Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 05:35 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Speaking as a Jew...most of the offensive things I hear that make my ears prick up are unintentional, i.e. people are ignorant and don't understand that what they're saying is offensive to Jews. I sometimes gently point it out while explaining why Jews find a particular word or remark offensive. Sometimes I don't bother.
yo mean like our Vice president?

Biden: Jewish leaders helped gay marriage succeed

Old 05-31-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Agreed with the stupid thread assessment.

I'm Christian and I believe Jews are God's chosen people.

I certainly don't hate them, but have to wonder about their propensity to vote D. Politically, they don't seem too bright.
Most Jews in America don't care about God, the Torah, the Jewish People, Israel etc.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
According to Christianity there is only 1 God.

But we have 2 in the Bible, the Jewish God and the Christian one.

I say this because any self-respecting Jew will tell you that they are NOT the same.

So I ask again, which one is the true one?
The Jewish God and Christian one is the same
the problem Judaism has with Christianity is that they added 2 more god on top of the real one.

there is only 1 god
not 3=1 and 1=3 gods.
that is Judaism main theological problem with Christianity

Old 05-31-2013, 05:53 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Meh. I used to have a Jewish husband. Now I have a Goy Toy.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:53 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
Quote:
I think they must do because they have taken over the Hebrew Bible, allowed massacres of the race in the past (ie: Nazis), and still preach the word of division.

I've put this thread here as it's not meant to be a scriptural, religious debate - more one of ideology and politics.

So if the Christians love Jesus so much, why must they base their religion on the book of another, ie:OT.

It really doesn't add up.

And where was the Pope when Hitler was having his party, take a guess - he was in collusion with the monster!

Jesus IS Jewish!
good grief what a stupid thread
if anyone hates Jews it is the progressives!!

Old 05-31-2013, 06:01 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
I think they must do because they have taken over the Hebrew Bible, allowed massacres of the race in the past (ie: Nazis), and still preach the word of division.

I've put this thread here as it's not meant to be a scriptural, religious debate - more one of ideology and politics.

So if the Christians love Jesus so much, why must they base their religion on the book of another, ie:OT.

It really doesn't add up.

And where was the Pope when Hitler was having his party, take a guess - he was in collusion with the monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Despite being a recovering Catholic, I consider your post one of the most idiotic threads of the day.
I'm solidly Protestent, and feel exactly the same way. I think he posts solely for the shock value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
Jesus IS Jewish!
good grief what a stupid thread
if anyone hates Jews it is the progressives!!
I'm pretty sure they're equal opportunity haters.

Old 05-31-2013, 06:18 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
The Jewish God and Christian one is the same
the problem Judaism has with Christianity is that they added 2 more god on top of the real one.

there is only 1 god
not 3=1 and 1=3 gods.
that is Judaism main theological problem with Christianity
The holy trinity: "One God, three Persons" as prescribed by the Niceans.

I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

After all, God (singular) is omnipresent.

As humans, ultimately, we cannot comprehend God. If God made us, who made God? It's like trying to comprehend Pi (π)

The only real difference is that Jews are waiting for the Messiah, and we believe he has already been sacrificed.

I totally agree with Dale Cooper, and believe the Jews (descendants of the 12 tribes) are his chosen people.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:16 PM

3,405 posts, read 3,449,324 times
Quote:
In that case all Christians should convert to Judaism.
Some jews believe all christians are jews.

I explain the difference between the jewish and christian religons to my gentile friends this way.

In movie analogy.

Things that happen in the first movie is mentioned in the sequel but things that happen in the sequel are not mentioned in the original first movie because those things had not happened yet.

The jewish religian is the original. Christianity is the sequel.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:20 PM

3,405 posts, read 3,449,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The holy trinity: "One God, three Persons" as prescribed by the Niceans.

I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.

After all, God (singular) is omnipresent.

As humans, ultimately, we cannot comprehend God. If God made us, who made God? It's like trying to comprehend Pi (π)

The only real difference is that Jews are waiting for the Messiah, and we believe he has already been sacrificed.

I totally agree with Dale Cooper, and believe the Jews (descendants of the 12 tribes) are his chosen people.
This is what the difference is. We(jews) do not believe the messiah has come yet while christians believe jesus was/is the massiah.

So if jesus was not the massiah the. What was he? A proffit maybe?
Its a argument i try to keep away from.

Either way christians are my brothers and sisters. We believe in the same god and follow the same main social beliefs.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:29 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,837,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the Nazis defeated in that big war in the 1940's?
eventually yes, but not till after the Holocaust.

and I just don't buy all this free will idea, because if God is so great and loves the Jews, why would he let it happen, I mean what is the point in believing all this Biblical BS anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies