Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2013, 05:37 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,041,670 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry. I meant you racist people...you people with no lives...you people who are overly concerned with who other people love instead of focusing on your own trifling existence. Does that make you feel better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nidhoggur View Post
I don't think it's because they like heavier women, I think it's because that's the only one's who'll give them a chance. And that many black men will literally do anything to get a non-white woman for...idk why. Self hate maybe. I've heard black women are undateable so that might be it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
"you people" is a racial slur. you should be ashamed of yourself.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:38 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,082,946 times
Laughing at the racial "self preservation" comment.
Really, there are people who think that way?? LMAO
Mixed race couples and their kids won't affect anyone's "whiteness".
Get over it.
If you don't want to date another race...don't...but why have your opinions all up in someone elses preferences?

Old 06-01-2013, 05:54 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
people on that site said that in the uk this is less of a deal then it is here.
That is true. I had a friend who said that she and her husband were returning to Germany because that country was more accepting and this was almost 30 years ago. Racism is alive and thriving in the US and anyone that doesn't believe it, doesn't get around much. We have lived in a few states but I grew up in SW MI so that is how I measure the rest of the country. How racism is expressed can be different but I was always shocked to hear comments from people I would never have expected to make them. These people, of course, were simply ignorant and were beyond help so I express my opinion and move on from the gray cloud that hangs above them.

I thought the commercial was really sweet.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:59 AM

45 posts, read 27,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Let's see. You want to preserve the white race. You're an old white man living in the strongest Republican state - Texas.
Well I got news for you. I'm not a Republican.

And neither am I old. I'm young actually.

Quote:
You want to return to the 50s.
Why not? The 50's was the most prosperous decade in American history. If you were white of course. But the best nonetheless.

Quote:
Where did I say I was a leftist? (Back at you!).
Touche!

Quote:
"Despite Jim Crow laws", I'm sure Jim Crow laws worked for you quite well. You were the one holding the stick and weren't on the receiving end.
Doesn't change the fact that it was the best decade in American history. Also: Sympathy only gets you so far.

Quote:
I don't know, what purpose do the Ten Commandments serve? If pushed for an answer, I would say no purpose if you look at the hypocrisy of the Catholic Church and it's followers/believers. Do you really know people who live by the Ten Commandments? I mean REALLY lives by ALL ten? The Church depends on sinners, from the top down.
The ten commandments teaches basic morality. Things like don't steal, don't kill. So it's entirely irrelevant whether someone obeys the doctrine of the ten commandments to it's fullest. That has no place in this discussion whatsoever. The original point was that peoples morality can and is based off religious moral doctrine. Islam is a religion and the burka is a point of religious morality in Islamic teachings. We in the west arrogantly view the burka as being mysoginistic and hateful, but for Muslims it's morally acceptable and normal. Do you understand now? It's not that hard of a concept to understand. Difference in culture is another way to explain it. What's culturally abnormal in the west (eating bugs and snakes) is culturally normal elsewhere. Make sense?

Religious morality is no different than morality taught to children by parents. Which every parent does. Except in the case of religion the parent is religious text. Does that make sense? Because I'm not going to explain it to you again because I can't make you understand concepts. That's completely out of my power.

Quote:
I don't need a religion to set my moral compass.
What does that have to do with anything. That's irrelevant to the discussion.

Quote:
Are you saying that an atheist or an agnostic or someone who doesn't fully embrace a religion are incapable of having morals?
Completely missed it again...

When I say religion and morality are one in the same I'm saying religion is based off morality. Not morality is religion. That wouldn't make much sense in my case considering I'm atheist myself.

Quote:
How do you know - did your moral compass tell you that? I know a hell of lot more than you do. I happen to live in reality, in the here and now. I don't dream about "the good old days", because they won't come back and they weren't necessarily the "best of times". Then again, I can understand why you are a dreamer.
I know that because you're made it abundantly clear thus far. You're completely incapable of understanding simplistic concepts and you've made childish comments using child-like logic and reasoning. You're ability to debate is on a high school level. I sincerely hope for your sake you're not an adult, because you're not a very intelligent person. (yes that was a personal attack)

Quote:
Spin it anyway you want. This is 2013, not 1950. I'll call it the way I see it.

Talking about wasting time - the white race will be the minority in the US and that seems to scare you. Countries that had a majority of white may even end up being the minority.

What exactly would I have to "physically" do to prove something?? It's not as if I can reach out and poke you in the eye.
You're the one doing the spinning here. You're desperately trying to label my motivations for pursuing racial preservation as hateful and racist because you can't fathom someone having an opinion on the subject that differs from your own because you think your morality is superior to mine.

But because my motivations are for racial preservation alone, and not "Because of", you can't make the argument that my motivations are racist. Because racial preservation alone is not racist or hateful in anyway shape or form according to the official definition of "Racism."

I mean...you're welcome to try. But you won't succeed because you can't.

Last edited by nidhoggur; 06-01-2013 at 06:19 AM..

Old 06-01-2013, 06:01 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,746,641 times
[quote=softblueyz;29821494]
Quote:
And as I said, your morals or personal set of values you set for yourself are not more or less righteous than my own.

Let's see. You want to preserve the white race. You're an old white man living in the strongest Republican state - Texas. You want to return to the 50s.

Where did I say I was a leftist? (Back at you!). "Despite Jim Crow laws", I'm sure Jim Crow laws worked for you quite well. You were the one holding the stick and weren't on the receiving end.

I don't know, what purpose do the Ten Commandments serve? If pushed for an answer, I would say no purpose if you look at the hypocrisy of the Catholic Church and it's followers/believers. Do you really know people who live by the Ten Commandments? I mean REALLY lives by ALL ten? The Church depends on sinners, from the top down.

I don't need a religion to set my moral compass.

Are you saying that an atheist or an agnostic or someone who doesn't fully embrace a religion are incapable of having morals?

How do you know - did your moral compass tell you that? I know a hell of lot more than you do. I happen to live in reality, in the here and now. I don't dream about "the good old days", because they won't come back and they weren't necessarily the "best of times". Then again, I can understand why you are a dreamer.

Spin it anyway you want. This is 2013, not 1950. I'll call it the way I see it.

Talking about wasting time - the white race will be the minority in the US and that seems to scare you. Countries that had a majority of white may even end up being the minority.

What exactly would I have to "physically" do to prove something?? It's not as if I can reach out and poke you in the eye.
is this why liberals hate guns? because of their horrific aim?

Old 06-01-2013, 06:53 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Who is pushing what agenda? Interracial families exist...and they need to eat breakfast. How is showing the reality on television "pushing an agenda"?

LOL right on. Some people are absolutely ridiculous.

Old 06-01-2013, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDR1969 View Post
I think Cheerios marketing is genius. Sure, it doesn't relate well with most couples because inter-racial couples are not the norm. Sure, it angers racist white men but not nearly as much as it angers racist black women. Throw in a cute factor for the heart string tug and it gets attention.

What I do have a problem with is that in my opinion, Cheerios used race issues to market a product. Don't inter-racial couples have enough pressure? Isn't it difficult enough for this small percentage of couples to succeed? Don't people understand that ramming this down everyone's throat isn't a healthy way to reduce racial tension. For this reason I will never buy another box of Cheerios.

As a side note if I was black I would be angry with a commercial that showed a white person working while the black person slept on a couch. Just seems a little racist to me.
Oh good grief!!!!!

YOU DIDN'T GET THE MEMO APPARENTLY. Interracial families - happy, cereal eating interracial families - exist and are growing in numbers each day. They have kids, they take naps on the sofa, they sit at the kitchen table together, they do all sorts of mundane, everyday things in the course of their NORMAL, PEACEFUL LIVES.

And no, it's not "difficult for this small percentage of couples to succeed" - whatever that means. A Cheerios commercial is NOT adding more stress to their lives!

I am going to buy a huge box of Cheerios next time I'm out. Even though I don't particularly like Cheerios.

Old 06-01-2013, 07:06 AM

Quote:
My motive is in fact different than the KKK and the nazis. Their motive for anti-race mixing was because they believed white genes were superior to non white genes.

My motive is for self-preservation for the sake of self-preservation. Nothing more. Nothing less.

No matter how hard you try you CANNOT attach racism, hate or discrimination to the concept of racial self-preservation for the sake of self-preserving and nothing more. You physically cannot do it. So stop wasting your and my time.
But....but...you are what you are. No amount of interracial marrying and mating can change your DNA.

So what's this about self preservation again? Why on earth would it matter to you who other people choose to have children with?

Old 06-01-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
I've seen some thin ones here and there but as a general rule of thumb you're right. My ex-best friends fiance got knocked up by a black guy when she was working as a stripper at a very sleezy low class strip bar. (she's very rough on the eyes) Both him and her come from the trashiest families you can imagine. Rural trailer trash like you wouldn't imagine.

Seems to be the trashiest of white trash that goes for black men. Though they don't tend to be over weight they are extremely trashy and have that crack head look to them. Seems like half the time the fatties I've seen BM with have been middle class, other half of the time they tend to be trailer trash or w/e.

Although I must admit. Here lately I've noticed alot of white men with black women couples. Then again there are people moving to Texas by the millions from all over the country. It's starting to get really crowded here so that might explain that because native texans typically aren't very enthusiastic of black white relationships.

- 30 years living in texas
Twenty years living in Texas here, and here are some of our family photos:

A whole slew of first cousins:

My white guy dad with his great grandchildren:

Me with my grandchildren:

(Please note that I am not fat - though I could lose a few pounds - not a crackhead, not lower class, and in possession of all my teeth.)

My two beautiful biracial daughters:

Son in law 1:

Son in law 2 (with my dirty faced hard-playing grandson!):

I was married to an AA man for eleven years (he's a Col in the US Army) and we had four kids together. He is from Texas and I'm a military brat whose family is from the ArkLaTex area. We lived in Texas for four years when we were married and had no significant problems. I have lived in Texas for at least twenty years and raised our biracial kids here with no issues to speak of. They have dated and married whoever they pleased. My oldest daughter is married to a white guy, my youngest is married to a Hispanic guy, my oldest son is married to a Korean girl and my youngest son is footloose and fancy free.

The times they are a-changin' - get used to it.

Last edited by elnina; 06-01-2013 at 02:54 PM..

Old 06-01-2013, 07:47 AM

347 posts, read 695,390 times
I really really hate giving fuel to racists on here but that being said....I do think that white black couples that I've seen in the States tend to have a particular look. It is usually black man white woman and the man usually looks thuggish and the woman looks trashy. Not sure why that is though that that particular race pairing tends to look like that in the US. I've seen many white man Asian woman pairings in the US also and both man and woman generally look at least middle class. And please noone chime in saying I'm a middle class black man married to a professional white woman for x years blah blah blah. I said most, not all. And this is just based on what I've observed from travelling to about 10 different US states. To me it speaks volumes about how both blacks and whites view each other if when they do mix it is the lower class that tends to do the most mixing.
I think I notice such things more as I am also in an inter racial marriage. I am a black (not African American) woman married to a white guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies