Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2013, 05:30 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
If you don't think skin color determines criminal behavior than why do you think blacks commit a disproportionate amount of crimes? Give me a straight answer here, no dodging the question.
So what about Russia? And other violent caucasion populations? What does being white have to do with why people are criminals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 05:31 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,383 times
I've heard South Side is the worst - it's like a war zone - but other areas are actually nice. I haven't been there in years but I would go back. I would never want to live there though.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:33 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
So what about Russia? And other violent caucasion populations? What does being white have to do with why people are criminals?
You have me mistaken. I agree with you that skin color does not determine it. I'm wondering what the poster I was responding to thinks though.

13,255 posts, read 12,124,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It's not just black inner cities being targetted by the very evil drug cartels -- I was shocked to find out the level of overdoes and drug violence and suicides on the Indian reservations, they tribal leaders are helpless and can only sit by and watch their children die.

Guess we can forget condemning those who intoxicated them with whisky to take advantage and profit --- now it's the Mexicans doing it --- and no one, particularly not the liberals cares at all. Same with the disadvantaged in the inner cities. No one is going to do a thing about it. They'll continue to die.

Mexican Pot Gangs Infiltrate Indian Reservations in U.S. - WSJ.com

Mexico-based cartels exploit several conditions unique to reservations, starting with chronically understaffed tribal police departments. Overlapping jurisdictions between tribal courts and outside agencies -- from the local sheriff to the federal Drug Enforcement Administration -- confuse the issue of who should take the lead in prosecuting crimes.
Did you not learn that prohibition didn't work in the 30's??

Thousands of lives could be saved through ending the drug war. Even more could finally get the treatment they need.

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Maybe Stormfront has been down today.
It could be.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
I've heard South Side is the worst - it's like a war zone - but other areas are actually nice. I haven't been there in years but I would go back. I would never want to live there though.
You can't paint the entire south side as a war zone though. There are some great homes around US Cellular Field, and it's certainly a safe area.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:40 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,386,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
You can't paint the entire south side as a war zone though. There are some great homes around US Cellular Field, and it's certainly a safe area.
Well maybe I had it wrong. Growing up I was always told Cabrini Green was the hellhole there but I believe that's gone now. I'm just not familiar enough with the city, but family are all over IL, so I've been to the Chi. TOO expensive.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:42 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Well maybe I had it wrong. Growing up I was always told Cabrini Green was the hellhole there. I'm just not familiar enough with the city, but family are all over IL, so I've been to the Chi. TOO expensive.
Actually Cabrini Green was on the near Northside (roughly, I don't remember the exact neighborhood it was in off hand.)

Old 06-01-2013, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Well maybe I had it wrong. Growing up I was always told Cabrini Green was the hellhole there but I believe that's gone now. I'm just not familiar enough with the city, but family are all over IL, so I've been to the Chi. TOO expensive.
Well you're certainly right that the south side is the more violent side. But I just wanted to clarify that it isn't as if the entire southern half of town is like Baghdad.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:47 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually Cabrini Green was on the near Northside (roughly, I don't remember the exact neighborhood it was in off hand.)
Robert Taylor Homes is on the South Side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies