Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2013, 10:57 AM

96 posts, read 185,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Looks like it is begining to sink in. Asking is one thing, but demanding is something else. You can ask, as long as you tolarate a differing opinion, but when a differing opinion is greeting with insults and accusations, you are being intolerant yourself. This is something the pro-gay crowd has never understood.
Agreed. I'm always amazed, shouldn't be by now, how those that are screaming intolerance to their belief of gay rights or whatever it may be, let's say abortion etc. will turn around and put all Christians in the same boat for example youre all bigots, you scream Satan will get you, you say will burn in h***. Wow now that's not just intolerance that's stereotyping as well. Christians will always be persecuted. we are all sinners

Old 05-31-2013, 11:00 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
It looks like the Boy Scout policy change is like light to the bigoted cockroaches. For years, they and their hateful views have existed inside groups like the BSA, now they are scurrying away like insects making it very easy for everyone to see the disgusting bigots that live in their midst.
This is exactly what I was talking about. Thanks for proving my point.

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I, for one, am very well aware of what "YMCA" stands for:
Young
Men's
CHRISTIAN
Association

That's right, it was originally a very restricted organization; to qualify for membership, you had to be YOUNG, MALE, and CHRISTIAN!
Now, however, it is commonly called "The Y".

There was also the YWCA:
Young WOMEN'S CHRISTIAN Association; specifically created for Young Christian Women.
It still exists.

For further information, you can google either one.
So what was the purpose of your other remark?

If parents feel disenfranchised with the BSA, there's always the YMCA as another "Christian" organization they can send children to. YMCA day camps are great for children to learn how to tie knots, how to cook over open fires, learn different species of plants, trees, ferns, and learn how to work as team members. The Y also teaches CPR, how to swim, plus many other everyday life knowledge.

You have a problem with the Y ?

There still is a YWCA.

I was a member of the YMCA as a kid, and learned a lot of stuff.

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The main problem is that people have forgotten history IMO. They don't realize where we came from as a people to get to where we are today. Human beings need leadership and strict discipline.

Whether you believe in God or not, the message has always been about the right way to live, the right way to behave, the right way to raise your children.

There is a force of evil working behind this, I am convinced of that. My uncle was a Catholic priest and he used to tell us kids that the struggle between Satan and God has never stopped. It is going on every day right before our eyes.

This country is turning away from God. We are letting anyone come in here and call them a citizen. Not even a basic background check on what this person has done in their life.

This liberal cancer has gone beyond the good it did when it fought for civil rights for oppressed people. Now it is attacking the very fabric of the country. This is not a joke, they are tearing America down for what reason or goal I don't know.
So it's been far, far better to have gay scouts exist in secret in that organization. Because at least then when they screwed up and blew their cover, they got kicked out.

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
At least a nine year old gets it:

“It was hard to explain to a 9-year-old the complexities of why I was telling him that we had to quit,” Miller said. “He told me, 'Daddy, it should be like church. Everybody should be welcome.'”

Nothing about excluding gay children honors God.
Out of the mouth of babes...

Good deal on the father, though: He gets to score brownie points with God by depriving somebody else (in this case, his kid) of something. A very neat trick, that - salvation by proxy.

Of course, scouting in my home country was co-ed anyway, and believe it or not, we managed just fine - even when the hormonal age set in among the kids. And without even having to bring up the risk of eternal damnation.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:02 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
His will is clear. The Boy Scouts mentioning God in their oath after this decision is nothing short of blasphemy.
And so beforehand, only the gay scouts in secret were doing the blasphemy?

Old 05-31-2013, 11:06 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greengables View Post
Agreed. I'm always amazed, shouldn't be by now, how those that are screaming intolerance to their belief of gay rights or whatever it may be, let's say abortion etc. will turn around and put all Christians in the same boat for example youre all bigots, you scream Satan will get you, you say will burn in h***. Wow now that's not just intolerance that's stereotyping as well. Christians will always be persecuted. we are all sinners
The difference is, we are not trying to force you to be homosexual, we are simply demanding to be treated equally.
We are not trying to force you to have an abortion, but want the option to do so if we so choose.

You are trying to deny me equal civil rights, and trying to deny me the choice to have an abortion.

YOU are trying to force others to live as YOU think they should.
WE just want the ability to be treated equally and make our own choices in life.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:26 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Default After vote allowing gay kids to become Boy Scouts

It's an end of a good organization.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:32 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
"all people need leadership and discipline" so long as you are leading and doing the discipline. No thanks. I learned all I need to know about those two curses from my drunken stepfather and the leaders when I was in 'Nam. No thanks, I'll provide my own discipline and leadership.

The BSA will be a lot better organization when they welcome anyone willing to learn.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:33 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greengables View Post
Lets not go there on rights!! Do you think those babies that had their necks snipped had rights?

You can make your own choices, your doing it.
And you're trying to take away my options.
I am not trying to take away yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies