Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2013, 12:00 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
How could I forget...so very terrible.

Trial begins of 4 marines charged with torture slay of sgt. and his wife* - NY Daily News

I'll be looking to see the outcome of this trial.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:25 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Guess you missed the real life experience where a WM/BW couple were attacked last year, particularly the WM, by a group of black men angry at them being together in public...

As a woman of African descent, I've experienced the most negativity from black or African men...about my parents' relationship and my own. Does that men that this is the norm for black men? No. But there are simply unstable men (and women) of all backgrounds.
I would definitely agree with this as well. I have had numerous similar experiences as well but I (like most other BW who have encountered the same) tend to not share them because of the respect that I have for the majority of Black men who are not of that mindset.

Old 06-03-2013, 12:47 PM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
So you would like to ban people from voicing their opinion if you dont like it?

The stereotypical "mixed race" couple is an extremely obese white female creature and a crackhead black guy acting like he just won the lottery because he found himself a caucasian cow that no sane white male would want anyways.
Never mind what I said before. THIS ^^ is the classiest post of the day.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:04 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I would definitely agree with this as well. I have had numerous similar experiences as well but I (like most other BW who have encountered the same) tend to not share them because of the respect that I have for the majority of Black men who are not of that mindset.
Exactly...thank you.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:25 PM

57,285 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Hard to believe that some people still can't accept mixed race couples in 2013, some posts on here could have been taken from 70 years ago.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:47 AM

105 posts, read 91,847 times
Default Why do people in America have such a problem with white female/black male relationship

Just Checking - YouTube

Cheerios has had this commercial up for over a week on YouTube and it has gathered millions of views compared to the other videos on their subscription page. Unfortunately they had to disable their comment section due to discriminatory comments made by individuals.

It is 2013...why do people in America have a problem with this specific type of interracial relationship? I am almost certain that this commercial wouldve not been as popular if it was a asian female/white man, asian man/white female or even if it was a black female/white man. Why do people get so pissed when they see black men dating white women. It is to the point where I heard that white men would not even touch a white women if they are sexually involved with black men.

A good friend of mine who is white, says in all honesty white men are afraid of black men. That is why they put certain restrictions and protocols to bring them down in America. This is why the media negative portray black men stereotypically.

As a black man I feel it in the work place and when I date white women. People just look pissed. I don't understand what is the problem with black male/white female relationships? If countries in Europe can have conversations and feel comfortable making commercials depicting interracial families (they have been doing that for decades) why are people in America so uptight about an interracial commercial (probably the first commercial I have ever seen in America depicting a standard interracial family)?

So sad and it goes to show you that rather than running away from it and sweeping it under a rug, we should start confronting racial issues. That is the only was this nation will become more progressive.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:55 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
I don't know anyone who does or would have a problem with such a relationship. Sounds like a bunch of paranoid BS.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:59 AM

105 posts, read 91,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I don't know anyone who does or would have a problem with such a relationship. Sounds like a bunch of paranoid BS.
Why would Cheerios have to disable their comments page? Why is a simple video of this commercial generating so many views online when there other videos hasnt generated nearly as many views. People with your mindset is the reason why racism is still alive today. You refuse to see it and walk blindly.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:02 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,080,860 times
OP you must be young, and not know any better. But lets be honest, most of what you are saying is pure BS.

Old 06-07-2013, 12:05 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
ironically, the people who are upset the most by your dating a white woman? black women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies