Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 12:51 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Source? Link?

Are you saying it's just a coincidence that "black" people are committing such a disproportionate amount of crime?
Read some literature on Thomas Sowell. You might understand what I'm talking about.

Quote:
"Adjusting"? Explain how you "adjust" statistics to determine that "black" people who commit crime aren't responsible for their own behavior.
I never said people weren't responsible for their own behavior. I said you find much more criminal behavior among the underclass and the uneducated. And my point was that statistics do not adjust for certain factors such as how someone was raised.

Quote:
Now you're exposed.

There are more white people in the u.s than "black". Right?
Therefore there are more poor white people in the u.s. than poor "black", therefore there are more white "underclass". Right?

In fact, if all the poor "underclass" white people were HALF as violent and criminal as "black" people there would be carnage in the streets.
All excuses aside, the fact remains; "black" people commit OVER HALF of ALL violent crime in the u.s....despite only being 13% of the population.

Google it, use wiki....whatever you want

And poor White people tend to live in rural areas, where as poor Black people tend to live in crowded areas, in ghettos, in housing projects. Live in urban areas, there are more factors that go into committing crime. Other factors you don't seem to account for are the number of out of wedlock births, number of children raised in single-parent homes, often without the father there, and the fact that drugs are rife in the inner cities.

And you should read this: http://articles.baltimoresun.com/199...stern-kentucky
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post

I'm sure this womans child was so proud of her Mom...STILL flappin' her jibs while getting shoved in the back of a squad car.

No matter the color....it's still TRASH
It doesn't matter what race the person is, classless behavior is classless behavior.

Old 06-01-2013, 12:54 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by never-more View Post
Golf? What's politically wrong with that?
~

golf is associated with obama

Old 06-01-2013, 12:55 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
golf is associated with obama
Now watch this drive!

Old 06-01-2013, 01:20 PM

370 posts, read 247,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post

And poor White people tend to live in rural areas,
Link? Source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner
where as poor Black people tend to live in crowded areas, in ghettos, in housing projects.
Why is that? who is paying for those housing projects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner
Live in urban areas, there are more factors that go into committing crime. Other factors you don't seem to account for are the number of out of wedlock births, number of children raised in single-parent homes, often without the father there, and the fact that drugs are rife in the inner cities.

And you should read this: Kentucky Murder Rate | Kentucky homicide rates outdo those of major cities - Baltimore Sun
So how do all those various excuses justify excessive criminal behavior?

Why are so many out of wedlock births? Why is no father present? drugs are everywhere...that won't work.
Why are they so dysfunctional? Whose fault is it?

Old 06-01-2013, 01:29 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Where exactly in the Pittsburgh area do you live? I have Black neighbors and I have never had these kinds of problems with them. Never saw anything where they let their pets roam the neighborhood or starved their pets. The only neighbors where I live who have let their dogs roam or gone into neglect(where I currently live) have been White, and they were kind of, well, of the "redneck" subculture. Perhaps the problem is UNDERCLASS behavior. I've said this before. The behavior you describe, I don't see this among middle class Blacks at all. What you are describing is underclass behavior. And I imagine, since Pittsburgh is home to one of the poorest Black populations in America and the second highest Black unemployment rate in the nation, that there is a large underclass.
I am about 20 mi north of the Burgh, in the city of New Kensington. These people appear middle class on the outside, maybe ghetto on the inside. The kids appear clean and polite, but call them on something and the ghetto comes out. They also don't seem to care that the police have been there numerous times, police come talk to them, they put dog inside, police go, dog is back out barking again. and now they are mad a me, go figure. They don't seem to get it!

Old 06-01-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
Link? Source?

Why is that? who is paying for those housing projects?

So how do all those various excuses justify excessive criminal behavior?

Why are so many out of wedlock births? Why is no father present? drugs are everywhere...that won't work.
Why are they so dysfunctional? Whose fault is it?
Read history and look at the history of Chicago's housing projects. Blacks were coming up from the South looking for work. They were basically not welcomed in most places and were discriminated against. The housing projects were built to provide housing. However, these projects were built in such a way that people were isolated from the rest of society.

As for out of wedlock births, no father present, and the dysfunctional culture, well, please read this: http://www.freedomkeys.com/blackrednecks

And consider this. Out of wedlock birthrates have been on the rise for years, since the 1970s.

Old 06-01-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I am about 20 mi north of the Burgh, in the city of New Kensington. These people appear middle class on the outside, maybe ghetto on the inside. The kids appear clean and polite, but call them on something and the ghetto comes out. They also don't seem to care that the police have been there numerous times, police come talk to them, they put dog inside, police go, dog is back out barking again. and now they are mad a me, go figure. They don't seem to get it!
I would watch this:

Q&A: Thomas Sowell 5 of 7 - YouTube

Old 06-01-2013, 02:33 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
Read history and look at the history of Chicago's housing projects. Blacks were coming up from the South looking for work. They were basically not welcomed in most places and were discriminated against. The housing projects were built to provide housing. However, these projects were built in such a way that people were isolated from the rest of society.

As for out of wedlock births, no father present, and the dysfunctional culture, well, please read this: http://www.freedomkeys.com/blackrednecks

And consider this. Out of wedlock birthrates have been on the rise for years, since the 1970s.
Unfortunately, taking away the projects and moving people into new areas has just spread the crime all over. So isolation wasn't the problem. Here's a great article about Memphis's attempt to close the projects and move people to nicer parts of the city for a new life. The results were a disaster and destroyed many middle class neighborhoods.

American Murder Mystery - Hanna Rosin - The Atlantic

Quote:
Why is crime rising in so many American cities? The answer implicates one of the most celebrated antipoverty programs of recent decades.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:34 PM

370 posts, read 247,063 times
Quote:

Why didn't northerners want them? Why didn't they welcome them? there MUST be some reasons...rampant criminality perhaps?

....so they should have been given free housing in the best neighborhoods and they wouldn't be so criminally inclined today.is that it? Those northern racists! How dare they not give blacks whatever they want!...it's an outrage!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies