Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2013, 01:59 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Because the Whiteman has envy of the Blackman's perceived size advantage.
I say perceived because I cannot confirm first hand.
And perception is pretty much all it is. The studies show that size difference between races are a myth.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:59 PM

105 posts, read 91,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. I have to agree with the other poster. Other than celebrities and the wealthy, every wf/bm couple I know or even see the woman is a good bit overweight. Dosent bother me in the least, just one of those things that make you go hummmm.
Psychology says white men use this perception to make themselves feel better than black men and to compensate what they lack in other places

Old 06-07-2013, 02:00 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPeter View Post
There was another member who stated based on observation only obese white women date black men. It was a racist statement so I called him out.
A) No, it wasn't racist.

B) It is, in my anecdotal experience, a rather true statement as well.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:03 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,465 times
Quote:
There was another member who stated based on observation only obese white women date black men. It was a racist statement so I called him out. I guarantee you that the commercial wouldn't be as popular as it is right now if the female actor was black and the male actor is white. Just like why there isn't outcry on those silly beer commercials with a token black guy hanging around several attractive white men...come on how often do you see that in the real world???just as often you see a black women with a white man.
However you do see black men with white women uocassionally and it appears to **** people off. Not just white men but black women as well.
You didn't call him out on it
For one, read what you typed, you were saying that obese women don't date black men.

Secondly, you called him racist, and yet he may be calling out a stereotype, but that doesn't make him racist based on the definition of racism.

I am sorry, but I see many black men and white women, and never seen or heard anyone ever being mad about it.

When you stop trying to see racism in everything, you will find less racism.

you are getting mad at others for stereotyping, yet you are doing the same thing. So, are you mad at yourself, for being at the same level as them?

Old 06-07-2013, 02:05 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,081,465 times
Quote:
Psychology says white men use this perception to make themselves feel better than black men and to compensate what they lack in other places
And you know as well as anyone, unless of course you are a white man trying to get people mad at black men, that penile sizes of black men vary from small to large, just as they do with white men.

White men are not scared of black men, anymore then black men are scared of white men

Old 06-07-2013, 02:17 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
And perception is pretty much all it is. The studies show that size difference between races are a myth.
Then why do many studies show a noticeable difference between certain countries, and kinda show those stereotypes to be true (based on majority ethnic group of each country)? Here's one example, and I've seen other sources with these same results: USA Ranks 96 Out Of 116 Countries When It Comes To Penis Size. - WAAF

That being said, I am a white woman who dates black men (not exclusively, but currently and for the last few); I'm not skinny but far from obese, and in my limited experiences the stereotypes about "endowment" were true. But I'm hardly a good study, since I haven't gotten around THAT much. Regardless, while I do admit some stereotypes are based in truth, they are also what they are - generalizations. Even that study I posted above isn't really proof of anything, and I'm sure there are many exceptions in each race.

As for racism against interracial couples, luckily I have never experienced that outwardly around here. But if we traveled to a rural town, particularly in certain parts of the country, I imagine the reactions would be considerably different. Racism is still alive and well, and anyone who says otherwise is either naive or in denial.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:18 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,504,427 times
OP, i'm curious why you would choose these people to represent "people in America"

Old 06-07-2013, 02:22 PM

105 posts, read 91,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Then why do many studies show a noticeable difference between certain countries, and kinda show those stereotypes to be true (based on majority ethnic group of each country)? Here's one example, and I've seen other sources with these same results: USA Ranks 96 Out Of 116 Countries When It Comes To Penis Size. - WAAF

That being said, I am a white woman who dates black men (not exclusively, but currently and for the last few); I'm not skinny but far from obese, and in my limited experiences the stereotypes about "endowment" were true. But I'm hardly a good study, since I haven't gotten around THAT much. Regardless, while I do admit some stereotypes are based in truth, they are also what they are - generalizations. Even that study I posted above isn't really proof of anything, and I'm sure there are many exceptions in each race.

As for racism against interracial couples, luckily I have never experienced that outwardly around here. But if we traveled to a rural town, particularly in certain parts of the country, I imagine the reactions would be considerably different. Racism is still alive and well, and anyone who says otherwise is either naive or in denial.

And racist. Great post

Old 06-07-2013, 02:23 PM

30,358 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
OP, i'm curious why you would choose these people to represent "people in America"
Because they were people who live in America?

Maybe they don't represent the majority, but they do represent a portion of our country... I've seen it myself (not necessarily in regards to who I date), and it disgusts me how prevalent racism still is.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:23 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
What psychology?
The observation of an overwhelming percentage of bm with overweight wf is not a perception its a personal observation. I don't have any first hand knowledge about comparisons of penis size or competition between black and white men on the subject other than jokes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies