Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 05:39 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,512,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
He spent like were at war though.

Besides, Reagan stuck his nose in many a foreign conflict during his presidency. Lets not kid ourselves.
Not really.

He bombed Libya after they blew up a German night club.

He went into Greneda to kick out the commies.

Compare that to Clinton. Bosnia, Somalia, Sudan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosovo, Serbia, etc....Just a few of the Muslim countries he invaded or bombed.

Funny how Democrats wanna act like it's Repblicans are starting wars all the time when it's a fact that they are the war party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Got anything in the last half century?

Bosnia, Somalia, Sudan, Iraq, Pakistan, Yemen, Afghanistan, Kosovo, Serbia, etc....

All Muslim countries that Democratic presidents invaded or bombed. All in the last 20 years.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:44 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,646 times
My question is why any of this matters. Let's argue what current politicians on both sides want to do. Both are fairly hawkish, but the rhetoric from the right has definitely been more aggressive.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Were they now ? What about beirut ? Or how about the iran contra controversy ? Keep believing saint reagan did no wrong. The man screwed this country for a very long time and we felt what happens when you enact bad policies and than double down on them with Bush 2 and his irresponsible cowboy ways !
And what policies of Reagan/Bush did Clinton overturn???? That's right. None.

And what policies of Bush2 did Obama overturn???? That's right. None.

Funny you mention "The Bush Wars" and forget to mention Bosnia, Somalia, Sudan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosovo, Serbia, etc....All wars started by Democrats in the last 20 years that have nothing to do with national security. But I guess it is all right by you as long as our cowboy wars are run by Democrats.

By the way, President Clinton said we would be out of Bosnia in one year and nine years later GW Bush withdrew the troops. The mass graves with hundreds of thousands of bodies were never found either. But why should that bother a Democrat? They never met a Muslim country they didn't enjoy bombing.

Democrats= Purveyors of hypocritical lies and ignorance.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELR123 View Post
My question is why any of this matters. Let's argue what current politicians on both sides want to do. Both are fairly hawkish, but the rhetoric from the right has definitely been more aggressive.
The rhetoric from the left is just as hawkish.

The media just portrays it how they want to.

Look up some of the things said about Iraq and Iran in particular.

There were also many Republicans that never wanted to go into Iraq in 2003. Not their fault if the media ignored them. Ron Paul and Pat Buchanan and the John Birch Society people come to mind.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:55 PM

1,466 posts, read 1,228,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
The rhetoric from the left is just as hawkish.

The media just portrays it how they want to.

Look up some of the things said about Iraq and Iran in particular.

There were also many Republicans that never wanted to go into Iraq in 2003. Not their fault if the media ignored them. Ron Paul and Pat Buchanan and the John Birch Society people come to mind.
Talking about right here, right now, my man. The GOP advocated harsher action against Iran than the Democrats did this past election season. What each side said 10 years ago is of little interest to me.

Old 06-01-2013, 05:56 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
None of us forget the Vietnam War. It was partly from the lessons of Vietnam that we were so strongly opposed to the invasion of Iraq.

Frankly, Johnson would have been a great president if it were not for Vietnam.
You are spot on! When I heard all the saber rattling over Iraq I was just in shock that we could make the same mistake as Vietnam so soon again. It might have helped had Bush, Cheney and all the chicken hawk, draft-dodgers like them had served in combat in VN. There likely would never have been an Iraq war if that were the case.

Old 06-01-2013, 08:10 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
And what policies of Reagan/Bush did Clinton overturn???? That's right. None.

And what policies of Bush2 did Obama overturn???? That's right. None.

Funny you mention "The Bush Wars" and forget to mention Bosnia, Somalia, Sudan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosovo, Serbia, etc....All wars started by Democrats in the last 20 years that have nothing to do with national security. But I guess it is all right by you as long as our cowboy wars are run by Democrats.

By the way, President Clinton said we would be out of Bosnia in one year and nine years later GW Bush withdrew the troops. The mass graves with hundreds of thousands of bodies were never found either. But why should that bother a Democrat? They never met a Muslim country they didn't enjoy bombing.

Democrats= Purveyors of hypocritical lies and ignorance.
Your right, clinton and obama didn't overturn a thing either of the bushes did. So why weren't cons saying anything?

The last election I voted for the green party not dems or pubs, I view them both as traitors to the american people. And the voters who put these people into power as a bunch of idiots

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk 2

Old 06-02-2013, 04:00 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,027,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I don't see how this is a partisan issue. Vietnam was stupid, and so was Iraq. Seems like we should learn from history, not mine it for partisan gotchas.
Exactly. Obama and Libya was a big mistake. And now he is eyeing Syria. Until all of you realize both parties are the same nothing will change, never ending wars.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:05 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,237,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Why do you forget it was Eisenhower who began our involvement by sending 'advisors' to South Vietnam?

Why do you forget that South Vietnam refused to participate in the 1955 elections specified in the Geneva accords and the Republican POTUS had every opportunity to wash US hands of them at that time?
Because it's convenient for right wingers, or, they have what's called "selective memory".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies