Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 02:05 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
...and you're telling me this...for???
I personally believe he is trying to justify his ill feelings towards Blacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 02:11 PM

What was done was a crime. It was murder, and the persons responsible should be locked up for their crimes. I'll call it out. It is wrong for them to kill someone. Why did those teenagers do it? I don't know. However, this is what I don't appreciate. I don't appreciate this murder being used as some case for "this is what Blacks do, avoid them all". This is sadly what I have seen from some posts.

Old 06-02-2013, 02:37 PM

15,526 posts, read 10,496,731 times
"So the last paragraph is key. Races are not mentioned concerning the accused or the victim. The accuseds are black - the victim is white."

Maybe because he was half white? I think it should be a hate crime because it was against someone who wasn't healthy. The guy was drinking a beer out of a sack, typically a sign of a down and out guy. I dunno, then we get into what is a hate crime. Which I sometimes have a hard time with because all murder is hate. Sorry for the ramble, but I think the Polar Bear stuff is off. From what I read, the guy was half Mohawk. The knock out game is bad enough, boy we have sick society.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:20 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,171,930 times
There have been dozens of "Knockout Game" attacks over the past few years. It's a sadly under-reported phenomenon. The general public should be made aware about this so that no more innocent people are killed or seriously injured. Anyone that opposes the spread of this info is only an enabler.

Old 06-02-2013, 03:47 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
How come this is not highlighted as a hate crime? These sins continue to grow and escalate and morph into more deviant depths.
What evidence do you have that these teens targeted this man because of his race? If that evidence exists, I guarantee they will be charged with a bias-motivation enhancement.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:10 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,413,661 times
Remember libs think it's just dandy that single women are raising kids.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Remember libs think it's just dandy that single women are raising kids.
Sarcasm isn't going to solve any problems. If your comment was suppose to be funny, please know that I don't find it funny. I find it revolting.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:23 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,355,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
if these teens are tried and convited, I dont have a problem with they being charged with a hate crime if proven...

This is a single act, there may be others just like this one...but lets handel this one.

focusing on black folk releases your presure valve but changes nothing.

The "single act" is actually a fairly common phenomenon, and it's nationwide. This incident was in NY. In Seattle we just had a case where a young black man was sent back to prison for a gun violation. He was one of a group of black teens who killed an older white man known as 'tuba man' who used to play his tuba for tips outside of Mariner and Seahawk games.
'Tuba Man' killer gets 6 years for gun violation - seattlepi.com

A few years before that, some black youths killed a young white man celebrating Mardi Gras. And anyone who spends any time in downtown Seattle has heard stories about random attacks of whites by black youths. It's common, but usually not fatal, and we tend to only hear about the fatalities.

We can bury our heads in the sand and pretend it's not happening, or we can try to understand why. I agree that the focus should not necessarily be on "black folk." It should be on the (mostly) white liberals who perpetuate this ecology, because it helps keep them ensconced in power.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:33 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Sarcasm isn't going to solve any problems. If your comment was suppose to be funny, please know that I don't find it funny. I find it revolting.
Agreed...many women raise great children as single mothers, while some people make you wonder if having both parents has made any difference at all in their social and intellectual development.

Old 06-02-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
The "single act" is actually a fairly common phenomenon, and it's nationwide. This incident was in NY. In Seattle we just had a case where a young black man was sent back to prison for a gun violation. He was one of a group of black teens who killed an older white man known as 'tuba man' who used to play his tuba for tips outside of Mariner and Seahawk games.
'Tuba Man' killer gets 6 years for gun violation - seattlepi.com

A few years before that, some black youths killed a young white man celebrating Mardi Gras. And anyone who spends any time in downtown Seattle has heard stories about random attacks of whites by black youths. It's common, but usually not fatal, and we tend to only hear about the fatalities.

We can bury our heads in the sand and pretend it's not happening, or we can try to understand why. I agree that the focus should not necessarily be on "black folk." It should be on the (mostly) white liberals who perpetuate this ecology, because it helps keep them ensconced in power.
It is criminal activities. Why not just imprison them like you would anyone else who commits these acts? These attacks are not the only thing going on. Black on Black murders are very common. More Black men die at the hands of a Black man then White men do. A better question is why do people commit violence in the first place on anyone? After that, look at individual cases.

Personally, I don't know why these attacks occur. I can make guesses, but I can't make an accurate guess as to why this happens.

How do "White liberals" perpetuate the ecology?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies