Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2013, 07:54 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Yep, put a skirt on a pig and it's still a pig!
Referring to Blacks as "pigs", huh? Now it is clear you have a strong resentment to Blacks. You claimed in another post about them being "genetically defective", and needing to be kept separate. And you wonder why many posters get mad at you.

BTW, corralling people in one place didn't "control" such behavior. It just made it easier to forget. t was "out of side, out of mind" mentality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 07:54 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I don't like the way pigs behave. Always snorting swear words and play music too loud all hours of the night, you know?
I'd figured as much. Embrace your hate...don't water it down for anyone.

I just understand why all the side-steppin".

Old 06-02-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Kids having kids...
And often, the out of wedlock birthrate is high, the attainment of education is low, high unemployment rate, and broken homes are involved. A community resurgence and brighter prospects involve education, jobs, and solid families. I also believe it should start in the church. The Civil Rights movement started in the church. It was a powerful force in the movement. I believe it should get involved again to solve the problems in the inner city.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:11 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Yep, blame the Black man for every problem in society, forget the fact that Blacks suffer the most in this society.
Did I blame all blacks for everything in society?

FWIW, I without question, as a college educated white man, loath white trash more than any other group in society today for the name they give me.

The problem I see in the black community is, where in the blue sky are the leaders and why aren't they out demanding change within their own communities? All my African black friends I went to college with - even THEM - couldn't understand the mindset of the American black. What exactly does that tell you? Is that "racism" too? Nonsense. Rubbish.

Where exactly is the black leadership demanding black Americans change unequivocally for the betterment of their greater community? It boggles my mind that there really is not one profound voice in the black community to stand up and say enough! Bill Cosby, maybe. But he isn't out there making a stand really.

Don't blame me that the overwhelming crime is coming out of that community, and you sure can't blame me for past indiscretions of white folks as many of my ancestors weren't even on this continent until the 20th century, and even then only in MN where there is absolutely a minuscule amount of racial indiscretions.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:44 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post

Where exactly is the black leadership demanding black Americans change unequivocally for the betterment of their greater community? It boggles my mind that there really is not one profound voice in the black community to stand up and say enough! Bill Cosby, maybe. But he isn't out there making a stand really.
I think blacks tend to work on their problems without shouting them out to the world. There is enough negative stereotyping of blacks without blacks further advertising problems within their community. It ain't like someone outside the community is going to help.

If you look at the statistics over the last 30 years you do see a good size decline in crime in general and among blacks. Things are getting better as the most virulent forms of racism (which I seldom see outside of this forum) decline.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
Did I blame all blacks for everything in society?

FWIW, I without question, as a college educated white man, loath white trash more than any other group in society today for the name they give me.

The problem I see in the black community is, where in the blue sky are the leaders and why aren't they out demanding change within their own communities? All my African black friends I went to college with - even THEM - couldn't understand the mindset of the American black. What exactly does that tell you? Is that "racism" too? Nonsense. Rubbish.

Don't blame me that the overwhelming crime is coming out of that community, and you sure can't blame me for past indiscretions of white folks as many of my ancestors weren't even on this continent until the 20th century, and even then only in MN where there is absolutely a minuscule amount of racial indiscretions.
You claimed that "the pig" was the scourge of society.

I was not blaming you for the crime that was coming out of the community. I was blaming you for YOUR words and actions, and yours alone.

And whenever Black people have called out such repugnant behavior, what has happened? Well, take Bill Cosby for instance. He called it out, and he got hounded by members of the Black underclass. Middle class Blacks would listen to his speeches, and even working class Blacks. However, the ones he was targeting, that should have listened, would never listen. When Michael Nutter(mayor of Philadelphia) made his speech condemning the teenagers involved in the mob violence of August 2011, yes, people in the church cheered him on. He got involved. However, the teenagers he condemned, they weren't listening. They didn't care. He was looked at as "Uncle Tom" in their eyes.

Perhaps you don't understand the dynamics taking place. What happens to Black students who get excellent grades in school? Many of them get made fun of, denigrated as "acting White".

Perhaps you need to understand that fear is a major factor. After Dr. King and Malcolm X got killed, well, that pretty much got rid of any leaders who were willing to die for their causes. The only people willing to die for a cause are often extremists, and this is only because they are willing to kill. People listen to those who tell them what they want to hear, not anything that could actually help them. And this is not limited to the Black community. This is all over America. This is an American trend.

And please think about this. Alot of Black people have done what Chris Rock has suggested, vote with your feet. Blacks are doing what Whites have done in response to rising crime. Blacks head out to the suburbs just as Whites have done as well.

And I have also gone to college and have African friends. I can almost understand why they don't understand. They aren't from America. They haven't lived the same narrative as Black Americans. I understand differently because I am Black American and I live closer to it. I have a few relatives who won't listen to what anyone tells them. Blacks can disavow bad-behaving Blacks all they want. It isn't stopped them.

There are Black people who are saying "enough". However, there are many who aren't listening. And I also feel that many Black people do not want to air their dirty laundry out to the public.

Old 06-02-2013, 08:58 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
I also believe it should start in the church. The Civil Rights movement started in the church. It was a powerful force in the movement. I believe it should get involved again to solve the problems in the inner city.
Sorry, I'm an atheist, can't help you there...but when I think of Church I do think of
promoting shame for certain acts - getting pregnant out of wedlock would fit that.
Maybe communities should be more upfront about sex without consequence, and
why it's wrong to think it takes a village to raise a child, if you aren't willing to be a
productive member of the village, yourself

As far as education, I think idle hands lead to idle minds. Inner city gardens, construction
and beautification projects are what really is going to excite these kids. Put them to work,
in a good way

Old 06-02-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Sorry, I'm an atheist, can't help you there...but when I think of Church I do think of
promoting shame for certain acts - getting pregnant out of wedlock would fit that.
Maybe communities should be more upfront about sex without consequence, and
why it's wrong to think it takes a village to raise a child, if you aren't willing to be a
productive member of the village, yourself

As far as education, I think idle hands lead to idle minds. Inner city gardens, construction
and beautification projects are what really is going to excite these kids. Put them to work,
in a good way
I believe that if there was more shame towards out-of-wedlock births and shame towards sex outside of marriage, maybe such behaviors would be curtailed. I also believe that if more people are learning and doing more projects, more can be done, and much less time doing bad stuff. I believe that it can start in the church. I don't think this would be as easy to do in the schools.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:16 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,163 times
Quote:
You claimed that "the pig" was the scourge of society.

I was not blaming you for the crime that was coming out of the community. I was blaming you for YOUR words and actions, and yours alone.

And whenever Black people have called out such repugnant behavior, what has happened? Well, take Bill Cosby for instance. He called it out, and he got hounded by members of the Black underclass. Middle class Blacks would listen to his speeches, and even working class Blacks. However, the ones he was targeting, that should have listened, would never listen. When Michael Nutter(mayor of Philadelphia) made his speech condemning the teenagers involved in the mob violence of August 2011, yes, people in the church cheered him on. He got involved. However, the teenagers he condemned, they weren't listening. They didn't care. He was looked at as "Uncle Tom" in their eyes.

Perhaps you don't understand the dynamics taking place. What happens to Black students who get excellent grades in school? Many of them get made fun of, denigrated as "acting White".

Perhaps you need to understand that fear is a major factor. After Dr. King and Malcolm X got killed, well, that pretty much got rid of any leaders who were willing to die for their causes. The only people willing to die for a cause are often extremists, and this is only because they are willing to kill. People listen to those who tell them what they want to hear, not anything that could actually help them. And this is not limited to the Black community. This is all over America. This is an American trend.

And please think about this. Alot of Black people have done what Chris Rock has suggested, vote with your feet. Blacks are doing what Whites have done in response to rising crime. Blacks head out to the suburbs just as Whites have done as well.

And I have also gone to college and have African friends. I can almost understand why they don't understand. They aren't from America. They haven't lived the same narrative as Black Americans. I understand differently because I am Black American and I live closer to it. I have a few relatives who won't listen to what anyone tells them. Blacks can disavow bad-behaving Blacks all they want. It isn't stopped them.

There are Black people who are saying "enough". However, there are many who aren't listening. And I also feel that many Black people do not want to air their dirty laundry out to the public.
And of everything you posted there, is any of that my problem - the problem of the white American community? Even if some of it is, and some of it probably is, you can't use that as a crutch forever. Is it not true that blacks were better off than they are now some 50, even 70 years ago? That should tell you exactly what you need to know about the black mindset today. Your community should never have regressed when just about every other community of color seems to have progressed in the duration.

That's exactly where well-meaning blacks fall short - you have to clean your own house first, and please understand that when the general (mostly white) American population continues to hear blacks about their plight there is so much of it we can stand to hear before we are nauseated. And that is a lot of what you are seeing on this forum, where in anonymity people can say we've had enough (and the crime epidemic that blacks have unleashed on whites in America is probably the biggest problem, considering violent black-on-white crime is something like seven times as much as the reverse.)

Only blacks can clean their own house, not whites.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:27 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
I believe that if there was more shame towards out-of-wedlock births and shame towards sex outside of marriage, maybe such behaviors would be curtailed. I also believe that if more people are learning and doing more projects, more can be done, and much less time doing bad stuff. I believe that it can start in the church. I don't think this would be as easy to do in the schools.
That is how it was in the past. The church is on it's way out.
Government and school is taking its place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies