Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 09:56 AM

3,223 posts, read 9,626,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
You realize that people are more than the sum of their religion and that people of all religions, or the non-religious, can share similar or differing viewpoints and ways of living?

How do other people's experiences impact your life that you need to know this? I feel this is just another thread with a veiled attempt to put certain women down, this time by religious affiliation.
I'm not trying to get in a political correctness contest here. I know Catholic girls because where I live there are many, though I haven't date any of them. I've dated two who happened to be hispanic Pentecostal who wasn't religious for a long time, came from a strict background but had her own beliefs on top of it. Besides that I've only dated Indian. So I'm genuinely asking this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2013, 10:00 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
I thought of this recently and from observations this sounds it could be true, or maybe a preference I've developed or maybe I'm wrong. Are Baptists women more family oriented and with stronger morals and values than Catholics? I'll leave it to you to spin into details. I grew up in NJ where we have both but when I go south a lot I see a difference and when I went into it, I noticed the religion is a bit different.

Baptists/Protestant/Methodists

or

Catholic/ less-religious

This is pretty out there..........so let me ask you something..........

Do guys from New York or Massachusetts make better boyfriends and husbands? Are they more family oriented with stronger morals and values than those from New Jersey?
I've noticed they are a wee bit different masculinity and personality wise.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:07 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,074,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
I'm not trying to get in a political correctness contest here. I know Catholic girls because where I live there are many, though I haven't date any of them. I've dated two who happened to be hispanic Pentecostal who wasn't religious for a long time, came from a strict background but had her own beliefs on top of it. Besides that I've only dated Indian. So I'm genuinely asking this.
If you are genuinely curious,I was married to a devout Catholic woman for 10 years...she turned out to be pretty immoral by the end of our run...been with an AoG woman for 18yrs now...very moral,but batchit crazy sometimes..so,you'll just have to figure out what you think on your own...personally I'm not interested in anything the Catholic Church has to say about anything...I studied it and from my own interpretation I see them as an evil outfit although I do like the fish on Friday thing...as for the members, they are no different than any other people(although from what I saw first hand they were loaded with drunks)...some fantastic and moral people with great family values and some are worthess trash...that goes for any other religious or denominational belief system out there..good/bad

Old 05-30-2013, 11:04 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
If you are genuinely curious,I was married to a devout Catholic woman for 10 years...she turned out to be pretty immoral by the end of our run...been with an AoG woman for 18yrs now...very moral,but batchit crazy sometimes..so,you'll just have to figure out what you think on your own...personally I'm not interested in anything the Catholic Church has to say about anything...I studied it and from my own interpretation I see them as an evil outfit although I do like the fish on Friday thing...as for the members, they are no different than any other people(although from what I saw first hand they were loaded with drunks)...some fantastic and moral people with great family values and some are worthess trash...that goes for any other religious or denominational belief system out there..good/bad
Though presently of neither faith, fish on Friday is as much a, southern, Baptist tradition. I know having grown up in such an environment though I also served some time attending Catholic services for a couple of years. Fried chicken, was more of a Sunday, most any day of the week, delicacy with southern household.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:08 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Q: Why do the Dutch Reformed prohibit sex in a standing-up position?

A: It might lead to dancing.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:14 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,580,303 times
Some are, some aren't - just like the answer to the rest of the threads about millions of people.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:17 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
A Catholic, Baptist and Pentacostal are having lunch by the river.

The Catholic says I bet I can walk on water like Jesus. The other two say lets see. So the Catholic gets up and gingerly walks across to the others side. Then the Pentacostal says I'm next and trots across without falling in. The the Baptist tries and falls in. The Catholic looks at the Pentacostal and says "should we tell him where the rocks are?" The Pentacostal say naugh, I'm enjoying his interpretation Jesus at the river Jordan.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:21 AM

1,137 posts, read 971,643 times
The best kind of gf is one that doesnt believe in fairy tales like religion.

Given that women are already naturally a bit crazy, adding in the schizophrenic factor called religion certainly will not help.

Best of all, they wont hold themselves back from putting out unlike religious chicks who wont give it up because some fictional book told them to wait until marriage.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:26 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,680,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
The best kind of gf is one that doesnt believe in fairy tales like religion.

Given that women are already naturally a bit crazy, adding in the schizophrenic factor called religion certainly will not help.

Best of all, they wont hold themselves back from putting out unlike religious chicks who wont give it up because some fictional book told them to wait until marriage.
You ain't ever dated any Mormon girls have you.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:29 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
My fiancee and I are both non-religious and very happy with each other. As for religious girls, I once dated a Jewish girl and really enjoyed that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies