Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2013, 09:48 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,979,937 times

Advertisements

And let the record show that racists people are usually miserable wastes of human life. Why is it always the ugliest man with more "chins" than the Hong Kong census and less education than your average tree stump who insists that he is the "master race"?

Old 05-31-2013, 10:04 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Typical YT comments.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,901 times
I think Cheerios marketing is genius. Sure, it doesn't relate well with most couples because inter-racial couples are not the norm. Sure, it angers racist white men but not nearly as much as it angers racist black women. Throw in a cute factor for the heart string tug and it gets attention.

What I do have a problem with is that in my opinion, Cheerios used race issues to market a product. Don't inter-racial couples have enough pressure? Isn't it difficult enough for this small percentage of couples to succeed? Don't people understand that ramming this down everyone's throat isn't a healthy way to reduce racial tension. For this reason I will never buy another box of Cheerios.

As a side note if I was black I would be angry with a commercial that showed a white person working while the black person slept on a couch. Just seems a little racist to me.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:23 PM

723 posts, read 2,193,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDR1969 View Post
What I do have a problem with is that in my opinion, Cheerios used race issues to market a product. Don't inter-racial couples have enough pressure? Isn't it difficult enough for this small percentage of couples to succeed? Don't people understand that ramming this down everyone's throat isn't a healthy way to reduce racial tension. For this reason I will never buy another box of Cheerios.
Oh ok so you're outraged, not because interracial couples have to experience racial tension to begin with. No, you're outraged because I guess GM didn't shun interracial couples who eat boxes of cheerios because they don't exist. Yes, THAT is the issue.

Quote:
As a side note if I was black I would be angry with a commercial that showed a white person working while the black person slept on a couch. Just seems a little racist to me.
I happen to have a few black folks on speed dial and they said that they have no qualms the representation of the quintessential *dad on the couch cat nap* gag while the daughter depicted shows the genuine love for her father buy pouring cheerios on his chest to ensure he lives a long and happy life. next.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:24 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhoggur View Post
Pretty much. I don't watch television anymore because of the stuff they're pushing at me all the time.
I'm sure television really gives a damn. You racists are obsolete. Enjoy.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
It promotes ethnic cleansing by race mixing.
Dude......you can't be this dense.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Perhaps "ethnic cleansing" was the wrong word to use.

It's genocide.

Definition of GENOCIDE

: the deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group

Whether it's intentional or not is unknown. But it's an issue that needs fixing.
If this results in the elimination of backwards racists from this planet, I'm all for it. Good riddance.

Old 05-31-2013, 10:34 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
I think Cheerios marketing is genius. Sure, it doesn't relate well with most couples because inter-racial couples are not the norm. Sure, it angers racist white men but not nearly as much as it angers racist black women. Throw in a cute factor for the heart string tug and it gets attention.

How are you so sure that there was some kind of racist intent? Interracial couples and families DO exist you know. Black guy on a couch? For pete's sake, how was the daughter going to pour the cheerios on the father's heart if he was standing up or sitting down?

Old 05-31-2013, 10:44 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times
"Cheerios" sound sooo . . British!

Old 05-31-2013, 10:48 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:

Have some damn courage because truthfully, you're not a principled person. Just say you're offended because you're a racist and leave it at that.

You and no one else is gonna stop buying Cheerios because of something being shoved down your throat. Either you were buying the cereal because you like it, or you won't buy it because you've NEVER bought it in the first place.

But to pretend that you're not gonna buy it out of some fake ass principled reason is laughable on its face. Get real. All of the faux concern about how difficult it must be for mixed race couples in your post is so disingenuous that i'm surprised that you had the guts to post it. Yea...it's THAT transparently fake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies