Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 11:37 AM

97 posts, read 145,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstone View Post
No Nugget_Brain, being a teenage boy with raging hormones does that.
That's an absolutely fair point. So are you suggesting that the gay boy is going to rape the straight boy, or convince him to also turn gay for the night?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 11:39 AM

805 posts, read 1,871,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Frankly, my granddaughter is a girl scout,
Has you daughter shared a tent with a gay/bisexual girl?

Old 05-31-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranston View Post
If her granddaughter isn't homosexual or bisexual, why should it matter? Can the gay/bisexual girl not control her urges? Is she going to ravish the straight girl?

Old 05-31-2013, 11:45 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,267,441 times
Default Meh...

All this talk about the Girl Scounts being happy and open makes me wonder what the Girl Scouts will do when boys start selling their cookies... will they be happy and open to that? In Houston of course.

I'd be willing to bet this thread gets closed, or moved.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:47 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,551,675 times
This may be too much to ask for this overly polarized country, but is there such a thing as a middle ground where you don't embrace something outright without condemning it outright? I know this is rather "don't ask, don't tell" sounding but we'd all do well to mind our own.

Your kid is going to have someone of the same gender hit on them one day, Scouting or not, and just because the Scouts publicly condemns homosexuality makes no difference. The Roman Catholic Church publicly condemns homosexuality too, and we're fairly aware now of how little that protected boys.

Brass-tacks, this is a private organization that's free to do as it pleases, and people are free to participate or not and/or state their support or non-support.

Oh, no. Girl Scouts are accepting of all creeds/races/sexuality/religion. But don't you DARE touch their cookies!!!!!

3,549 posts, read 5,375,525 times
I have weak sales resistance. I am scared that if I hang out around gay guys they might secretly turn me gay.

/sarcasm

As for the point of raging boy hormones. I don't see a gay boy raping another boy any more likely than a boy raping a girl...

If you are concerned about gay boys raping other boys because of your hormones you have some serious personal issues. I don't know about you but I had some pretty raging and still do have raging hormones, and to this date, I don't consider rape as a potential way to ease those urges.. That's just me though...

The more you think about it, how often do you EVER hear of rape cases of a male raping another male? I'm sure a google search would show but I have never heard about it before in the news or amongst friends.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
I have weak sales resistance. I am scared that if I hang out around gay guys they might secretly turn me gay.

/sarcasm

As for the point of raging boy hormones. I don't see a gay boy raping another boy any more likely than a boy raping a girl...

If you are concerned about gay boys raping other boys because of your hormones you have some serious personal issues. I don't know about you but I had some pretty raging and still do have raging hormones, and to this date, I don't consider rape as a potential way to ease those urges.. That's just me though...

The more you think about it, how often do you EVER hear of rape cases of a male raping another male? I'm sure a google search would show but I have never heard about it before in the news or amongst friends.
EXACTLY my point!

Unfortunatly, male rapes go tremendously under reported. Men just aren't taken as seriously. There are those that feel that men 'cant' be raped (especially by women). I think for them actually reporting it, just as women, it's a shame thing. So many cases of rape, men and women, are dismissed as 'they were asking for it'.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:53 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,907,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranston View Post
In our troop, not that I know of, but the kids are only in 5th grade. Also, most of the time, the kids share a tent with at least 3 other girls, so it has never come up. I don't know for sure that the girls have not discussed anyone's sexuality though.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:56 AM

4,828 posts, read 7,452,132 times
There are a lot of people posting in this thread that know absolutely nothing about the Boy Scouts of America.

All the speculation about wild stuff that people think will happen............

Boy Scouts is a very good program.

If you are so worried about your sons, may I suggest you quit speculating and whining and join your sons troop/program yourselves as a volunteer adult leader and find out what it's really all about...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies