Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2013, 07:58 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
What? Can you translate from gibberish to English, please?
nothing personal I just can't be bothered.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:06 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,199,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
you forgot something, i don't really care because i don't know anyone in ciber space and i'm only jotting idea's down.....to see how they look. If some ciber person can't understand it, thats ok and has nothing to do with the great day i'm having, great weather and so on and some time off. (Even though it really would be best if the world woke up and noticed the coffee, making me emperor of the whole human race.. nothing is perfect.
I don't want to see inside your head if those are the "ideas" coming out of it.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:46 PM

The whole thing is boring and heres a simple analogy

If a very small percentage of neighborhoods were total swingers, what would happen in they started having parades and going around holding hands and whatever in a crowd..

and also getting their calculator out saying oh we deserve this now...add it all up and there should be whatever exemption or who knows what.

why should the gay crowd be allowed to rock the boat with all their stuff complaining over and over. ...its a weird example to set for the youth, has no value and serves no purpose....who the heck wants to hear about other peoples exact intimate needs...hetro or whatever.. who cares. Except now all the known expense and money involve, research ect.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:48 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,815,402 times
Why is it that the main issue concerning gay marriage and the opposition...of it is always classed as some sort of religious thing...or some sort of Christian hate....In my case I don't like it much from an intellectual point of view...You don't have to be religious to oppose these types of unions...You might simply not like the idea.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:53 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,865,611 times
As long as your 'intellectual' point of view does not obstruct my right to conduct my life the way I want in equal freedom to you and everyone else. That equal freedom is for me to be able to marry my partner as you would be able to marry yours. As far as idea's and intellectual point of views... they are yours and you can do with them as you like as I can do with mine own as I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Why is it that the main issue concerning gay marriage and the opposition...of it is always classed as some sort of religious thing...or some sort of Christian hate....In my case I don't like it much from an intellectual point of view...You don't have to be religious to oppose these types of unions...You might simply not like the idea.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:57 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,865,611 times
what would be wrong with swingers holding a parade? As long as they don't break any laws laws, than 'swing away' in that parade.

You may not agree with it and that is your right, but it isn't your right to take away others' freedom... that is a far more dangerous proposition than your moral objections and personal beliefs that you would want to force on others. In other words the last part of my last sentence is why most world wars have started and human suffrage has been attributed to through human history.

btw there is nothing stopping you from organizing a parade of your own...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
The whole thing is boring and heres a simple analogy

If a very small percentage of neighborhoods were total swingers, what would happen in they started having parades and going around holding hands and whatever in a crowd..

and also getting their calculator out saying oh we deserve this now...add it all up and there should be whatever exemption or who knows what.

why should the gay crowd be allowed to rock the boat with all their stuff complaining over and over. ...its a weird example to set for the youth, has no value and serves no purpose....who the heck wants to hear about other peoples exact intimate needs...hetro or whatever.. who cares. Except now all the known expense and money involve, research ect.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
what would be wrong with swingers holding a parade? As long as they don't break any laws laws, than 'swing away' in that parade.

You may not agree with it and that is your right, but it isn't your right to take away others' freedom... that is a far more dangerous proposition than your moral objections and personal beliefs that you would want to force on others. In other words the last part of my last sentence is why most world wars have started and human suffrage has been attributed to through human history.

btw there is nothing stopping you from organizing a parade of your own...
Whats wrong with it just from a general birds eye view, is it's only one of many...
gay parades
swinger parades
redhead parades
skinny babe parades
big butt parades
big all over parades
doing it upside down parades
and
on
and
on
and
on

so whats left is a boNkErS society. And a bOnKeRs example to set the youth and the people themselves.

As far as freedom is concerned the Gay Movement obstructs the freedom for the people to live in a non BoNkErS society without being bugged in crucial times with this weird stuff.

So the people who get married hetro, have the right to be free from being classified in the traditional agreement and its contribution to the species -apart and distant from the gay relationship. There isn't even a comparison. So the gay movement interferes with freedom.

Last edited by stargazzer; 05-31-2013 at 10:00 PM..

Old 05-31-2013, 09:38 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,769,275 times
Quote:
Pretty much because intellectual and anti-gay are mutually exclusive. There is no intellectual argument against gay marriage, and probably 95% of opposition is based on religious or tradition views, thus why that's usually what's mentioned.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:50 PM

33,527 posts, read 37,125,817 times
Quote:
Ironic then that you ARE religious isn't it.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:58 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,333,502 times
Quote:
The major problem with this viewpoint, of course, is the fact that there is not one single reason whatsoever to oppose same sex marriage that doesn't stem from hate, fear, ignorance, bigotry or some combination of those things. Not one.

To preclude consenting adult couples from marrying based solely on their gender is the very definition of bigotry and discrimination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies