Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 07:53 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
It's just something I have noticed and I wondered why. I don't talk politics, but you don't have to talk politics to understand a person's view on life.
In that case - it seems that the answer was given above - you don't work in charitible organizations that conservatives work in.

But - I really don't see how one could know the political persuasion of anyone unless they asked.

It never occurred to me to ask the people who I volunteer beside how they vote - because it is irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 07:53 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
LOL - it makes one wonder if the OP would have rejected a meal if you delivered to him and he found out that you were a conservative.
FYI I'm not a conservative or a liberal. I am independent and vote according to the issues.

Old 05-31-2013, 07:55 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,005,925 times
Quote:
FYI I'm not a conservative or a liberal. I am independent and vote according to the issues.
O.K. - but do you not see how the title of your thread was presumptive and offensive?

Old 05-31-2013, 07:57 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,246 times
Quote:
I've been involved in charity work even before I could work and I can't say that I have ever met anyone with conservative views... unless they were a cop. Why is this? It could just be the activities I participate in, but I have volunteered for a range a programs from ESL programs to habitat for humanity and not too many people seem to espouse conservative views.

People that work for charities don't seem to be conservative either.
How interesting. I am conservative (and a cop). I volunteer at Guide Dogs for the Blind (I also donate money to them), a local domestic violence shelter in Livermore, the Lindsey Wildlife Museum in Walnut Creek, and I teach at DUI Schools for free.

Next round of BS?

Old 05-31-2013, 07:59 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
My wife and I are both conservatives. She mentors poor and disabled children along with caring for her elderly mother. I have done my fair share of community service myself (not because I committed any crime either). The OP apparently hates conservatives and apparently so do some others in here so they make stuff up to demonize them. Shameful!

Old 05-31-2013, 08:04 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Why is it I am betting the "independent" OP ain't voted for a Republican in at least a decade?

Old 05-31-2013, 08:05 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,462 times
*sigh*

Man, I respond to yet another inane conservative rant about how Obama cause a helicopter to get attacked in Afghanistan, and then this.

Stop it. I don't need this sort of thing from my side. If you've really never seen a conservative volunteer, then you probably need to get out more.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:07 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
I've been involved in charity work even before I could work and I can't say that I have ever met anyone with conservative views... unless they were a cop. Why is this? It could just be the activities I participate in, but I have volunteered for a range a programs from ESL programs to habitat for humanity and not too many people seem to espouse conservative views.

People that work for charities don't seem to be conservative either.
Boy, are YOU off the mark. I personally knows dozens and dozens of conservative / libertarian people who volunteer in various ways in various organizations.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:08 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,261,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
O.K. - but do you not see how the title of your thread was presumptive and offensive?
I was asking for the views' and experience of others. Like I said, it could just be where I volunteer. It could be that conservatives are more liberal than they are conservative. To be fair, the most generous donation I ever saw was from a fairly conservative guy that bought a building for a homeless shelter.

Old 05-31-2013, 08:08 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
*sigh*

Man, I respond to yet another inane conservative rant about how Obama cause a helicopter to get attacked in Afghanistan, and then this.

Stop it. I don't need this sort of thing from my side. If you've really never seen a conservative volunteer, then you probably need to get out more.
We really can't get to the point where we believe there are decent people on both sides of the political divide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies