Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2013, 10:53 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,356,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Irresepctive of whom he works for, why is his comment incorrect?

There were lots of good people in the pews while institutional segregation and "Jim Crow" laws were enacted. Some even stayed in the pews as racial hatred flowed from the plupit. Whom did they work for?

Some even stayed in the pews for as long as twenty years while "racial hatred flowed from the pulpit".

People who oppose gay marriage are like Christians who used the Bible to support apartheid and slavery, says bishop-th.jpg

Old 05-30-2013, 10:59 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,485,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Maybe I did, I don't know what causes someone to be attracted to what their body does not match. There is a disconnect somewhere for it not to match.

I could say the same thing about being infertile. God did it, but I know better. My body is human and it did it for the reason that we are human and human bodies don't work right sometimes. Many gays do not act out and should not be put down for that.
Janelle, there is not a disconnect. That is just an excuse to discriminate. If you do not know if you chose to be straight, then how the heck can you say we chose to be gay. Please keep your god to yourself and out of my life. What do you mean, act out?

Old 05-30-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
No one chooses their sexuality. I didn't choose to be straight. I was attracted to the opposite sex before I knew the difference between heterosexuality and homosexuality.

One's sexuality may not be a conscious choice, but it is thought, voluntary behavior and absolutely nothing else.

Because homosexual behavior is voluntary, as is thought, homosexuality is a voluntary endeavor.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:01 PM

Quote:
No the tenants of the bible. I agree most are not like Christ but when people talk about Christ and speak of the Ten Commandants so many get mad. Too many people pleasers today, that is for sure.
It is not tenants, dear. I cannot believe how some screw that up. It is tenets, aka rules, not tenants, aka renters.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
When did you make a conscious choice to be heterosexual?

Did you find both men and women equally sexually attractive?

What went into the decision process?

It doesn't have to be a choice to be voluntary thought and behavior.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:04 PM

23,655 posts, read 17,496,407 times
U.S. Bishops on Marriage: The Catholic Church's Teachings on Marriage

What is marriage? Are a man and a woman really essential to marriage? What about the child … and the role of mothers and fathers? Is it discriminatory to defend marriage as the union of one man and one woman? What impact does the redefinition of marriage have on religious liberty?
These are just a few of the many questions about marriage today. They all hinge upon the first question: What is marriage? When the answer to this question is understood, everything else falls into its proper place.
Marriage is unique for a reason. We invite you now to find out why:

Old 05-30-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
You get saying the truth mixed up with condemning. When one quotes the bible and you don't like it, is that condemning? No one can re-write the bible, sorry.
Are you reading a 2000 year old original copy of your bible, or one in English and the King James version. King James did not like parts of the bible and had them rewritten as have many rulers, kings and churches over the past 2000 plus years. It is not in its original text nor in its original language. When one quotes their bible to condone discrimating against anyone, then yes it is using your bible to condemn others. Stop forcing your bible and beliefs on everyone.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
It is not tenants, dear. I cannot believe how some screw that up. It is tenets, aka rules, not tenants, aka renters.
Thanks, spell check doesn't catch everything.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Are you reading a 2000 year old original copy of your bible, or one in English and the King James version. King James did not like parts of the bible and had them rewritten as have many rulers, kings and churches over the past 2000 plus years. It is not in its original text nor in its original language. When one quotes their bible to condone discrimating against anyone, then yes it is using your bible to condemn others. Stop forcing your bible and beliefs on everyone.
No King James version in the Catholic Church. No force here, unless you want to take it that way.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Janelle, there is not a disconnect. That is just an excuse to discriminate. If you do not know if you chose to be straight, then how the heck can you say we chose to be gay. Please keep your god to yourself and out of my life. What do you mean, act out?
You know a good way for me to stay out of your life? DON'T READ MY POSTS.

Act out, you know, have sexual relations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.