Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 09:00 AM

370 posts, read 247,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Those statistics can be used and twisted in any way possible. The numbers don't tell everything. The statistics can give a general idea. The statistics can give you one conclusion, but only to a certain extent. For instance, the crime rates by race. Statistics can be drawn by one statistic, in terms of race. However, does this racial statistic about crime adjust for education level, income level, family status, employment status, and other factors? Not any stats I've seen. Do some of these stats adjust for geographic proximity? No. I will give you an example of this.

Prince George's County,Maryland, the richest predominantly Black county in the USA. It has a high murder rate, paradoxically. Alot of people will say "well, you have a rich Black county, and have high crime, so it shows Blacks are criminally inclined". Well, this crime statistic does not account for geography. Prince George's County is located next to the worst parts of DC. The Beltway area is where most of the crimes take place. Criminals from DC go to PG County because it's close, and crime isn't punished as strictly in Maryland as it is in Virginia. PG County is a preferred spot for criminals. Statistics often don't tell you that. Look at Bowie,MD. 50% Black and the crime rate is low there. It's far from the Beltway.

Another example would be Lathrup Village,Michigan. Over the past 10 years, this community has had a low crime rate, with the exception of 2008(and maybe 2010). It's a small community, so any amount of crime can send the murder rate up. Blacks of high means went here to live somewhere safe, and for the most part it has worked. However, some crime has spilled over. Geography plays a part in this.

If a person kills someone...or commits any violent crime, it doesn't matter where he lives...where he's from...what his education is...his income or any other marxist doubletalk excuses.

Once the person commits the crime, all that is irrelevant. He's now a criminal.

The facts are that "black" people commit OVER HALF of ALL violent crime in america despite only being 13% of the population.
Why are you so intent on making excuses for criminals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 09:04 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Would you like to take a bet on that? I have black folks as next door neighbors, they appear to be good people, they refer to them selves as good Christians, but I have had to call the police on them about 10 times in the last few months. They got a dog shortly after moving in and he seemed some what neglected, no food, no water, no shelter, left out in the cold for hours on end to bark incessantly. I have had the humane society officers out to survey the situation and am in contact with them on a regular basis. Now it seems that they have determined I am the one who "turned them in" they have turned ghetto on me. I said hi to one of the kids and she stuck her tongue out at me and gave me a dirty look, the older kids whisper and laugh at me when the see me, as if they are talking crap about me. Soon I am looking for them to pull the race card on me and I feel it won't be long. Well I guess they want to do what ever they want, even disturb their neighbors and violate the law, but the minute anyone say's anything, they will turn ghetto. How about telling me how to handle this with out being labeled a "racist"????????????? Oh, and this is only one example of the crap I put up with from these "good Christians" on a daily basis.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:09 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
If a person kills someone...or commits any violent crime, it doesn't matter where he lives...where he's from...what his education is...his income or any other marxist doubletalk excuses.

Once the person commits the crime, all that is irrelevant. He's now a criminal.

The facts are that "black" people commit OVER HALF of ALL violent crime in america despite only being 13% of the population.
Why are you so intent on making excuses for criminals?
My intent wasn't to make any excuses. My intent was to show you that most of the crimes committed by Blacks are not committed by regular Joe or the average Black person. The average Black criminal is most likely someone from the ghetto, raised in a single parent home(often with no father there), poorly educated, involved with drugs, not raised properly, or falls in with criminals. That was my point. Statistics are only a generalization. They do not tell the whole story. Of course, your intent is to say "Blacks are a problem population".

If you adjusted for so many factors, you would get totally different results as far as crime is concerned. My question is "WHO in the Black community is committing the crimes"? You don't ask that because your agenda is basically "Avoid Black people". I can smell it a mile away. Your "that's Marxist doubletalk" is merely an excuse to deflect from my argument because it doesn't fit your agenda. Have I once denied the crime rate? No. I was asking you to look at those statistics much more closely.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:13 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
My intent wasn't to make any excuses. My intent was to show you that most of the crimes committed by Blacks are not committed by regular Joe or the average Black person. The average Black criminal is most likely someone from the ghetto, raised in a single parent home(often with no father there), poorly educated, involved with drugs, not raised properly, or falls in with criminals. That was my point. Statistics are only a generalization. They do not tell the whole story. Of course, your intent is to say "Blacks are a problem population".

If you adjusted for so many factors, you would get totally different results as far as crime is concerned. My question is "WHO in the Black community is committing the crimes"? You don't ask that because your agenda is basically "Avoid Black people". I can smell it a mile away. Your "that's Marxist doubletalk" is merely an excuse to deflect from my argument because it doesn't fit your agenda. Have I once denied the crime rate? No. I was asking you to look at those statistics much more closely.
The problem is that statistics show a greater percentage of that minority group commit the crimes.
That leads to the "perception" that the average Black person comes from the inner city, is poor with a high probability of a criminal record.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Would you like to take a bet on that? I have black folks as next door neighbors, they appear to be good people, they refer to them selves as good Christians, but I have had to call the police on them about 10 times in the last few months. They got a dog shortly after moving in and he seemed some what neglected, no food, no water, no shelter, left out in the cold for hours on end to bark incessantly. I have had the humane society officers out to survey the situation and am in contact with them on a regular basis. Now it seems that they have determined I am the one who "turned them in" they have turned ghetto on me. I said hi to one of the kids and she stuck her tongue out at me and gave me a dirty look, the older kids whisper and laugh at me when the see me, as if they are talking crap about me. Soon I am looking for them to pull the race card on me and I feel it won't be long. Well I guess they want to do what ever they want, even disturb their neighbors and violate the law, but the minute anyone say's anything, they will turn ghetto. How about telling me how to handle this with out being labeled a "racist"????????????? Oh, and this is only one example of the crap I put up with from these "good Christians" on a daily basis.
Where exactly in the Pittsburgh area do you live? I have Black neighbors and I have never had these kinds of problems with them. Never saw anything where they let their pets roam the neighborhood or starved their pets. The only neighbors where I live who have let their dogs roam or gone into neglect(where I currently live) have been White, and they were kind of, well, of the "redneck" subculture. Perhaps the problem is UNDERCLASS behavior. I've said this before. The behavior you describe, I don't see this among middle class Blacks at all. What you are describing is underclass behavior. And I imagine, since Pittsburgh is home to one of the poorest Black populations in America and the second highest Black unemployment rate in the nation, that there is a large underclass.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:15 AM

370 posts, read 247,063 times
Quote:

whatever...The bottom line is that ....all of the crimes committed by "blacks" are committed by...."blacks".

"Adjust" for any "factors" you like. It doesn't change the race of the criminals...I do NOT care WHY criminals commit crimes. There ARE other options.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:16 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
And anyone pointing out an embarrassing fact is automatically labeled racist in order to try to shut them up. I get how this works now.
Exactly! It is the cure all phrase for blacks. Don't like what someone says, label them a racist. By the way, this is getting old real fast, better find a new one.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The problem is that statistics show a greater percentage of that minority group commit the crimes.
That leads to the "perception" that the average Black person comes from the inner city, is poor with a high probability of a criminal record.
It will show that, if you don't adjust for other factors. What alot of people don't take into account is that most of these crimes occur in the inner city, or among the underclass. I am not seeing this behavior much among middle class Blacks or educated Blacks. A better question to ask is: WHO within the Black population commits the most crime?

And I have to ask this about that perception: How does that perception help me as a young Black man? What do I get out of it?

Old 06-01-2013, 09:21 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
It will show that, if you don't adjust for other factors. What alot of people don't take into account is that most of these crimes occur in the inner city, or among the underclass. I am not seeing this behavior much among middle class Blacks or educated Blacks. A better question to ask is: WHO within the Black population commits the most crime?

And I have to ask this about that perception: How does that perception help me as a young Black man? What do I get out of it?
It doesn't matter where they occur. The fact is that they occur.

You are a minority inside of a minority.
It does not help you at all; if anything it makes it harder for Blacks like you to make advancement in life.

Chinese and Indians are minorities and have a completely different perception by Americans.
Guns, gangs, drugs or education, drive, entrepreneurship.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
whatever...The bottom line is that ....all of the crimes committed by "blacks" are committed by...."blacks".

"Adjust" for any "factors" you like. It doesn't change the race of the criminals...I do NOT care WHY criminals commit crimes. There ARE other options.
That is YOUR bottom line. My bottom line is that it isn't educated Blacks, middle class Blacks, or those who are not part of the underclass that you should worry about. It isn't those segments of the Black population committing the crimes.

The crime statistics do not represent most of the Black population, nor does it apply to the majority of Blacks. You should care about the factors, because when those factors are solved, crime rates will drop. Go read Thomas Sowell's Black Rednecks and White Liberals. He basically said that as Blacks became more educated, they left a certain subculture behind, and those who didn't leave it behind became mired in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies