Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2013, 02:38 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Drugs do not help. I agree that using drugs is a bad idea. That being said, the drug war has not done a thing to help the Black community. It has only result in more problems.

One thing about the drug dealing is this. There are considerable number of Black people dealing drugs, but they aren't the ones shipping it. The drugs are being shipped in from Mexico. Drugs have also been shipped in from South America.

Drugs do some horrible things. So far, the way it has been handled, it hasn't worked. It makes one wonder this. Why so some people use drugs in the first place? If people didn't use drugs, then the demand for them would go down and then that would curtail the problem. So far, prison hasn't solved that problem.
It's not just black inner cities being targetted by the very evil drug cartels -- I was shocked to find out the level of overdoes and drug violence and suicides on the Indian reservations, they tribal leaders are helpless and can only sit by and watch their children die.

Guess we can forget condemning those who intoxicated them with whisky to take advantage and profit --- now it's the Mexicans doing it --- and no one, particularly not the liberals cares at all. Same with the disadvantaged in the inner cities. No one is going to do a thing about it. They'll continue to die.

Mexican Pot Gangs Infiltrate Indian Reservations in U.S. - WSJ.com

Mexico-based cartels exploit several conditions unique to reservations, starting with chronically understaffed tribal police departments. Overlapping jurisdictions between tribal courts and outside agencies -- from the local sheriff to the federal Drug Enforcement Administration -- confuse the issue of who should take the lead in prosecuting crimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 02:40 PM

370 posts, read 246,985 times
Quote:
All I have seen you do is complain about Black people.

And by the way, I have never committed any crime, I don't have any kids out of wedlock, I have a college education, I'm looking for a job and trying to weather this economy, so you can't speak for me.
This isn't about you....but you are an anomaly in todays black "culture".

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332
He falsely believes that skin color determines behavior. In reality, it's community socialization which determines overall behavioral traits and one's identity.
No I don't. That's a straw man and a particularly amateur one at that.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:48 PM

937 posts, read 1,134,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther Rall View Post
He's not an anomaly. The problem is, the media chooses to mostly focus on gang bangers, and not black men like him, therefore you believe that his particular traits are not the norm for black men.

Quote:
Based on your comments, you believe that behavior is determined by skin color. In your mind, blacks love to partake in crime and violence, because they are black. You don't seem to understand that poor people in general have limited opportunities and many often get caught up with whatever their particular community values and views as the norm. On the South side of Chicago, the norm is gang banging, so many of the people in those communities, accept it as normal and the children grow up to view it as a way of life.

Since many from the inner city lack proper male role models, they only know what they see, and what the majority of people in their community engage in, and that's largely what they grow up to emulate and become.

If the children from the South side were placed in stable middle class homes that taught good values, the children would mostly grow up to mirror the values that were espoused by their parents and the larger community.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:56 PM

72,981 posts, read 62,563,721 times
Quote:
No I am not. You are not to say whether or not I am an anomaly. You choose to focus on the worst.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:57 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,776 times
Quote:

If you don't think skin color determines criminal behavior than why do you think blacks commit a disproportionate amount of crimes? Give me a straight answer here, no dodging the question.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:06 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times
Quote:

red herring.

No. one. said. skin. color. causes. crime.

We HAVE noticed that black people are more criminal, though.
Oh the irony in your very own post.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Oh the irony in your very own post.
Ironic, and contradictory.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
If you don't think skin color determines criminal behavior than why do you think blacks commit a disproportionate amount of crimes? Give me a straight answer here, no dodging the question.
I seriously believe he thinks race makes a person more criminal. I haven't heard anything further from said person after you asked this question.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:23 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,776 times
Quote:
I seriously believe he thinks race makes a person more criminal. I haven't heard anything further from said person after you asked this question.
It certainly seems he thinks that way, but won't admit it for some reason.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:27 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,165,951 times
Quote:
Maybe Stormfront has been down today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies