Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2013, 11:09 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
I don't approve of interracial marriages or relationships. I realize that many of you feel otherwise, and I can respect that, but I view your point of view as being more or less that of a pre-programmed, media and academia induced point of view. If the media doesn't find a view popular, you trash it. If the media agrees with something, you come out in favor of it.

Seeing this commercial, it does appear odd. I have a cousin who is white, and he is married to a black woman. Even after years of knowing him and his wife, his relationship is still weird. He has two boys who are bi-racial.

Whether you find these relationships as acceptable or not, one cannot try to assume that a person's viewpoint of these relationships is better than the other, or that a person's viewpoint is based on nothing more than hate or bigotry. The fact is, most people don't like interracial relationships because it seems to go against what is natural, by and large. At least, that is how they view it.

Another thing to consider is that white genes are recessive. So while some of you scoff at the arguments of some that it represents white genocide, it isn't that far off the mark from what the end result will be if interracial relationships become the norm.

I simply wish that most of you on this site, who are of a liberal persuasion, would stop the robotic nature of "stop the bigotry" before you even open your mouths. It's like some of you are trained to stay the same five or so statements to happenings such as this. Come on. Everything isn't as black or white like you think, but it is sometimes very different.
The cherry on top of a vomit-inducing post. Your POV has everything to do with bigotry and hate and irrational fear of those that are different. EVERYTHING.

Lol, crying about white genocide when there are more whites living in the U.S. today then at any time in our history. Good grief, right-wingers.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:13 PM

811 posts, read 1,054,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
The cherry on top of a vomit-inducing post. Your post has everything to do with bigotry and hate. EVERYTHING.
I'm sorry that you feel that way.

I simply do not condone interracial relationships because they do not seem natural to me. It has nothing to do with hate.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Non, mon ami, everything isn't as black and white as YOU think. I've never even given the "purity" of the white race a second thought, and if the entire planet becomes a lovely shade of cocoa, it wouldn't be such a bad thing.
Different people value different things.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:20 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,417,405 times
Quote:

I simply do not condone interracial relationships because they do not seem natural to me. It has nothing to do with hate.
I don't see what's unnatural about two human beings hooking up. We're all the same species.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:21 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That has happened alot. Many women I've been attracted to didn't feel the same about me. However, I keep trying.

As for interracial marriage, I've ever disapproved of it, and I don't have a problem with it. I've never thought of it as "not natural". Maybe it's because my attitude is different.
It will happen.

To some it's normal. To others they need spankings. A human is a human. It's not hard.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:22 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
It will happen.

To some it's normal. To others they need spankings. A human is a human. It's not hard.
I feel the same way.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:25 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Quote:

You're welcome to your feelings, of course, but what gets me is when those who expect their intolerance to be "tolerated", otherwise those who tolerate/accept are "hypocrites".

Old 06-02-2013, 11:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
I don't see what's unnatural about two human beings hooking up. We're all the same species.
That's what my mother used to tell me. "We're all cats. Some cats are black and some are white, but we're all cats. It's not like a cat mating with a dog."
MY momma didn't raise no fools.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:38 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Trying not to violate the TOS here but the "unnatural" angle is just pure hogwash.

I'm a white guy. When Beyonce, Eva Mendes, or Jamie Chung appear on tv let's just say all systems are go. I have no control over it. It's a natural reaction.

And yes this is my same argument I use with my girlfriend when Beyonce's Pepsi commercial comes on and I begin to drool.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
You're welcome to your feelings, of course, but what gets me is when those who expect their intolerance to be "tolerated", otherwise those who tolerate/accept are "hypocrites".
Who exactly is intolerant? Someone who disagrees with interracial relationships, or someone who doesn't tolerate someone having those views? You see, it goes both ways.

In reality, tolerance is subjective here. The subject is interracial relationships. One can either be for or against. People aren't going to agree on every subject, and this one is no different. Poised differently, you could be said to be the one who is intolerant of someone with a different view from your own on the subject. You simply perceive the person who is against these relationships as the intolerant one because you don't realize the subject is neutral, for or against. People have different reasons for supporting or being opposed to relationships such as these. It really comes down to the reasons, in terms of whether one could argue it a point of hate. For most, I don't think that is the case
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies