Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 12:55 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times

Advertisements

Shockingly, there have always been gay boy scouts. So far, the sky hasn't fallen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 01:12 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonAndJulie View Post
This is exactly why our country is going down the toilet. If you believe in the Bible and what it stands for, you are a racist, homophobic, hateful, bigot. It can't just be that you have a belief and stand firm in it. It has to be that if you don't change to the progressive movement, you're a bad person who doesn't love all people. Just because someone doesn't condone a behavior doesn't make them hate anyone. As far as likening sexuality to color, that is ridiculous. Sexuality is a choice, color is God-given.
So then you are admitting that you made the choice to be straight? That you had gay sexual desires and straight sexual desires, but chose straight? Right? Sexual orientation is not a choice. I did not choose my sexual orientation. The only thing I had no choice in was being born a male.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanw View Post
Really? How can two gay "fock" in the "arse" and have a baby? Newsflash: something wrong with this picture? I want that crap out of my Scouts that's for sure. We live in a very twisted and screwed up world and won't get any better. TOLERANCE? Fock, I can write my own twisted rules and ask for tolerance, juts because everyone else does now. Hey let's start screwing goats and see if we can use the tolerance card as well. Hey, just use your imagination, there are no more morals stands for anything anyway
Boy oh boy, another man obsessed with anal sex between men. Don't you know that there are more straight people practicing anal sex than gay men? And so typical to include beastiality which by the way is something that gay people don't do, it seems like a heterosexual obsession. I do not think a ram, a bull or a stallion would take it too lightly to be man handled.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
There is much more sexual activity and abuse that goes on than you may know amongst the young people. I know of one case where a homosexual act took place between two kids around 7-8 years old.

Most of the conversation is about gays kids and straight kids. What about a gay scoutleader... Jerry Sandusky anybody...??

The fact of the matter is homosexual behavior is sin - and it spreads like yeast in a lump of dough. We are watching it before our eyes. Everyone has a sin issue whether it's homosexual behavior, or stealing, or lying, or heterosexual behavior outside the marriage framework. The difference here is that we are trying to normalize it both culturally and legally.

The good news is Christ died for all sinners - the homosexual as well as the heterosexual. There will a day of judgment coming where all will be judged in the light of God's righteousness. Believing in Christ will make the day of judgment successful for those who believe in Him. You don't have to clean up your behavior, just come to Him today.

Honestly - I hate to see the country move in this direction not out of hate or bigotry for anyone - but it's really destructive behavior - both physically (for males) and spiritually within.
Sandusky was a married heterosexual that preyed on young men. He was not gay. Sin and morality are subjective and your bible cannot be used to judge those who do not believe in it. Use it to judge yourself before you use it to judge others.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Whatever the case may be regarding Sandusky's preference - the act against those kids was of a homosexual nature. And how do the abused boys deal with that within themselves? Their first sexual encounter is with a man??

God is beyond the scope of any manmade religion. Sin applies to everyone.
No, sin does not apply to everyone. Use your bible against yourself, but keep it out of my face and my life and law. God is not real, he is made up by man to explain things that were not understood. But that was 2000 years ago when we were ignorant. Unfortunately, many people choose to be ignorant still.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:16 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,961 times
Quote:
There is much more sexual activity and abuse that goes on than you may know amongst the young people. I know of one case where a homosexual act took place between two kids around 7-8 years old.

Most of the conversation is about gays kids and straight kids. What about a gay scoutleader... Jerry Sandusky anybody...??

The fact of the matter is homosexual behavior is sin - and it spreads like yeast in a lump of dough. We are watching it before our eyes. Everyone has a sin issue whether it's homosexual behavior, or stealing, or lying, or heterosexual behavior outside the marriage framework. The difference here is that we are trying to normalize it both culturally and legally.

The good news is Christ died for all sinners - the homosexual as well as the heterosexual. There will a day of judgment coming where all will be judged in the light of God's righteousness. Believing in Christ will make the day of judgment successful for those who believe in Him. You don't have to clean up your behavior, just come to Him today.

Honestly - I hate to see the country move in this direction not out of hate or bigotry for anyone - but it's really destructive behavior - both physically (for males) and spiritually within.
So who are you to judge the severity of the sins? Catholics also believe that sex without the intent of procreation is a sin. Is two men having sex for their enjoyment that much worse than a male and female? I dont see anything listing homosexuality as a mortal sin. It says sodomy is a sin. If I sodomize my girlfriend is that any worse than my cousin sodomizing his boyfriend?

For someone so christian you should know better than to judge and discriminate.

What I find most amusing is that religion shouldn't even be a topic in this thread. Our country does not have a national religion. EVERYONE sins.

Just like with marriage. Marriage is in the eyes of the state, not necessarily god. You don't have to believe in god to get married....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 06-01-2013, 07:36 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherguy View Post
I'm not going to bother to read most of the posts thus far, but will say this:

Those of you who promote discrimination against gay people are punishing people for the sexual orientation they were born with. That kind of discrimination doesn't make sense, and it isn't right. And if you think gayness is contagious, it isn't any more than being straight. You are what you are, from day one. Suburbs have just as high a percentage of gay kids as anywhere else, as do the most conservative churches. This is a biological, innate, and immutable characteristic. It doesn't go away.

My close relative was the worst homophobic bigot I'd ever seen, and even made statements like "my kids would never be gay, because I raise them better than that". Well guess what, two of his kids are gay, and their Mom had it figured out by the time they were 5. They are now accepted, and their parents are very defensive when their kids face discrimination.

There's nothing "in your face" about this. It is about equality, and nothing else. My gay relatives and friends are making great progress now, and I'm with them all the way.
Best post of the thread. If nobody takes anything else from this, I wish they could take this perspective.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:42 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Quote:
Now I am worry about having my son sharing the tent, the shower, the playground with a gay kid hitting on him. I think there should be some separation right? Might as well combine the Boy Scouts with the Girl Scouts and let the orgy begin?
The Nazis did similar things in the 1930's.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:45 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
Let's keep this positive please. Just curious how are other families in Houston dealing with this new changes in the Boy Scouts now allowing gay kids. I am usually pretty tolerant when it comes to gay as long they keep their sexuality out of my face. With the new rules it seems that they did just that, sticking into my face and now I have to deal with it. Is not wrong or right and I have my own opinion. I am just curious how other parents are dealing with.

Now I am worry about having my son sharing the tent, the shower, the playground with a gay kid hitting on him. I think there should be some separation right? Might as well combine the Boy Scouts with the Girl Scouts and let the orgy begin? Something doesn't feel morally right here or is just me being crazy?

Again please keep it positive and constructive

After vote allowing gay kids to become Boy Scouts, some families call it quits - U.S. News
How is allowing children who are different than the rest of us to participate in an activity "sticking into your face"? You don't think that these kids have a right to enjoy the same activities as straight kids?

Old 06-01-2013, 07:49 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Let's keep this positive please. Just curious how are other families in Houston dealing with this new changes in the Boy Scouts now allowing gay kids. I am usually pretty tolerant when it comes to gay as long they keep their sexuality out of my face. With the new rules it seems that they did just that, sticking into my face and now I have to deal with it. Is not wrong or right and I have my own opinion. I am just curious how other parents are dealing with.

Now I am worry about having my son sharing the tent, the shower, the playground with a gay kid hitting on him. I think there should be some separation right? Might as well combine the Boy Scouts with the Girl Scouts and let the orgy begin? Something doesn't feel morally right here or is just me being crazy?

Again please keep it positive and constructive

After vote allowing gay kids to become Boy Scouts, some families call it quits - U.S. News
Here is folk, another person that "Gays" are "sticking into my[thier] face"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies