Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2013, 05:21 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Where did you ever get the idea that I wanted to have sex with someone of the same gender?

The idea that homosexuality is "natural" or that people are "born that way" is simply an excuse for people to practice immoral lifestyles that have rightly been called wrong.

I responded to someone who asked me when I chose to be "heterosexual".

That is another created construct that has misled people over the last few decades. It is created because the false concept of "orientation" was invented to excuse chosen immoral behavior. There is no "sexual orientation" only sexual preference. "Heterosexuality" shouldn't even be a word because it implies that there is possible opposite that is equal - and there is not.

My answer to the question was "puberty". At this point, children are learning what sexual attraction is and part of the learning involves understanding the difference between males and females and learning what is good and not good concerning attraction to other people.

I made my decision then, and it was the proper one.

Others made the improper decision - and they call themselves gays.
That is interesting, so straight people choose to be straight even though they are attracted to the same sex. I think that is what most people call "living in he closet."

Old 06-01-2013, 05:22 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,383 times
As far as I'm concerned it's a behavioral problem. Now, growing up in the gay capital of the Midwest, I think there is a strong possibility that effeminate men and masculine women are born that way since I've met so many, but the behavior is what is problematic.

You can have abnormal thoughts and so forth (I also believe pedophiles may be born with a different wired brain) but if you don't act on it it's irrelevant. Just my 2 cents.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:26 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Definition of CHOICE

1: the act of choosing : selection <finding it hard to make a choice>
2: power of choosing : option <you have no choice>
3 a : the best part : cream
b : a person or thing chosen <she was their first choice>
4: a number and variety to choose among <a plan with a wide choice of options>
5: care in selecting

Why would you have to "select" or "take care in choosing" something, if you had no desire to do one of them? I'll ask again... why didn't I make that conscious choice? I don't remember ever thinking "should I be straight or gay," I just knew. Why didn't you??
Sigh...

Are you being willfuly obtuse?

Do you honestly remember wanting to have sex with someone at puberty?

Apparently in your world - everything revolves around "doing the act".

The fact that I chose to be attracted to females is proof that I chose to not be gay.

The fact that gays chose to be attracted to the same gender is proof that they chose to be homosexual.

At that age - most kids don't understand the idea of sexual activity - but they do feel something - that is because of sexual development and hormones.

They need some influence to channel their energy into the right direction - and some people get the wrong influence and choose to be gay.

I chose the opposite.

This isn't complicated - but the people who have bought into the myth of "orientation" love to play this ridiculous game because if they can fool enough people - their lifestyle can be seen as legitamate.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:26 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,383 times
Quote:
There is no such thing as bisexuality.

People have the ability to make choices - and I chose not walk a deviant path concerning sexual preference.

Others have.
At first I thought you posted "bestiality." lol.

You know, there are people out there who actually have those "urges" as well, but it doesn't make it right or make them act on it.

Ohhhhh, this thread is going to be a hoot.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:29 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,003,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
At first I thought you posted "bestiality." lol.

You know, there are people out there who actually have those "urges" as well, but it doesn't make it wrong.

Ohhhhh, this thread is going to be a hoot.
Sure - they have urges - but the people to whom I am responding think that it is a biological thing instead of a behavior issue.

People choose to be bisexual - that is much different than it being a naturally occurring condition that cannot be changed.

I am here to dispel the myth.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:31 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Sigh...

Nope. You're the only one being obtuse here!

Quote:

Who said anything about having sex? I was talking about general attractions, not "doing the act." When I was an adolescent, LONG before I lost my virginity, I knew that I found men attractive... never had to stop and think about it, never had to choose that as my orientation, and never had the same thoughts about women. Get it now?? So for the last time I'll ask, why didn't I feel the need to make a choice while you did? Are you saying that I'm lying, or that I am unique in this respect?

Quote:
The fact that I chose to be attracted to females is proof that I chose to not be gay.
No, the fact that you had to CHOOSE (implying two options) females means you also had natural attractions to men. I never chose men, and unlike you, I can't even remember a specific time period when my sexual orientation was known (or as you'd say "chosen"). It's just always been that way, pretty much.

Quote:
The fact that gays chose to be attracted to the same gender is proof that they chose to be homosexual.
I don't know a single gay person who chose to be gay, so this comment makes zero sense. It would be like saying I chose to be a redheaded Caucasian, or to be good at certain school subjects.

Quote:
At that age - most kids don't understand the idea of sexual activity - but they do feel something - that is because of sexual development and hormones.
Yup, and I only felt that something towards boys... even had a few little "boyfriends" long before puberty. We didn't do anything sexual in nature, but somehow I knew my attractions were towards Pete instead of Patricia. Knew a boy in elementary school who felt the opposite (told me he'd marry a boy one day), and 30 years later he is an out & proud homosexual.

Quote:
They need some influence to channel their energy into the right direction - and some people get the wrong influence and choose to be gay.

I chose the opposite.
I never felt that influence. Apparently you did, and that is okay. Unlike you and your ilk, I don't judge either way! Be proud and happy.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:32 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Sigh...

I chose the opposite.

This isn't complicated - but the people who have bought into the myth of "orientation" love to play this ridiculous game because if they can fool enough people - their lifestyle can be seen as legitamate.
So you thought about being gay? What made you to choose to not express your gay thoughts? I don't know about you, but I have been attracted to girls long before I could make that choice. I do say I choose to be more attracted to redheads, but even that wasn't much of a choice rather than a nice warm feeling they give me in my pants.

Seeing a stud of a naked dude doesn't do anything for me, but it sounds like it does for you and you choose to ignore those feelings you have.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you thought about being gay? What made you to choose to not express your gay thoughts? I don't know about you, but I have been attracted to girls long before I could make that choice. I do say I choose to be more attracted to redheads, but even that wasn't much of a choice rather than a nice warm feeling they give me in my pants.
Can't help it... we (redheads) just have that natural effect on some people.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:36 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,724,472 times
the feeder is just a quear the eater.....

Old 06-01-2013, 05:43 PM

Now putting aside the discussion of choice vs natural tendencies, how does your personal dislike for homosexual relationships mean they should be legally mandated? Even if it were a choice, that still doesn't support the argument that our government should tell people who they should or shouldn't marry (outside of age & consent laws).

You choose to be a Christian, which is a choice I wouldn't make for myself - but I still support your right to make that choice, and would vehemently oppose any laws against that freedom. To quote you on many threads, why do you hate freedom so much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies