Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 12:13 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,805,252 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by steven_h
The two parties rarely speak to each other, yet they share the same agenda; Preservation of the political class.

It's just more Republicrat nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
Truer words were never spoken. Well said.
Of all the paths one can choose, the truth is the easiest. Is it any wonder things have become so complicated?

When it comes to partisan nonsense, just like Sonny and Cher, "The Beat Goes On"

Old 06-19-2013, 12:23 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,805,252 times
Originally Posted by ovcatto
Considering the Gillroy switched from the Republican Party to the Democrats in 2007 only to switch back in 2013 won't impress many black voters. Just white Republicans looking for the next black knight du jour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
If Republicans continue as a 90% white party you're going to accuse them of prima facie racism. If they try to bring blacks on board, you're going to say that it's "white Republicans looking for the next black knight du jour."

Ergo, this is not about race at all. It's just a two-faced means of expressing a dislike for the GOP.
Of course, it's about race. How many liberals in this thread used the term Uncle Tom? That's a racist remark, and they think they're the non-bigoted ones. Some of the most prolific racists cry racism, and they look like fools for it.

Even though we all have to share this ride called life, partisans/progressives (regressives) have no intention of making it a pleasant journey.

Not even for themselves.

Old 06-19-2013, 01:04 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,314,323 times
Duplicate thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...fects-gop.html

Seems you're a little late to the party.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:56 AM

78,604 posts, read 60,785,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Personally I think he is joining a sinking ship.
I heard that in 2004 about the democrats and called BS back then.

Frankly, Obama's solid win over a pretty crappy candidate in Romney is about the only bright spot I can see. Otherwise, since 2010 the reps have taken something like a net of 50 house seats...and the 2014 Senate elections are going to almost certainly be a loss of seats for the dems the way things are shaping up.

I'm curious how you've reached your conclusion here in 2013? Just Obama's win? Congressional elections? Governorships?

Old 06-19-2013, 08:16 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,496,495 times
I'd at least consider voting for Justin Amash for Senate, from what I know of him so far.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:44 AM

7,006 posts, read 7,003,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: Guillory announces switch to GOP | Home | The Advocate — Baton Rouge, LA

Welcome, Senator Guillory!

Great news, may it foretell a new age for the vast majority of African Americans, who automatically vote Democrat to the tune of 95%.
Another one wakes up from the progressive nightmare and walks off the Democrat Plantation. Well done, Senator Guillory.

Guillory said the biggest disappointment for him has been the party’s role in the breakdown of families.

“Their support of dependency over self-reliance, of everything but traditional marriage, of abortion on demand, their policies have encouraged the high teen birth rates, high school drop out rates, high incarceration rates and very high unemployment rates,” Guillory said. “Our self-initiative and self-reliance are sacrificed in exchange for votes for the party of disappointment.”

“The list of disappointments is long,” Guillory said, noting “the lies and cover-up at Benghazi, the IRS harassing the tea party and wiretapping and spying on reporters.”

Hope and Change

Old 06-19-2013, 09:05 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,740,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
It's always newsworthy when an African American politician throws off the shackles of liberalism to embrace the American dream, individualism, and personal responsibility.
SO says the party that wants to tell us who may or may not get married, or what type of sex I can have in My bedroom, what I can listen to on radio or watch on tv etc.etc..

Old 06-19-2013, 09:16 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,237,301 times
So a politician who thinks that the only way to keep his job is to change parties. So what was that guy in Pa's name again. Oh yeah another guy in Conn. he did the same thing.

Race means nothing its about keeping a job.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
SO says the party that wants to tell us who may or may not get married, or what type of sex I can have in My bedroom, what I can listen to on radio or watch on tv etc.etc..
Hey, I'm a gay marriage supporter and while the most vocal opposition is republican, there are a lot of dems against it too.

As for the other items, you really tripped my BS detector because I remembered Tipper Gore and Hillary going after those things in particular. How can you not remember Tipper Gore taking on music ratings etc?

Hillary Clinton promotes law to ban violent video games - Arts & Entertainment - CBC News

Parents Music Resource Center - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-19-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I'd at least consider voting for Justin Amash for Senate, from what I know of him so far.
Consider - Verb
1.Think carefully about (something), typically before making a decision and then voting straight ticket anyway.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies