Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2013, 08:42 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,295,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I am a little surprised that anyone would care or be upset about a "mixed race" family.
I agree, but I think that's exactly the point of this thread, it's not speaking out against the commercial, but the hateful racist comments some have posedt regarding it.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:48 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,295,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Then don't read it.
The people who post these racist comments have a God Given right, protected by the 1st Amendment, to do so. We have a right to read them and be offended by them, and to let to speak our mind out against this disgusting behavior. It's how society evolves.

Saying don't read it is like saying If your are against gay marriage, then don't be gay and don't get married.

That knife cuts both ways.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:51 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
So the mom likes chocolate milk in her cheerios. Meh, good for General Mills. LOL all the way to the bank.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:21 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Isn't he the fellow with the radio show?

My radio is rarely on - and the last time that I listened to it - the Dodger's game was being broadcast.

You seem confused,
Like you don't know who your master is.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-limbaugh.html

Old 06-01-2013, 09:43 PM

156 posts, read 116,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
They want to pretend that someone else is on their side. The white power people always try to produce at least one black person who agrees with them. It's standard operating procedure from the Stormfront handbook.
Orly? Black women are almost as vocal about it as stormfronters.

You don't get out much do you.

Since black women are vocal about it you can't simply write it off as a white supremacist thing to be against race mixing. In fact many asian american males are starting to become very anti-race mixing. (which is understandable since asian american males have it pretty bad, there's alot of angry asian men in the U.S. because asian women and white women won't give them a chance)

If there's not any balance in the dating game then things might very well get ugly. There has to be balance and unfortunatly you can't force someone to be attracted to someone of another race.

This diversity experiment that the west is engaged in has a very interesting and unpredictable future for it.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:49 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
What a ridiculously stupid thing to be outraged about.

"zOMG!!!! A white woman and a black man got married and had a baby! And! They are.....HAPPY!!!!!"

Idiots.

If THIS is what sets some people off, they need to get a dose of "the real world". Ignorant *****!

Old 06-01-2013, 09:50 PM

937 posts, read 1,134,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by archon445 View Post
Orly? Black women are almost as vocal about it as stormfronters.

You don't get out much do you.

Since black women are vocal about it you can't simply write it off as a white supremacist thing to be against race mixing. In fact many asian american males are starting to become very anti-race mixing. (which is understandable since asian american males have it pretty bad, there's alot of angry asian men in the U.S. because asian women and white women won't give them a chance)

If there's not any balance in the dating game then things might very well get ugly. There has to be balance and unfortunatly you can't force someone to be attracted to someone of another race.

This diversity experiment that the west is engaged in has a very interesting and unpredictable future for it.
Since when does one black woman's video represent all black women or even most black women? Black women are not anti race mixing. In fact more and more black women are dating interracial. Why don't you conduct a quick search on youtube. Type in bw and interracial relationships. I'm willing to bet that you will find far more black women posting videos of their interracial relationships than the reverse. But of course, you know this already. You simply want to portray black women as hateful, because that helps further your agenda.

And for the record, I'm a black woman and I like seeing interracial relationships.

Last edited by CityGirl332; 06-01-2013 at 10:05 PM..

Old 06-01-2013, 10:00 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Since when does one black woman's video represent all black women or even most black women? Black women are not anti race mixing. In fact more and more black women are dating interracial. Why don't you conduct a quick search on youtube. Type in bw and interracial relationships. I'm willing to bet that you will find far more black women posting videos of their interracial relationships than the reverse. But of course, you know this already. You simply want to portray black women as hateful, because that helps further your agenda.

And for the record, I'm a black woman and like seeing interracial relationships.
he's just trying to feel better and defend it like "oh he murdered someone too so its okay"

Old 06-01-2013, 10:01 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,471,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
pathetic.

Cheerios dragged into race row after releasing advert featuring mixed-race family | Mail Online

AdWeek reported that the comment section contained numerous references to Nazis, 'troglodytes' and 'racial genocide

im not a regulation guy, but im getting there with the internet. im tired of reading crap like this from mainly white males who are so jealous of a black guy with a white woman. im glad cheerios isnt backing down.
I'm not sure why I was surprised when I stumbled on this thread and a article revealing there was controversy over this commercial. Maybe it was because I was still surprised by this commercial. Being mulatto that was a child through the '70s and '80s I thought to myself when I saw this commercial, "Times have really changed."

I was pleased with the commercial and thought the little girl was cute and the father and mother characters just as good and attractive. The ambiance of the home life in the commercial was appealing too. It had a peace and stability and normalcy about it.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:14 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I am about thirty and live in Washington State, one of the leading states in interracial marriage...first, let me say that TEXAS ISN'T THE WHOLE USA. Second, overwhelming majority of Washingtonians and 99.9999999% if Seattlites have no issue with interracial marriage.

Why do "red staters" think they are America? Washington State is America too, and we have no issue with that here:"At the King County marriage license office, about 1 in 5 couples who take the plunge is interracial."-
Mixed marriages becoming more common in Wash. | KING5.com Seattle

Seeing this many black white or other interracial marriages helps keep right-wing hacks away...that and the little "scarecrow" statue we have against them in Fremont helps out too:

So by all means, STAY IN TEXAS! We have no time for bigoted right-wing hacks in Seattle.
Just so you know - that idiot doesn't speak for Texas.

Texas is ranked #2 out of the 50 states when it comes to interracial dating, as well as interracial marriage.
Top 20 States For Interracial Dating (INFOGRAPHIC)
U.S. rate of interracial marriage hits record high

Interracial couples of all sorts are a very common sight in Texas. As I stated earlier, my kids are biracial and are now grown. Ever since they started dating in Texas, they've dated (and married) whoever the heck they wanted. They are half Caucasian and half African American, basically, and they've married white, Hispanic, and Korean spouses (my youngest isn't married yet - but he's been dating a cute, preppy little Caucasian girl for over a year now). They have not experienced any issues or intolerance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies