronted and try to use their bag of tricks and paint others as being the irrational partisan. Delicious irony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies