Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 01:35 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,820,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
And the licensing of all firearm owners would better insure that those who possess them are trained, background checked, mentally sound and law abiding citizens prior to owning them. As a citizen, I don't care what gun you own or where you own it. I only care that you are properly trained in the uses, mentally competent and certified for safety of ownership. Remember, "Guns don't kill people, People do."
With freedom, comes responsibility. Since gun owners want total control of their guns with no agency, no reasonable restrictions and no oversight, then they own the whole gun issue in American Society. If that's the case, then It's time the gun advocates step up to the plate and take responsibility.
You can't claim ownership of the gun issue while denying any and all responsibility for it's results on society.

It is none of your damn business if another person is trained, background checked, mentally sound and a law abiding citizen prior to owning firearms because those people also have a GOD given right to protect themselves along with a GOD given right to overtake and restructure the government whenever it becomes oppressive and tyrannical.

But STUPID people would think themselves the best decided of who should and who should not be able to defend themselves. Only STUPID people like gun control advocates would believe that those in power would NEVER abuse that power by first demanding all firearms be registered, then rounding up the firearms, and maybe even rounding up the people owning the firearms... because government has ZERO example of EVER trampling on human rights.

Wow.

The firearm rights possessed by people in this country are 1st and foremost to fight off the country if it ever became oppressive. How can that be done if we are first required (and can be denied) to register our firearms? How can we fight off a tyrannical government if that government possess full auto weapons as well as other serious weapons that it's citizens are prevented from possessing? The government has tanks with big guns and full auto stuff and... while the American citizen must first BEG the government for permission to own a gun, then must register it, then must register all the ammunition or else they are considered a felon?

I think we better start on registering and licensing the free speech of people like you first. That way we'll have an easier time rounding all of you up... er I mean checking to make sure you remained compliant with the laws and regulations.

Last edited by KS_Referee; 05-30-2013 at 01:50 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 01:55 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
In what way are they not similar? In both cases someone broke an arbitrary law in order to save a life.

I realize that the intellectually deficient throw tantrums and call names when they can't debate logically, no surprise.

Tissue?
Real ****ing easy. In your example, the law was broken for the sole purpose of saving someone's life. In this example, the law was in a constant state of violation. For your example to be more apt would have someone swimming in a no swimming zone, finding someone else drowning, and then saving them.

If you want to take it a step further, there are things like "good Samaritan laws" and the like that shield those who take these kinds of actions from civil (or rarely, criminal) prosecution resulting from their actions. That would not apply in the case of an unregistered firearm, however.

That's your intellectual ass beating for the afternoon.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:57 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
How many laws did you break this week and not even know it was a law? Then how many that you knew where illegal?

Life, liberty and the pursuit of property.
I'm sure you feel your personal liberty is more important than all others, too.
Why are you making assumptions about what I think/believe? I'm actually very pro-Second Amendment; however, this individual was in violation of the law. Whether the law is constitutional is irrelevant to this discussion because it is currently on the books and enforceable. If you think it's unconstitutional, work to change it...but that does not excuse your obligation to follow it. If you don't like DC's gun laws, work to change them or don't live in DC.

As for what he actually did...I have no problem with it. But I'm not going to froth at the mouth because he was fined $1k either.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:05 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,820,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Why are you making assumptions about what I think/believe? I'm actually very pro-Second Amendment; however, this individual was in violation of the law. Whether the law is constitutional is irrelevant to this discussion because it is currently on the books and enforceable. If you think it's unconstitutional, work to change it...but that does not excuse your obligation to follow it. If you don't like DC's gun laws, work to change them or don't live in DC.

As for what he actually did...I have no problem with it. But I'm not going to froth at the mouth because he was fined $1k either.

Well maybe slavery was moral and everyone should have been compliant with returning all the runaway slaves because it was legal to own people, and the law required you to return a runaway slave back before the 14th Amendment.

An unjust law is unjust, and EVERYONE should have the fortitude to stand up to an unjust law. Sadly, with police abuses, government abuses, corruption, etc., many people are afraid to stand up to unjust laws and the scum lawmakers that write unjust laws.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:19 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Well maybe slavery was moral and everyone should have been compliant with returning all the runaway slaves because it was legal to own people, and the law required you to return a runaway slave back before the 14th Amendment.

An unjust law is unjust, and EVERYONE should have the fortitude to stand up to an unjust law. Sadly, with police abuses, government abuses, corruption, etc., many people are afraid to stand up to unjust laws and the scum lawmakers that write unjust laws.
Except I don't see anything unjust about gun registration.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:22 PM

349 posts, read 260,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
DC Man Who Shot Pit Bull to Save a Boys Life is Fined $1,000

Shockingly in DC and even more shockingly this story didn"t seem to be covered by the mainstream media. Liberalism is a vile, filthy, disgusting ideology that has caused rot and decay to a once vibrant nation!

Quote:
The only problem was that this real life hero lives in the wrong place,
Washington D.C. He is now required to pay a $1,000 fine for the three
unregistered firearms and the ammunition that investigators found in his
possession.
Quote:
Politicians may not understand why some of us citizens prefer not to
register our firearms, but maybe they would rather know exactly what firearms we
own than to see our guns used to save lives.
So the guy had 3 unregistered guns and the idiot who wrote the authored that dishrag of an article is telling us how "certain" folk should not have to legally register their firearms.

And this is somehow a "liberal" conspiracy."

One size fits all...

Old 05-30-2013, 02:30 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,601,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
How many laws did you break this week and not even know it was a law? Then how many that you knew where illegal?

Life, liberty and the pursuit of property.
I'm sure you feel your personal liberty is more important than all others, too.
Talk about a trick question! I dont know what I dont know. But I bet there is someone who could list them for you in exchange for a minute in the spotlight.

The bottom line is that it does not matter. if I am caught breaking a law, even one I dont know about, I have to face the consequences. otherwise there is no more rule of law and society breaks down. Cant have that, who would issue permits for Hollywood to make more movies?

Old 05-30-2013, 02:30 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post

He didn't stand up to it either until he was stone-cold busted under it.

What's your history of standing up against this unjust law? DC's gun laws are some of the harshest in the nation and this is not a secret.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:43 PM

382 posts, read 588,096 times
DC is largely black. So you will get stupid thinking like Shelia Jackson Lee, don't blame the gangbangers blame the guns kind of crack logic.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:50 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Question Are you angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
DC Man Who Shot Pit Bull to Save a Boys Life is Fined $1,000

Shockingly in DC and even more shockingly this story didn"t seem to be covered by the mainstream media. Liberalism is a vile, filthy, disgusting ideology that has caused rot and decay to a once vibrant nation!

You sound angry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies