Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 02:59 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times

Advertisements

As a white male who has dated an African-American woman, it makes no sense. I had no issue (at least to my face) about dating my ex. I don't know why people think it is wrong.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:02 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,750,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Thank you for demonstrating why I generally stick with non-white men these days, even though I am no longer fat. Fine by me!!
and why would that be? because you are a racist? seems to be the popular excuse nowadays.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:03 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
and why would that be? because you are a racist? seems to be the popular excuse nowadays.
Follow along... I already explained why, and it has nothing to do with racism (more "size-ism").

Old 06-07-2013, 03:03 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,246 times
I'm wondering how many people who are replying to this actually are in an interracial relationship? Because unless you are, you have no clue what it is your are talking about.

I am. I'm black, married to a white woman, and live in the so called "tolerant" SF Bay Area. We have been the subject of so much racism, blatant racism, its not even funny. Woke up one morning to my wife's car with "N-word lover" spraypainted on it. Not just from the general public, but her family as well. I've been with my wife since age 14; I am now 48. Her grandparents refuse to talk to me. Oh and I know the reply: They are old. They don't know any better.

Sure, I'll tell you what, come down the Alameda Country Fair next month. I'll be walking around with my wife and wait for the comments: "She is only with him because he has a big d***." "Oh, she has no self esteem." "Damn N- words think they can take over the world."

Most of you people are living in a fantasy world of "its what I want the world to be like." Yet, it is not. Racism is alive and well. It hasn't been reduced. Its only gone more covert.

I work with a younger girl. She is 32 now. She is white and 6 yrs ago had a child with a black man. Her then boyfriend. I remember her coming to me just about 2 years ago and talking about all of her negative experiences (mostly negative comments from white people). She said, "Phil. I thought you were full of it. I thought you were just making up some of those things. I mean I know people talk, but my god." Her daughter gets picked on at school, in fact for you flavor of the month "fans," she is bullied. And this is in San Leandro, where there is an EXTREMELY high black population.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
I have no idea. But unless I misread the OP, I don't recall him saying it represented the entire nation... he's just saying racism is still an issue, and I happen to agree. Are you saying it isn't?
the OP is saying much more than that. he's saying that anyone who doesn't think exactly like he does is a racist. that's pathetic. racism is an issue. looks at the blacks vs. hispanics in south central los angeles. look at the way koreans and blacks interact in the same area. clearly racism is alive and well in california.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Follow along... I already explained why, and it has nothing to do with racism (more "size-ism").
so I was right. you buy into stereotypes about blacks. according to the OP, that makes you a racist. follow along.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
I'm wondering how many people who are replying to this actually are in an interracial relationship? Because unless you are, you have no clue what it is your are talking about.

I am. I'm black, married to a white woman, and live in the so called "tolerant" SF Bay Area. We have been the subject of so much racism, blatant racism, its not even funny. Woke up one morning to my wife's car with "N-word lover" spraypainted on it. Not just from the general public, but her family as well. I've been with my wife since age 14; I am now 48. Her grandparents refuse to talk to me. Oh and I know the reply: They are old. They don't know any better.
Already said I'm in an interracial (black/white) relationship, and have solely dated outside my race for quite a while now - AND I too live in the Bay Area. So why haven't I experienced this overt racism around here?

I'm sure we have racists here too, but maybe certain towns/neighborhoods are worse than others? I have literally never been a victim of racism in the Bay Area, even when I lived in the Central Valley and had a black boyfriend... well, at least not for being in an IR relationship (being Jewish has gotten me some nasty and/or ignorant comments).

Old 06-07-2013, 03:06 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,829,224 times
I thought the majority of people in America were actually okay with interracial relationships.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
so I was right. you buy into stereotypes about blacks. according to the OP, that makes you a racist. follow along.
LOL... I wasn't talking about penis size (rather how non-skinny women are treated). I'm not the one having trouble following the conversation, apparently.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:10 PM

816 posts, read 1,947,306 times
Sounds like OP has some major insecurity issues.

I'm not scared of black men and I'm white.

Usually I hear people saying that when they see a white woman date a black man, they're usually the ugly wh*re. Of course, not all of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies